Assistant manager cleared out his desk

Smurf

Basic story here is that if you have staff they are approached by another club and up and leave, you get a news item about it, but if you're on Auto Continue, a simple look away, answering the phone, or any distraction - news items can come and go, along with your staff without even realising it, forging you to go to the market and replace that member of staff.

In real life - not sure how it works for coaches/assistant managers - however, surely there would be a notice or period that the Staff member needs to give prior to departing the club? In game, it happens all too fast, it can happen in the same day or over two days between important matches.

There is no "Stop" action like other news items, for instance asking if you want to have a news conference for a 15 year old you signed from Lithuania, or any other seemingly innocuous stops for other trivial news matters.

Initial thread here 

On 10/12/2019 at 03:43, armyissue69 said:

I get back into the office and find out, my assistant manager cleared out his desk, no 2 week notice, not 1 day notice, nothing. Every time some team poached my awesome staff, there is ZERO notice that a job was accepted and zero time for replacing absent a coach...I absolutely support a coach/asst manager/etc moving up in their career...but ZERO notice of contract acceptance to leaving?

And, there should be some mandatory payback for team covering coaching qualifications if you quit your post early.

Based on the thread and initial topic this is how I would expect this news item in a future as a suggested enhancement, when a member of staff coach/physio/assistant manager etc. is approached by another club:

Options:

If staff member is going to another club you get notified via a "Red" News Item
Convince them to stay by dialogue or with the lure of a new contract

And if the satff member sitll wants to leave you are offered with the "Red" News Item an opportunity to place an advert looking for a replacement
and/or Have previous coaches you worked with previously express an interest in working with you again
and/or Staff recommendations as possible replacements 

• 9 months later...