FM20 Tactics by TFF

Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, he suites well the AMC position in Cerber tactic

Hey mate,

Let's take the striker in Cerber V3 tactic, I know what job he is supposed to do on the pitch during matches and I pick such strikers that have a proper CA allocation to do that job well:

- the striker must be fast to be able outpace the opposition defenders so Acceleration and Pace are important attributes

- the striker runs with ball a lot during matches so Dribbling is a important attribute

- the striker must react quicker than the opposition defenders so Anticipation is an important attribute

- the striker he must pick a better position than the opposition defenders so Off The Ball is an important attributes

- the striker must be able to convert his scoring chances so Finishing, Composure, Concentration, Decisions are important attributes

- the striker should have a good technique so Technique and First Touch are important attributes

- the striker should press the opposition and chase through ball so Work Rate is an important attribute

I just use the method above for each position to find suitable players for it in specific CA ranges 

Thank you for your quik reply. But i still need more clarification if you don't mind.

When you say striker needs t have good acceleration, how can we translate that into attributes? For example for a striker with 170 CA, 17 is the minimum number to say that acceleration is good for him? what about a striker with 65 CA in lower league can we say that 6 acceleration is good for him in this case ? 

And what about other attributes ? and other positions ?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Thank you for your quik reply. But i still need more clarification if you don't mind.

When you say striker needs t have good acceleration, how can we translate that into attributes? For example for a striker with 170 CA, 17 is the minimum number to say that acceleration is good for him? what about a striker with 65 CA in lower league can we say that 6 acceleration is good for him in this case ? 

And what about other attributes ? and other positions ?

Let's say your striker have only "1" for Acceleration and Pace and all other attributes he have at "20" but what use of those attributes if he such slow that most of time during matches he just stands at one place because he can't run at all? :D

Let's say in your league all defenders have their Acceleration and Pace attributes at "12" so you want that the Acceleration and Pace of your striker were higher than "12" to be able to outpace the defenders

Let's say in your league all defenders have their Anticipation and Positioning attributes at "11" so you want that the Anticipation and Off The Ball attributes of your striker were higher than "11" to be able react quicker than the defenders

The same logic for other attributes and positions

Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Let's say your striker have only "1" for Acceleration and Pace and all other attributes he have at "20" but what use of those attributes if he such slow that most of time during matches he just stands at one place because he can't run at all? :D

Let's say in your league all defenders have their Acceleration and Pace attributes at "12" so you want that the Acceleration and Pace of your striker were higher than "12" to be able to outpace the defenders

Let's say in your league all defenders have their Anticipation and Positioning attributes at "11" so you want that the Anticipation and Off The Ball attributes of your striker were higher than "11" to be able react quicker than the defenders

What a funny illustration :lol: :lol:

So if i got it well, when ever i should recrut a striker i should have a look to the attributes of all defenders in my league     

And when ever i want to recrut a defender i should have a look to the ttributes of all strikers in my league.

I hope if there was an easier way to do that  :(

45 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

What a funny illustration :lol: :lol:

So if i got it well, when ever i should recrut a striker i should have a look to the attributes of all defenders in my league     

And when ever i want to recrut a defender i should have a look to the ttributes of all strikers in my league.

I hope if there was an easier way to do that  :(

Ehhh… picking players isn't that easy and the attributes isn't an easy thing

For example, having (20)Tackling for a full back is a great thing but let's take 2 full backs:

Full Back "A" - (20)Tackling,  Acceleration(5), Pace(5)

Full Back "B" - (5)Tackling,  Acceleration(15), Pace(15)

Full Back "A" is useless because even he's got (20)Tackling but he is so slow that he won't be able to catch wingers to tackle them so his (20)Tackling is useless thing when he is so slow

BUT let's image that in your league an average winger also has  Acceleration(5), Pace(5) then Full Back "A" becomes a very good full back for your league

As you can see everything isn't that simple so it isn't easy to give one simple method of picking the best players for the tactic 

First off many thanks for your tactics TFF I finally am enjoying FM again and that's down to you !!!

Quick question about training - I just set assistant to do that - am I missing a trick here or is this adequate ?

