FM20 Tactics by TFF

40 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF, have you noticed that your CF scores less in IR? or is just with me?

If you are talking about the striker then I see the only one reason why it might happen...  your assistant manager might substitute your striker very often and very early every match which greatly reduces his playing time and decreases his goals scored

39 minutes ago, hakankd said:

hello @Totalfootballfan 

i use your tactic since FM2018, you are the boss.

but i have a problem.

i have patch 20.4, and your tactic is not working for me. is it because 20.4, is that possible??

like to hear from you.

Hey mate,

If you are talking about Cerber V3 tactic then it was developed to work with 20.2.4, 20.3.0 and 20.4.0 patches 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If you are talking about the striker then I see the only one reason it might be that your assistant manager substitute your striker very often and very early every match which greatly reduces his playing time and decreases his goals scored

Hey mate,

If you are talking about Cerber V3 tactic then it was developed to work with 20.2.4, 20.3.0 and 20.4.0 patches 

Hey Mate,

o ok, that the reason why i didnt work.

i tried EXECUTIONER v4 ASHBRINGER V4.

i will try cerber V3 tonight.

thanks a lot for you reply

5 minutes ago, hrvo1987 said:

Hey TFF, thanks for great tactics. I have one question. How do you deal with subs? I mean, do you have any routine or you just substitute players you think are underperforming in particular game? Or do you look at ratings, condition, minute of the match...? Thank you!

Hey mate,

When I do substitution I only look at the Conditions, usually, around 68 min of a match I start substituting the most tired players

4 minutes ago, hakankd said:

Hey Mate,

o ok, that the reason why i didnt work.

i tried EXECUTIONER v4 ASHBRINGER V4.

i will try cerber V3 tonight.

thanks a lot for you reply

Mate, I'd say you should start with Cerber V3 because Cerber V3 is the only tactic that I recommend using for 20.2.4, 20.3.0 and 20.4.0 patches, also, there 2 support tactics(Shield Wall and Fury) that can be used with Cerber to further boost your results

40 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If you are talking about the striker then I see the only one reason it might be that your assistant manager substitute your striker very often and very early every match which greatly reduces his playing time and decreases his goals scored

i've confirmed this, and you're rigth..

i believe that my AM thinks that my sub Forward is better then the one i leave in First XI, and that 's why he makes that sub often

Edited by rlemos

16 minutes ago, rlemos said:

i've confirmed this, and you're rigth..

i believe that my AM thinks that my sub Forward is better then the one i leave in First XI, and that 's why he makes that sub often

Yup, I find that even the best assistant manager makes very dubious / poor decisions when it comes to picking the starting eleven for the tactic or making substitutions during matches

On 28/02/2020 at 16:08, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I don't know what team you manage and how further you in your save so it might be that some strikers greatly developed and some strikers greatly deteriorated in your save but as things stand in the 1st season here's a list of strikers for Cerber V3 tactic ordered by CA

strikers-cerberv3.thumb.png.8258ee3046425e3f2c37a62383761fb3.png

TFF is just a suggestion for those who cannot find good players for the positions. Would it be possible and if you have time to make such a list with the rest of the positions?

13 minutes ago, lipebtavares said:

TFF is just a suggestion for those who cannot find good players for the positions. Would it be possible and if you have time to make such a list with the rest of the positions?

Mate, I might consider that if I had a lot free time :)

You always can make such list by yourself using the filters at the OP and FMRTE 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Totalfootballfan:

I find it's less effective than Cerber

Actually i`ve played until now (because free day ^^) and tested about 20 Matches (new save) with Conquerer V8) and it was okay, but nothing more.
So i switched back to my Main-Save and got 15 wins in a row so far (not finished yet, but i have to go to sleep now xD...), which is my clubrecord for this save so far (2nd season Hertha BSC).

Clearly Cerber V3 is the best TFF tactic in my opinion.
Whatever, have a nice day@all.

