FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, darkhell26 said:

Hi TFF,

Thank you for the amazing tactics. I'm currently using the Executioner and Ashbringer combo.

1 question. I have Haaland and Mayoral. Haaland will play on the left side and Mayoral on the right as strikers when using the Executioner tactic. Thing is AF is not Haaland's preferred role. If I were to change his role to pressing forward, which is Haaland's preferred role, would it affect the tactics much?

Hi,

I would suggest ignoring the roles rating and play him as AF

4 hours ago, Theodoros Yiorkas said:

For Cerber V2 MR/L have to trained in Inverted Winger (Support)? Because they have Winger role in the tactic. @Totalfootballfan

Thank you!

that was for V1, I just forgot to edit it for V2

8 hours ago, manidaro7 said:

TFF, is the best combo still ashbringer v4 and executioner v4?

Obviously, Ashbringer V4 is the best choice when you want to play defensive, I don't say that Ashbringer V4 is the most effective tactic, I just say that Ashbringer is the best defensive tactic which means it concedes less than other tactics but it isn't the most effective tactic

When you want to play attacking then Executioner V4 / Cerber V2 are tactics to go with, both tactics show great attacking potential at the moment so it's hard for me to say which of them is better

19 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

Obviously, Ashbringer V4 is the best choice when you want to play defensive, I don't say that Ashbringer V4 is the most effective tactic, I just say that Ashbringer is the best defensive tactic which means it concedes less than other tactics but it isn't the most effective tactic

When you want to play attacking then Executioner V4 / Cerber V2 are tactics to go with, both tactics show great attacking potential at the moment so it's hard for me to say which of them is better

I finished the season and at the moment I am stopped because I would like to know first which combo to use so that I can start to market by going to get those players with ke characteristics suitable for the form

5 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I finished the season and at the moment I am stopped because I would like to know first which combo to use so that I can start to market by going to get those players with ke characteristics suitable for the form

Gave Cerber a go with Norwich, same as what I've done with others came 9th which isn't that bad. No transfers/no freezing just going on holiday.

Cerber Norwich 9th Save File

(Tactic is familar and been used all season just not position/role/duty due to players but you can see that in the save itself)

image.thumb.png.6ec6ac200cdff4c68ec8a80590cd8e76.png

image.thumb.png.bd3892820e81432b82e7ae474df67244.png

image.thumb.png.65b6c613271429cb982a2c980faa2057.png

image.thumb.png.e3a7fd774ddd3b962fb76dee5b2d0cce.png

image.thumb.png.796d1098a486bdba0080320ce985b4ff.png

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, manidaro7 said:

Mate, at the moment I'm producing extensive testing of Cerber tactic, I'm trying some things that can further improve the tactic, at the same time, I'm gathering data to make a conclusion about which tactic is more efficient Cerber or Executioner... I can't give exact ETA when I'm done but I think in the next few days I'll clear this question   

56 minutes ago, Danwolf said:

Gave Cerber a go with Norwich, same as what I've done with others came 9th which isn't that bad. No transfers/no freezing just going on holiday.

If you have interest in tactic testing then I can give you some useful information

Here some highlights of my tactic testing environment:

The conditions and morale of all players in the testing league are frozen which means:

- no injuries can happen so you can use the same starting eleven for all matches and the AI teams the same starting eleven for all matches which greatly reduces randomness

- no problem with the conditions so you don't have to rotate the team and you can use the same starting eleven for all matches and that greatly reduces randomness

- no problem with the morale due to unlucky defeats or poor team talks or players complains and that greatly reduces randomness

Having all that after playing 114 matches (3 seasons  = 38 x 3 ) and using the same tactic I usually see that the point can varies about 30%, the goals can varies 30% and goals against can varies 30%

So... let's say I'm testing Tactic "A" and after 114 matches I can have these results:

1st run (114 matches) 100 points, 100 goals scored, 100 goals conceded

2nd run(114 matches) 70 points, 70 goals scored. 130 goals conceded

Now could you imagine how random your result can be when you test in real game and only for 38 matches? :)

15 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If you have interest in tactic testing then I can give you some useful information

Here some highlights of my tactic testing environment:

The conditions and morale of all players in the testing league are frozen which means:

- no injuries can happen so you can use the same starting eleven for all matches and the AI teams the same starting eleven for all matches which greatly reduces randomness

- no problem with the conditions so you don't have to rotate the team and you can use the same starting eleven for all matches and that greatly reduces randomness

- no problem with the morale due to unlucky defeats or poor team talks or players complains and that greatly reduces randomness

Having all that after playing 114 matches (3 seasons  = 38 x 3 ) and using the same tactic I usually see that the point can varies about 30%, the goals can varies 30% and goals against can varies 30%

So... let's say I'm testing Tactic "A" and after 114 matches I can have these results:

1st run (114 matches) 100 points, 100 goals scored, 100 goals conceded

2nd run(114 matches) 70 points, 70 goals scored. 130 goals conceded

Now could you imagine how random your result can be when you test in real game and only for 38 matches? :)

As you're very well aware I've got a good understanding of testing leagues along with environments. As with every test environment there are downsides, none are perfect.

It was a quick test with Norwich City leaving the AssMan in charge as I stated in my post.
Gives that realistic RNG approach and it's a team a lot of people use in FM since they have very good core of players.

Though if you want to talk testing in more depth we should probably take it to this thread -

Edited by Guest

23 minutes ago, Danwolf said:

It was a quick test with Norwich City leaving the AssMan in charge as I stated in my post.

I don't have nothing against any tests and I replied you only because there were conclusions in your post which you removed but I already made my post.