I am setting the individual training like you say to on the OP so ie all my strikers I put on Complete Forward (attack)

In reagrds to additional focus - do you use these - any preference or do you just look at each individual and see where they are weak etc.

If you do use individual focus- what intensity level do you use.

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

First off many thanks for your tactics TFF I finally am enjoying FM again and that's down to you !!!

I'm glad to hear it works good for you, mate.

Quick question about training - I just set assistant to do that - am I missing a trick here or is this adequate ?

When you delegate something to your assistant manager then it means you put in hands of "Randomness" and the outcome might be "Good", "Ok" or "Terrible" and you never know what it'll be :D 

I am setting the individual training like you say to on the OP so ie all my strikers I put on Complete Forward (attack)

In reagrds to additional focus - do you use these - any preference or do you just look at each individual and see where they are weak etc.

If you do use individual focus- what intensity level do you use.

For the general training I suggest using "Training Style - Balanced" and the individual training focus can be found at the OP

"Training Intensity" is an individual thing for each player, also, it's possible to use an additional training focus if you find it's appropriate

50 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Can you please continue with other attributes.

I mean, for every striker attribute what's its equivalent attribute for a defender

31 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'm glad to hear it works good for you, mate.

When you delegate something to your assistant manager then it means you put in hands of "Randomness" and the outcome might be "Good", "Ok" or "Terrible" and you never know what it'll be :D 

For the general training I suggest using "Training Style - Balanced" and the individual training focus can be found at the OP

"Training Intensity" is an individual thing for each player, also, it's possible to use an additional training focus if you find it's appropriate

Thanks mate - sorry for the dumb questions haven't done training before.

Do I just click on training menu - SCHEDULES - TACTICAL STYLE - BALANCED

Is that correct ?

Then do I select if there is no matches / 1 match / 2 matches 

Depending on weekly schedule or is it just easier to leave it on say 1 match ?

hope this makes sense ?

thanks

11 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Do I just click on training menu - SCHEDULES - TACTICAL STYLE - BALANCED

Is that correct ?

Then do I select if there is no matches / 1 match / 2 matches 

Depending on weekly schedule or is it just easier to leave it on say 1 match ?

hope this makes sense ?

thanks

Just set "Training Style - Balanced" for each weak

training-balanced.thumb.png.29091d6510bd8e74d5f569f5f53cf824.png

14 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

hope this makes sense ?

thanks

Mate, I just want to add that the training is a huge and complex subject and I just cover few small parts of it.

There are many other important things such as "Rest" settings, "Match Preparation" setting and many other "Happiness" management and many other…

26 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I just want to add that the training is a huge and complex subject and I just cover few small parts of it.

There are many other important things such as "Rest" settings, "Match Preparation" setting and many other "Happiness" management and many other…

Yep and im not interested in it really.

Cheers mate I will do as you said above

6 minutes ago, darkmaks200 said:

what tactic can recommend for dynamo kyiv?

Mate, I'd say the choice is quite small... there's only 2 tactics in my recommend list - Cerber V3 and Fighter V1 :)

Cerber V3 is more efficient than Fighter V1

I suggest using Fighter V1 only if you like to play with AML/AMR positions very much

Game got easy now with Cerber v3. 
start new save > overachieving > better transfer budget > get better players > overachieving > get better players > win everything >  start new save. 
All credit to the amazing and generous TFF. 

vor 22 Minuten schrieb HeavyPunch:

Game got easy now with Cerber v3. 
start new save > overachieving > better transfer budget > get better players > overachieving > get better players > win everything >  start new save. 
All credit to the amazing and generous TFF. 

Yeah.
That`s how it goes. I`m@the start of my second season with Hertha, after i`ve won the Bundesliga Championship (1p in front of Bayern..) + German National Cup (vs Wolfsburg@Final).
Now my team is in the Champions League and i could sell players for 55 Mio.€ and buy young, talented for 50 Mio.€, which is perfect for this season and the future.
So thanks to the CL and more talented, better (in midterm) players, the club will get better and so the tactic will be more effecient.
Ty TFF, actually the Cerber V3 is working now, when i gave it more time AND recognized how important speedy DC`s are.

Also i didn`t made the balanced Training-Stuff, which i will see how it works out in this season.