Edited by Nebuuu

Found that Cerber and Fighter are really inconsistent, can score 4 then struggling to create. Also, with both tactics I'm super vulnerable defensively, each game I'm conceding A LOT of shots.  My WB are getting 6.3 / 6.4 rating every single game. Any suggestion? Btw. Started to use these tactics mid season around January. Managing Brentford, first season in PL. 

44 minutes ago, daho said:

Found that Cerber and Fighter are really inconsistent, can score 4 then struggling to create. Also, with both tactics I'm super vulnerable defensively, each game I'm conceding A LOT of shots.  My WB are getting 6.3 / 6.4 rating every single game. Any suggestion? Btw. Started to use these tactics mid season around January. Managing Brentford, first season in PL. 

Mate, if you play with a newly promoted club in the most difficult leagues in the game such EPL or La Liga then a typical scenario of your progress looks like this:

- At your first season you are one of the weakest teams in the league, predicted to finish 17th-20th place

- If you use a very efficient tactic then usually you can finish the season as high as 5th place and as low as 12th place depends on your luck

- If you use a very efficient tactic then each season you should do better than your media prediction and that will allow you to improve your team each season

- after improving your team season by season at some point you'll reach 10th media prediction so with such media prediction you can expect to finish as high as 3rd place and as low 5th, also, you have a small chance of winning the league but such chances is really small and you need a lot luck for it

- after improving your team season by season at some point you'll reach 3rd media prediction so with such media prediction you can expect to finish as high as 1st place and as low 3rd, only such media prediction gives you a solid chances of winning the title

So it might take 4-5 seasons or even more to win the title with newly promoted team in EPL or La Liga

The less difficult league the easier to win it… For example, usually, you can easily win Championship Sky Bet with a 10th-13th media prediction team and some very low reputation league you can win even the weakest teams in the league but the most reputable leagues in the game are really difficult and your overachievement is limited by quality of your players in such league.

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, if you play with a newly promoted club in the most difficult leagues in the game such EPL or La Liga then a typical scenario of your progress looks like this:

- At your first season you are one of the weakest teams in the league, predicted to finish 17th-20th place

- If you use a very efficient tactic then usually you can finish the season as high as 5th place and as low as 12th place depends on your luck

- If you use a very efficient tactic then each season you should do better than your media prediction and that will allow you to improve your team each season

- after improving your team season by season at some point you'll reach 10th media prediction so with such media prediction you can expect to finish as high as 3rd place and as low 5th, also, you have a small chance of winning the league but such chances is really small and you need a lot luck for it

- after improving your team season by season at some point you'll reach 3rd media prediction so with such media prediction you can expect to finish as high as 1st place and as low 3rd, with such media prediction your chances of winning the title are very high

So it might take 4-5 seasons or even more to win the title with newly promoted team in EPL or La Liga

The less difficult league the easier to win it… For example, usually, you can easily win Championship Sky Bet with a 10th-13th media prediction team and some very low reputation league you can win even the weakest teams in the league but the most reputable leagues in the game are really difficult and your overachievement is limited by quality of your players in such league.

Yes I get the concept, but your suggestion would still be to stick with cerber right? thanks mate

9 minutes ago, daho said:

Yes I get the concept, but your suggestion would still be to stick with cerber right? thanks mate

I find Cerber gives a guaranty that you'll do better than your media prediction at the end of the season but how much better it depends on your luck and the difficulty of your league

If it happens that you did worse than your media prediction with Cerber tactic then send me your save and I'll help you  

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

- after improving your team season by season at some point you'll reach 3rd media prediction so with such media prediction you can expect to finish as high as 1st place and as low 3rd, only such media prediction gives you a solid chances of winning the title

This scenario is exactly what happened in my save using your tactics in the EPL.

@Totalfootballfan do you care about position familiarity, or do you just care if he has the stats to play that role?

And what about this: I have

• a 25 year old winger who my assistant gives 3.5 stars in the winger position,
  • and a young guy who has much lower CA, gets only 2 stars from my assistant, but he is better in all key attributes and at least equal or better in preferred attributes than the other guy...

would you play the 2 star young guy with better stats distribution than the 3.5 higher CA guy?

