FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I've updated Wolverine tactic to V5.

Wolverine V5 is tweaked version of Zeus V5 when the Inverted Wingers moved from ML/MR position to AML/AMR positions.

4-2-4 formation is more plug & play formation than 4-4-2 formation so Wolverine is more plug & play tactic than Zeus which means that Wolverine can be used with more teams by default but it comes in cost of efficiency.

WOLVERINE V5

FM20-Wolverine-V5-by-TFF.png

35 minutes ago, garotospfc said:

do you think it is not possible in this version of the game a good 4141 tactic with extremes, or even a new version of Shield Wall for FM 20?

I've tried to get any decent performance from 4-1-4-1 formation but it didn't performed any good for me in FM20

35 minutes ago, garotospfc said:

PS: I'm having great results with the recently-killed Wolverine V4 (4231). :) Decidedly your latest updates have made tactics much better. Keep improving. Appreciate!

Honestly, there's a very small difference between 4-2-3-1 and 4-2-4 formations when it comes building your team for it so 4-2-4 performs significantly better than 4-2-3-1 so I don't any point in having 4-2-3-1

i didnt plat the last vesion of FM, for the first time since champ Manager was launched.  i had got fed up with the ME, but i missed the game and came back to it this year.  What a mistake.  I used to be able to make decent tactics myself, but its sooo frustrating creating 40 chances to 5 and losing 3-0 consistently.

thankfully, you have restored a fraction of sanity so that i can keep playing this game.  there is no way that winning games or just scoring goals should be as hard as this.  

keep up the good work :-) 

@Totalfootballfan,

Possible to have another video for both Zeus v5 and Wolverine v5 please ? Or Can you post screens with the tacticals instructions ? I'm playing on Switch so i can't dl tactics.

Thank you.

PS: if someone else want to help...😉

2 hours ago, Dicko1878 said:

Tff, I'd keep that 4231 going mate. I used it and I've gone 20 games unbeaten and it's allowed me to put James Maddison, Jack Grealish and Andre Anderson all in the same midfield. Absolutely quality

Couldn't agree more, your latest 4231 is a very effective tactic. Thank you for all the time you're dedicating to make the game enjoyable TFF!

PS: Is it just me or the one on one conversation ratio has improved suddenly?

10 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Sure

TFF I'm wondering why your ML needs very strong right foot while your MR is ok with Strong or Fairly strong left foot. Isn't that a bit interesting?

You wrote that in the first post.

Care to explain?

Hi TFF,

Quick question, how do you get your wingers/inverted forwards to close down more? I'm trying to do a tactic of my own but it doesn't seem to give me the option to get the wingers to close down more? The pressing intensity max out at standard for me. 

Thanks

48 minutes ago, xilere said:

TFF I'm wondering why your ML needs very strong right foot while your MR is ok with Strong or Fairly strong left foot. Isn't that a bit interesting?

You wrote that in the first post.

Care to explain?

Hey,

A left footed player is rare thing and they are very hard to find so the requirements is lower for them…

42 minutes ago, hp17 said:

Hi TFF,

Quick question, how do you get your wingers/inverted forwards to close down more? I'm trying to do a tactic of my own but it doesn't seem to give me the option to get the wingers to close down more? The pressing intensity max out at standard for me. 

Thanks

Hey,

Don't pay attention to it… those PIs were set under different Tis and they stayed after the Tis were changed but under the current TI they do nothing.

Thanks TFF , i'd got Derby County promoted using Zeus V1 ( V2 just never worked for some reason) and i'm making steady progress with V5 . No superstars just modest value kids but in top 6 of Prem in November

5 hours ago, Jophilo said:

@Totalfootballfan,

Possible to have another video for both Zeus v5 and Wolverine v5 please ? Or Can you post screens with the tacticals instructions ? I'm playing on Switch so i can't dl tactics.

Thank you.

PS: if someone else want to help...😉

Please 🙂...

TFF do you ever play with an underdog team in very lower leagues like vanarama north&south? I enjoy the game most when I play with them.

Would you change anything tactic-wise for underdogs?

Edited by xilere

Hey TFF, this tactic is making  WONDERS with my Crystal palace save, i have a very good coaching staff but the results and my position in the league table for now are incredible...
Every game was played and watched,no instant results,even for the Carabao Cup.

80445917_567816057384408_7194053732420550656_n.thumb.png.b68984937faa53e901e01600ee4771f5.png79674428_584427175724485_7489518405456756736_n.thumb.png.cf067b176d7dbc930effd65af2aa90d2.png

Edited by Jubi_06

1 hour ago, Jubi_06 said:

Hey TFF, this tactic is making  WONDERS with my Crystal palace save, i have a very good coaching staff but the results and my position in the league table for now are incredible...
Every game was played and watched,no instant results,even for the Carabao Cup.

80445917_567816057384408_7194053732420550656_n.thumb.png.b68984937faa53e901e01600ee4771f5.png79674428_584427175724485_7489518405456756736_n.thumb.png.cf067b176d7dbc930effd65af2aa90d2.png

Are you using ZEUS V5 ??? 

what training do you use ??  thanks 

I'm playing as Wolves in the first season. Started using Zeus and it worked great initially, but now not so much. I get pumped by the big sides away from home (including 7-2 away at Man City) & Wolverine doesn't work for me either (I was 5-0 down at Arsenal at half time using Wolverine v5). I don't expect to play these sides off the park and ease to 3-0 wins, but getting hammered every time I play a good side is quite annoying. Strange as I had good success with Zeus v1 in Northern Ireland in a previous save. 

7 hours ago, xilere said:

TFF do you ever play with an underdog team in very lower leagues like vanarama north&south? I enjoy the game most when I play with them.

Would you change anything tactic-wise for underdogs?

Hey,

I find that with any team in any league Zeus V5 delivers the highest overachieving level under the current ME :)

3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey,

I find that with any team in any league Zeus V5 delivers the highest overachieving level under the current ME :)

Hey, thanks for letting me know.

Also I hope I'm not getting these things wrong. Kind of a noob here so please tell me if these are true:

1. Your ML or MR doesn't need to use both right and left foot, they just need to have a good "reverse foot".

2. Your inverted wing backs are not like that. They don't need the "reverse foot". They're ok with the same foot as their side.

32 minutes ago, xilere said:

Hey, thanks for letting me know.

Also I hope I'm not getting these things wrong. Kind of a noob here so please tell me if these are true:

1. Your ML or MR doesn't need to use both right and left foot, they just need to have a good "reverse foot".

2. Your inverted wing backs are not like that. They don't need the "reverse foot". They're ok with the same foot as their side.

Hey,

ML : Right Foot – Very Strong 

MR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

--------------------------------------------

DR : Right Foot – Very Strong

DL: Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

17 minutes ago, Tigas said:

Welcome back TFF :)  , one question.

Is fine change the mentality? 

I suggest sticking with "Balanced" mentality and use the Time Wasting tactic when you need to kill the game

3 hours ago, ryanbwfc59 said:

I'm playing as Wolves in the first season. Started using Zeus and it worked great initially, but now not so much. I get pumped by the big sides away from home (including 7-2 away at Man City) & Wolverine doesn't work for me either (I was 5-0 down at Arsenal at half time using Wolverine v5). I don't expect to play these sides off the park and ease to 3-0 wins, but getting hammered every time I play a good side is quite annoying. Strange as I had good success with Zeus v1 in Northern Ireland in a previous save. 

Mentality makes a massive difference when playing away from home with any tactic. Attacking does seem to be the way to go when at home but don't be scared to play 'very defensive' when playing away, it will make a difference I'm sure. Not just for this tactic but for any you download or create yourself.

1 hour ago, SortitoutsiVP said:

Mentality makes a massive difference when playing away from home with any tactic. Attacking does seem to be the way to go when at home but don't be scared to play 'very defensive' when playing away, it will make a difference I'm sure. Not just for this tactic but for any you download or create yourself.

I think so yeah but wat to do about the TI's as changing mentality down, all the other TI's changes too, like tempo, passing etc.? I mean if you play some style, and change mentality, it might change the kind of play right...? 

5 hours ago, kelvin0131 said:

Yes i am using Zeus 5,no tweaks or changing mentality,3 players in: Erling Haaland, Dani Olmo and Phil Foden(Loan).I am also using imported training schedules and the individual training is set by myself,i don't allow my assistant to do the training. 

2 hours ago, Jubi_06 said:

Yes i am using Zeus 5,no tweaks or changing mentality,3 players in: Erling Haaland, Dani Olmo and Phil Foden(Loan).I am also using imported training schedules and the individual training is set by myself,i don't allow my assistant to do the training. 

can you link to the training schedules? Thanks

I really want a 4-2-3-1 that works well. I used a tactic that did okay, but I'd have the same ME problem of getting numerous 1 on 1's and not scoring... having 20-30 shots and lots of clear and losing 1-0 or scraping 1-0 wins. My team is Leicester and I want a tactic that brings out the best in Vardy (he only got 10 goals for me with my previous tactic despite me finishing 2nd), and get the best out of my wide forwards, Barnes and Gray.

The Zues tactic works very well though. Just beat Real Madrid in my first UCL game with Leicester 2-0. Unfortunately playing 2 up top means sacrificing one of Leicester's best assets in the midfield in Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi or Praett.

Great work though. Let us all know if there any progress on a 4-2-3-1 that works. :)

31 minutes ago, Rileigh84 said:

I really want a 4-2-3-1 that works well. I used a tactic that did okay, but I'd have the same ME problem of getting numerous 1 on 1's and not scoring... having 20-30 shots and lots of clear and losing 1-0 or scraping 1-0 wins. My team is Leicester and I want a tactic that brings out the best in Vardy (he only got 10 goals for me with my previous tactic despite me finishing 2nd), and get the best out of my wide forwards, Barnes and Gray.

The Zues tactic works very well though. Just beat Real Madrid in my first UCL game with Leicester 2-0. Unfortunately playing 2 up top means sacrificing one of Leicester's best assets in the midfield in Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi or Praett.

Great work though. Let us all know if there any progress on a 4-2-3-1 that works. :)

Yeah same thing with me, they score like 1 in 5 CCC...

4-3-3 would be nice too but maybe we will have to wait more patches again.

it also isnt working too great for me now.  Using Wolverine before, i was untouchable.  now, i'm struggling to score, and the play looks disjointed, midfield is half asleep.  

the notes for the update do say  "includes, but not limited to"

34 minutes ago, ricardohalves said:

15 matches... 1 won... :(

Same team, same players, same tactic... 

It's the worst ME in many years... 

Couldn't agree more. The most infuriating match engine of all time. I got sacked by Wolves in my second season using Zeus v5, I won the FA cup in my first season also with Zeus v5. I get appointed Watford manager in the Championship. Switch to Wolverine as it suits the players a lot better and I win my first game 5-1. Now I can't win a game to save my life. I'll get sacked by Watford too if I carry on playing so I'm just going to wait and see if a tactic comes along that can make this game playable. 

4 minutes ago, Marcus N. said:

See what TFF wrote about Wolverine at the OP… He said that Zeus is better than Wolverine and probably, you should use Wolverine only with top teams…

I used Zeus exclusively at Wolves and I got the sack so I'm not sure what else I can try.