Edited by Nebuuu

Hi TFF, we meet again lol, brilliant to see that you're still making amazing tactics.  I thought we lost you after i couldn't find you on fm base but redirected by someone to here showing your tactics. 

Keep it good man.

Hi TFF

The new recommended combo is working really well for me on my Forest Green save.  Well on my way to the premiership so thank you!  Wondered if you could possibly update filters for the new tactics?  e.g. shadow striker, WBL & WBR are not listed in the filters, this would help me in my recruitment focus :)

54 minutes ago, kinghenrik said:

Hi TFF

The new recommended combo is working really well for me on my Forest Green save.  Well on my way to the premiership so thank you!  Wondered if you could possibly update filters for the new tactics?  e.g. shadow striker, WBL & WBR are not listed in the filters, this would help me in my recruitment focus :)

Guys, I've updated the filters

1 hour ago, MAECK said:

Florentino Luis will be good as DLP?

I'd say he seriously lacks attacking attributes so I don't recommend him for Cerber V3 or Fighter V1 tactics

30 minutes ago, That There Phil said:

Hey TFF

Is it correct that the 2 wide midfielders in Shieldwall V1 have different PIs?

It seems strange as the rest of the tactic is symmetrical.

Hey,

Yes, you are right the left wide midfielder should have the same PIs as the right wide midfielder

15 hours ago, domel said:

Hey TFF, what is your opinion about friendly games, is it worth playing them?

Hey mate,

Of course, playing friendly matches during the pre-season is important thing, you need them to increase the "Tactic Familiarity", "Match Sharpness" of your players and "Team Cohesion"

I tried every version of your tactic and I didnt get nearly great result like people on this thread got. 70% of golas scored are from set pieces and i agree that tactics got great set pieces but other than that, In my opinion its mediocre tactics. I appreciate your work and hope that you will eventualy work out some great tactic. Cheers.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb tenKre:

I tried every version of your tactic and I didnt get nearly great result like people on this thread got. 70% of golas scored are from set pieces and i agree that tactics got great set pieces but other than that, In my opinion its mediocre tactics. I appreciate your work and hope that you will eventualy work out some great tactic. Cheers.

Bro, i had the same "probs" a few posts ago.
Played with RaptorV4, which was awesome and switched to CerberV3 etc.
I didn`t got good results@first and when i was still trying for the 2nd season half, it worked (like you can see@Screenshots).
Even won the Bundesliga with Hertha BSC 1st season with 1 Point, because Bayern played 2 draws in a row.

Now, 2nd season with Hertha BSC, it seems to work again.
Sure, it isn`t easy as the FM`s before, because the FM2020 is more balanced/difficult.
Also it`s very important to get 2 fast Central Defenders, which was a part of my problem.
Whatever, after ~25-30 Matches with Cerber, it is a very good tactic in my opinion. Maybe not THE best from TFF but the best possible atm in FM2020.
Try to give it a longer time to show results and maybe after 1 season you have the full result for yourself. :)

Greetings

20200302162250_1.jpg

20200302162304_1.jpg

On 01/03/2020 at 13:25, Totalfootballfan said:

Do you have any suggestion for rest settings? Match preparation setting what are you meaning with that?

2 hours ago, Nonolo said:

Hey tff the cerber tactic works great, but i get a lot of yellow and red cards what can i do?

Hey mate,

There's a guide how to manage yellow/red card at the OP

2 hours ago, manidaro7 said:

tff I downloaded the new filters but there are some things I don't understand:
- AML (IF and IW);
- AML (Winger);
- ML (IW);
- ML (Winger);
- WBL

What does it mean?

"AML (IF and IW)" means if you need an Inside Forward or an Inverted Winger for AML position then you can use this filter

"ML (Winger)" means if you need a Winger for ML position then you can use this filter

I hope that helps

3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

There's a guide how to manage yellow/red card at the OP

"AML (IF and IW)" means if you need an Inside Forward or an Inverted Winger for AML position then you can use this filter

"ML (Winger)" means if you need a Winger for ML position then you can use this filter

I hope that helps

I'm confused

6 hours ago, Nebuuu said:

Bro, i had the same "probs" a few posts ago.
Played with RaptorV4, which was awesome and switched to CerberV3 etc.
I didn`t got good results@first and when i was still trying for the 2nd season half, it worked (like you can see@Screenshots).
Even won the Bundesliga with Hertha BSC 1st season with 1 Point, because Bayern played 2 draws in a row.