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

When comparing players for the same position according to the filters, which player is better, the one that has for example 13-13-13-13-13 or one that is 17-17-9-9-13? Do you understand my question?

In the end I won the Champions League with my Sassuolo. In the final I beat Manchester United 3 to 0. Thanks you a lot!

2 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

@Totalfootballfan do you care about position familiarity, or do you just care if he has the stats to play that role?

• and a young guy who has much lower CA, gets only 2 stars from my assistant, but he is better in all key attributes and at least equal or better in preferred attributes than the other guy...

would you play the 2 star young guy with better stats distribution than the 3.5 higher CA guy?

ar-exmp.thumb.png.9926d43f0fd3813fa925907e1c2e9b95.png

When your assistant manager gives the stars rating above to your player then he takes into consideration these factors:

- the CA of the player, specifically, how it stands compared the average CA of the players in the team

- the player ability to play at the position

- the role and duty suitability based on the key attributes for the role and duty

Please note, that the attributes of your assistant manager, also, play role

If you ask me then I never look at the star rating because I prefer evaluate players myself and it isn't hard to do because the only what matter is the players attributes and his ability to play at the position

postion-ex.thumb.png.7de22add36722c221021ee5f9433d7bb.png  

Honestly, I always wanted to know what difference between "Competent", "Accomplished" and "Natural" but I was to lazy to test it :) but now I've finally decided to find out it... so stay tuned I'll report you back when I'm done 

Mate, I would suggest using common sense, for example, some winger has (20) Crossing and only (5)Acceleration and (5)Pace so his great Crossing ability is kind useless because he can't run at all and defenders always will be catching him 

1 hour ago, santiago_staiger said:

When comparing players for the same position according to the filters, which player is better, the one that has for example 13-13-13-13-13 or one that is 17-17-9-9-13? Do you understand my question?

Mate, I would suggest using common sense, for example, some winger has (20) Crossing and only (5)Acceleration and (5)Pace so his great Crossing ability is kind useless because he can't run at all and defenders always will be catching him 

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Honestly, I always wanted to know what difference between "Competent", "Accomplished" and "Natural" but I was to lazy to test it :) but now I've finally decided to find out it... so stay tuned I'll report you back when I'm done 

Guys, as promised I've made some interesting test :)

When all players had "Natural - (20)" rating for the positions then their star ratings looked like this:

natural-rating.png.032cebebd1b4a3e20990189fa659e322.png

natural-star-rating.png.eaacc3246250b79ef5d7a8c784b3612a.png

Then I changed the positional rating of each player from "Natural - (20)" to "Accomplished - (15)" and their star ratings stated to look like this:

accomlished-rating.png.abeeb7e9cbee237568a782e00b756222.png

accomlished-star-rating.thumb.png.271af9fe4be1b01acb562374568e152c.png

As you can see the star rating dropped significantly and it started to look very scary :)

But how much did the results change after that?

I tested for about 800 matches and the result dropped only about 15%

Conclusion:

- the star rating often might look misleading ( the difference between 4 stars and 2 stars might be only just 15% )

- if 2 players have the same attributes but the first player has "Natural" rating for the position and the second player has "Accomplished" rating for the position then the 1st player will do about 15% better than the 2nd player so the difference between "Natural" rating and "Accomplished" rating is about 15%

4 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

TFF 

Who would you scale based on your study?

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

When all players had "Natural - (20)" rating for the positions then their star ratings looked like this:

Then I changed the positional rating of each player from "Natural - (20)" to "Accomplished - (15)" and their star ratings stated to look like this:

As you can see the star rating dropped significantly and it started to look very scary :)

Conclusion:

- the star rating often might look misleading ( the difference between 4 stars and 2 stars might be only just 15% )

- if 2 players have the same attributes but the first player has "Natural" rating for the position and the second player has "Accomplished" rating for the position then the 1st player will do about 15% better than the 2nd player so the difference between "Natural" rating and "Accomplished" rating is about 15%

So how do we get the players natural for the positions if they have different individual training like you say in the OP?

17 minutes ago, martinobremnato1 said:

So how do we get the players natural for the positions if they have different individual training like you say in the OP?

In most cases it's extremely hard achieve "Natural - (20)" rating and suggest not worry about that

As the test showed "Accomplished" (15) - (17) is good enough and it isn't hard to achieve that

To get an increase in a player's ability to play at specific position it's enough to train any role/duty at this position and it isn't necessary to train the same role/duty that the tactic uses 

TTF, 

You did it again. Tactic works great.

Thank you 

1st Season, predicted 2nd and promoted easily:

image.thumb.png.4397640b74148fb47174056768267083.png

2nd Season, predicted 14, Won the title after winning both regular season an playoff.

image.thumb.png.3a5e9301694fbcf874da2ccdb39b1b53.png

image.thumb.png.141177b36453649313daf0b63795053a.png

With most of my team around 100 CA, i made it to CL group stage:

image.thumb.png.25f049623980b609f73e516bda277ffe.png

13 hours ago, roggiotis said:

HELLAS VERONA  Campione d'Italia  (first season)

Using Cerber V3 ,occasionaly FuryV1. 

No instant result, playing all the games

A1.png

A2.png

A3.png

A4.png

what's the skin you are using?

(most of the skins avoided to edit the match screens)

Hi @Totalfootballfan (fyi @lipebtavares)

See the screenshot of the 2 players I was talking about, my assistent thinks the older guy, Paulussen (with higher CA) is better for the Winger - Attack role on the right by a whole star, while I think it might actually be my lower CA, Siebe Paesen who is the better one...)

Both are natural in de MR position

compareStars.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

14 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan (fyi @lipebtavares)

See the screenshot of the 2 players I was talking about, my assistent thinks the older guy, Paulussen (with higher CA) is better for the Winger - Attack role on the right by a whole star, while I think it might actually be my lower CA, Siebe Paesen who is the better one...)

Both are natural in de MR position

compareStars.png

Hey,

If you ask me then I would pick Siebe Paesen

BUMP

14 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Conclusion:

Hi TFF,

I've been using your tactics since FM 2014 and i'm a fan of your work.

I always use Juventus and in the last 4 years always using 3 striker from your tactisc. Could you please recommend a tactics that will work well on Juventus and fit the players Juventus have (3 Strikers, 3 wingers, a lot of Midfielders, 7 Midfielders i think).

I want to use at least 2 strikers (Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo as starters, Higuain and the other as subs), supported by 1 AMC (Ramsey or Berna) and the rest are optional.

Option for Formation :

1. 4312 (2 CB, 2 FB/WB, 3 CM, 1 AMC, 2 ST)

2. 4132 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 1CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 2 ST)

3. 4231 (2CB, 2 FB/WB, 2CM, 1 AMC, 2 Winger, 1 ST)

Been trying to fit the players to CERBER & FURY but 1 ST and 1 AMC but it's hard.

Thank you

Just now, kingalexkr said:

Hi TFF,

I always use Juventus and in the last 4 years always using 3 striker from your tactisc. Could you please recommend a tactics that will work well on Juventus and fit the players Juventus have (3 Strikers, 3 wingers, a lot of Midfielders, 7 Midfielders i think).

I want to use at least 2 strikers (Dybala and Cristiano Ronaldo as starters, Higuain and the other as subs), supported by 1 AMC (Ramsey or Berna) and the rest are optional.

Option for Formation :

Been trying to fit the players to CERBER & FURY but 1 ST and 1 AMC but it's hard.

Thank you

If you have been using TFF tactics, you should have probably learn how to utilize the tactic instead of requesting a new one. TFF only recommend the best tactic he tried. Just fit them in your best. You will still win the league with Cerber.  After first season, sell those players who you think doesn't fit and get players base on the filters that is provided. Juventus should be easy buying players. Then it would start getting better and better. 

13 minutes ago, kingalexkr said:

Hi TFF,

Option for Formation :

Thank you

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear that the tactics work well for you

I would lineup Juventus this way:

juve-lineup.thumb.png.d6c104e735b8c26af850b880a4887ace.png