Btw, when I tested Executioner tactic with Bournemouth, predicted 15th in real game I got such result:

1st run - I got 80 points

2nd run - I got 55 points

3rd run I got 65 points

I must add that I tested with FMRTE which means I froze the morale and conditions for all teams in the league so all teams were able to use the same starting eleven for all matches and still the randomness was huge...

This thread is about TFF tactics, so there is no need to compare it (especially without adding evidence). 

All tactic creators have their own way to test their tactics and they usually explain it in the threads.

Have beeing playing around with Cerber v2 since yesterday and I like it a lot! I particularly like the adjustments you made over v1 by shifting it to positive mentality and also the CAM to SS specifically as it feels SS is slightly more useful or so it appears in my playthroughs. Very wel done TFF! At this point it feels like a more consistent corner scoring tacting is missing and it is the perfect setup (for me at least).

Quick question: You mentioned above some of the settings you use for your personal testing. I wanted to ask what sample do you usually take during these personal tests? Do you think 10x seasons is a good enough sample when there are big fluctuation/discrepancies from test to test? I'm simply asking to learn what would be a good sample for my testing too when I'm tweaking small stuff and trying to see their effects. Once again, cheers for great tactics as always!

10 minutes ago, Don_Khan said:

Have beeing playing around with Cerber v2 since yesterday and I like it a lot! I particularly like the adjustments you made over v1 by shifting it to positive mentality and also the CAM to SS specifically as it feels SS is slightly more useful or so it appears in my playthroughs. Very wel done TFF! At this point it feels like a more consistent corner scoring tacting is missing and it is the perfect setup (for me at least).

If V3 doesn't fail in the last testing run then it'll be the most efficient tactic that I managed to get so far... we should know in 15 min :)

10 minutes ago, Don_Khan said:

Quick question: You mentioned above some of the settings you use for your personal testing. I wanted to ask what sample do you usually take during these personal tests? Do you think 10x seasons is a good enough sample when there are big fluctuation/discrepancies from test to test? I'm simply asking to learn what would be a good sample for my testing too when I'm tweaking small stuff and trying to see their effects. Once again, cheers for great tactics as always!

Mate, I can only say that in my tactic testing league where I eliminated as much as possible random factors I get an accurate result only after 760 matches played and anything less than that is just too random

done all pre-season and built the team for executioner, changed to this right the day before the first game of VNL and this happened! Lets see if we can maintain this! Note that the team dinamics are still very low and tatic bars are not even close to fluid because of the change! 

Nice job TFF!

sss.JPG

Edited by Jonas91

A new tactic FURY V1 has been added to the OP

FURRY V1 is a tweak of CERBER V3 tactic. The only difference: Mentality, D-Line and Passing

Also, I renamed the time wasting tactic into SHIELD WALL V1

Guys, at the moment I find the best combo to play is CERBER V3 and FURY V1.

I suggest starting all matches with Cerber V3 and if at some point during matches it requires to put more pressure on the opposition and play more attacking way then you can change for Fury V1.

Also use Shield Wall V1 tactic when you need to "kill" the game and waste time.

52 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

How many % would you say Cerber and Fury are better than Excecutioner?

mate, I can't give exact numbers but the updated Cerber is better, of course, it's true with the new long throw-in setup

26 minutes ago, tractor76 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan, do you think you can create a solid 3-5-2 in FM20? 

Hi mate,

I've tried many times but didn't manage to get anything decent from 3-5-2 formation, I find this formation doesn't offer any high efficiency 

Bump

13 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

CERBER tactic has been updated to V3

Changes:

- chenged the D-Line to "Standart"

Guys, I find CERBER V3 is the most efficient tactic at the moment

(that's with the long throw-in included)

CERBER V3

FM20-ME2039-Cerber-V3-by-TFF.thumb.png.992e88d0c917a9933bbfba3e084a910f.png

11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

A new tactic FURY V1 has been added to the OP

FURRY V1 is a tweak of CERBER V3 tactic. The only difference: Mentality, D-Line and Passing

Also, I renamed the time wasting tactic into SHIELD WALL V1

Guys, at the moment I find the best combo to play is CERBER V3 and FURY V1.

I suggest starting all matches with Cerber V3 and if at some point during matches it requires to put more pressure on the opposition and play more attacking way then you can change for Fury V1.

Also use Shield Wall V1 tactic when you need to "kill" the game and waste time.

14 minutes ago, leeutd said:

I really like these tactics but is there anyway i can stop the fouls? 

Every game im getting well over 5 yellows minimum and reds  too. 

Thanks

If you see some of your players gets booked during a match then add "Easy Of Tackles" PI to this player, it'll greatly reduces the chances of him getting 2nd yellow / red cad

if your player gets a straight red card then it's just a random case, the higher hidden "Dirtiness" attribute, the higher chances of getting a straight red card

Obviously, "Hard Tackles" PI gives more fouls and yellows cards but the same times it's improves your result, for example, let's say there's a dangerous count-attack against you that has a very high chances to lead to a goal and if your defender doesn't have "Hard Tackles" PI then he highly likely let it happen but with "Hard Tackles" PI he will stop that dangerous counter-attack in cost of foul / yellow card but it prevent the goal

18 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If you see some of your players gets booked during a match then add "Easy Of Tackles" PI to this player, it'll greatly reduces the chances of him getting 2nd yellow / red cad

if your player gets a straight red card then it's just a random case, the higher hidden "Dirtiness" attribute, the higher chances of getting a straight red card

Obviously, "Hard Tackles" PI gives more fouls and yellows cards but the same times it's improves your result, for example, let's say there's a dangerous count-attack against you that has a very high chances to lead to a goal and if your defender doesn't have "Hard Tackles" PI then he highly likely let it happen but with "Hard Tackles" PI he will stop that dangerous counter-attack in cost of foul / yellow card but it prevent the goal

Thank you for the quick reply.

I will try adding the ease tackle if yellows are picked up