Now, 2nd season with Hertha BSC, it seems to work again.
Sure, it isn`t easy as the FM`s before, because the FM2020 is more balanced/difficult.
Also it`s very important to get 2 fast Central Defenders, which was a part of my problem.
Whatever, after ~25-30 Matches with Cerber, it is a very good tactic in my opinion. Maybe not THE best from TFF but the best possible atm in FM2020.
Try to give it a longer time to show results and maybe after 1 season you have the full result for yourself. :)

Greetings

20200302162250_1.jpg

20200302162304_1.jpg

Hey nebuu, I’m having exact same issue as tenKre. Im very mid table and I’m conceding more than I think I should. I’m trying to take your advice by sticking with it (tho I’m very tempted to revert to Raptor V4 as someone above mentioned it’s working for them still, and I think it produced a more attractive style to watch, and I love watching the games I watch each one on extended highlights!). I concede a lot from set pieces and balls over the top. My main question is what constitutes a fast CB in a top league such as the prem? My CB’s have acceleration and pace around 14/15. To get a good CB with more pace would cost 60+mil and I’m at Crystal Palace so that’s not an option. Is 14/15 quick for prem defender? And is it worth getting a quicker defender with lesser defending stats? 

Also I’m conceding from set pieces SO much but that’s a separate issue. My CBs have good heading stats but maybe the rest of the team is crap in the air? I’ll work on that one, the main thing I’m wondering is about the pace of defenders. 

Thanks for any help/comments anyone has to offer. Would love your opinion on this as well TFF. Keep up the good work! 

Tried my Everton team with Fighter v1 last night. Certainly entertaining! First game was a 4-4- draw at home to Wolves, coming back from 3-1 down to lead 4-3 before they equalised due to a defensive lapse. Beat Bournemouth 4-1 away and beat Chelsea 4-1 at home, so it certainly guarantees goals.

Signed Angel Gomes as back-up, but he has played the first few in the Second Striker role; scored 2 and assisted 2.

Edited by Carl0sAlbert0

I used Cerber v3 with Olympiakos for 2 seasons with great success, now using it again in my new campaign with CSKA Moscow, absolutely terrific tactic and results. There is only one huge problem with Cerber v3, it has made the game borring because you now win so much. Shame on you TFF, hahaha.

Joking aside, I have noticed a certain thing that causes some struggles from time to time; When facing a 5-3-2 or any formation with 3 centre backs, then Cerber v3 has some problems creating chances and shots on target. Obviously I am talking about my team being a middle of the table team, because obviously if you have a top tier team with best players, then even 3 CBs are not enough to stop you consistently. In my Olympiakos save, for example, during my first season I was playing against a bottom team that were playing 5-3-2 and even though each player in my team outclassed opponents on paper, we couldn't score. It is not like it's impossible to win, it's just that winrate drops a lot from what I can tell when facing 3 CBs.

Tested Fighter with Barcelona (FMT - holiday season).

Finished second in la liga with 95 points, won all the cups in spain, lost CL semi final against Juve (1-0 at home victory, but 3-1 defeat away)

Looks very promosing

On 03/03/2020 at 15:23, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Tested Fighter with Barcelona (FMT - holiday season).

Finished second in la liga with 95 points, won all the cups in spain, lost CL semi final against Juve (1-0 at home victory, but 3-1 defeat away)

Looks very promosing

Holly cow you tested it with Barcelona?How did u manage to win the league(EDIT:WOW OH OK you didnt quite manage , but still SECOND place with barca , how incredibly impressive :eek:)  and how did u manage to get Messi scoring(again I assume he scored some for ya?)..Is he only on like what 197 ca?I mean come on lad seriously  its Barcelona :applause::idiot::brock::stop::lock:

3 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Holly cow you tested it with Barcelona?How did u manage to win the league and how did u manage to get Messi scoring..Is he only on like what 197 ca?I mean come on lad seriously  its Barcelona :applause::idiot::brock::stop::lock:

He didn't win the league :lol: