FM20 Tactics by TFF

ok then since the game allows you to give fieldside instructions every 10 minutes during the race so I will, thanks a lot!

summarizing the fieldside instructions are as follows:

- if the result is equal, you must say: BE CREATIVE;
- if I'm winning I say LODA;
- if I'm losing I say show more determination.

Exact?

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @Totalfootballfan 

I don't know if this is a variable you've tested with, but I've noticed that the Manager reputation has quite some influence on the results.

I'm testing a lot of tactics in FMT by holidaying seasons, and I've noticed that even with the best tactics and teams I'm not getting the same results (sometimes not even close) as to the results provided by tactic creator and other people.
When I do the same test (so reload the same save so it has the same schedule) with a manager who has the highest rep possible I'm getting much better results. I don't know if this is a fluke or not, but it's something I've noticed during numerous of my holidaying tests in FMT.

That would also explain to some extend while some people struggle to get results, it can be because there manager doesn't have the appropriate reputation. (and you always have the RNG offcourse...)

Edited by DavyDepuydt1

2 hours ago, manidaro7 said:

ok then since the game allows you to give fieldside instructions every 10 minutes during the race so I will, thanks a lot!

Match events such as Goals reset the cooldown so sometimes it can be used more frequently than every 10 minutes

- if the result is equal, you must say: BE CREATIVE;

that's correct

- if I'm winning I say LODA;

- if I'm losing I say show more determination.

Sorry, mate. I can't understand that

52 minutes ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan 

I don't know if this is a variable you've tested with, but I've noticed that the Manager reputation has quite some influence on the results.

I'm testing a lot of tactics in FMT by holidaying seasons, and I've noticed that even with the best tactics and teams I'm not getting the same results (sometimes not even close) as to the results provided by tactic creator and other people.
When I do the same test (so reload the same save so it has the same schedule) with a manager who has the highest rep possible I'm getting much better results. I don't know if this is a fluke or not, but it's something I've noticed during numerous of my holidaying tests in FMT.

That would also explain to some extend while some people struggle to get results, it can be because there manager doesn't have the appropriate reputation. (and you always have the RNG offcourse...)

Hey mate,

First of all, I suggesting finding out how those people played their saves to get their results, for example, they might be played in normal way not using Holiday / Instant Result and in this case there's no point in comparing your result with your result because you can do a lot more things when you play not using Holiday or Instant Result, also, they might do some transfers to strengthen their teams and so on... or they just might do some "replaying" matches after loses to make the results look more impressive :brock:

If you ask me then I don't find that the manager reputation has any influences on the results

9 hours ago, AaronRedDevil said:

Fired by Roma board for being knocked out of Europa League and Italian Cup despite leading Serie A by 6 pts with 9 games to play! FM is good at representing awful ownership.

Annihilator is a great tactic, let down by some (very few) away games being caught on the counter, despite starting on Balanced mentality.

Going to see how it does with Man Utd now.

image.thumb.png.01ed9dc91800a54331ea71ed291ee8df.png

might be bug in game, my board and players are unhappy because we don't fight for trophy... after 12 games in season :)

1 hour ago, fmjonek said:

might be bug in game, my board and players are unhappy because we don't fight for trophy... after 12 games in season :)

Your situation definitely seems bugged, although depends on your league position. Many boards/owners in real life really are that nuts. 

9 minutes ago, AaronRedDevil said:

Your situation definitely seems bugged, although depends on your league position. Many boards/owners in real life really are that nuts. 

yes they are nuts often but from experience in FM, board rarelly sacks you if you can get league title. in the end that is most iportant title.

Edited by fmjonek

18 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Touchline Shouts

Guys, I find that Touchline Shouts are important thing and a proper use of Touchline Shouts might significantly boost your results.

First of all, make sure that you don't delegate the Touchline Shouts to your assistant manager:

delegate-touchline-shouts.thumb.png.0f59a65fd29beaeb395f440b6f9ea809.png

When you are "Drawing":

When you are drawing during a match I suggest using "Get Creative" Shout by cooldown ( as frequent as you can )

touchline-shout-1.png.f085a8258389075919e7d52efbb2e8c5.png

The purpose of using it is getting as many "Inspired by the feedback" Body Language reaction as possible

touchline-shout-2.thumb.png.ad35def2904e9ea171bb0172829281ea.png

When you are "Winning"

When you are winning during a match I suggest using "Praise" Shout by cooldown ( as frequent as you can )

touchline-shout-3.thumb.png.85a7b7f817185b37df29aae3f31e7eef.png

The purpose of using it is getting as many "Fired up by the feedback" Body Language reaction as possible

touchline-shout-5.thumb.png.83769610392e178fd8f9f11566d4c957.png

When you are "Losing": 

When you are losing during a match I suggest using "Show Some Passion" Shout by cooldown ( as frequent as you can )

touchline-shout-4.thumb.png.4daab37959e8526c305d8a8699a5fab2.png

The purpose of using it is getting as many "Fired up by the feedback" Body Language reaction as possible

touchline-shout-5.thumb.png.83769610392e178fd8f9f11566d4c957.png

A short video how the Touchline Shouts work:

i used like 10 games your touchline instructions  and i found them really poor.   

35 minutes ago, tripoligate4 said:

i used like 10 games your touchline instructions  and i found them really poor.   

Use

Demand More: Draw or Win by 1 goal

Show Some Passion: Lossing

Praise: Win by 2 or more goals (once)

Minutes to use it: 25', 35'-40', 60', 80'

Make subs: 60', 70', 85'

Hey TFF having great success with all your tactics.

Just a quick query should I pay more attention to say CA and PA ratings rather than the important attributes you have listed. 

For example if I had a player with a much higher CA but the other had better attributes as you had listed which should I go for?

20 minutes ago, Wardie37 said:

Hey TFF having great success with all your tactics.

Just a quick query should I pay more attention to say CA and PA ratings rather than the important attributes you have listed. 

For example if I had a player with a much higher CA but the other had better attributes as you had listed which should I go for?

Hey mate,

CA is just how many "ability" points a player has to spend on his attributes and it not always true that a player with higher CA is always better for some position in your tactic than a player with lower CA

For example, let's take Olivier Giroud, he is about 150CA but he would be a very poor choice as the striker for the tactic because he is very slow and his dribbling skill is very low but for the tactic you need a fast striker with good drilling so Lys Mousset who is 132CA will be much better for the tactic

giroud.thumb.png.a647ab9ddeca155e36d453f9ad3a3b73.png

mousser.thumb.png.df013d35f0bbfc8cd7d808a3eb94e8fe.png

30 minutes ago, mike8528 said:

Which tactic you think better for Dortmund ? And best starting 11 ?

Hi,

I would lined up Dortmund this way, also, I suggest buying some faster central defender instead of Hummels, he is too slow

durtmund-lineup.thumb.png.8ed42a69fbb0a68812da4bb431ac763f.png

image.thumb.png.6f48b4c2e8890005b41ffc531cbbac54.png

Playing with city , using anhhilator v1, going on holiday for the match days . Is this going good or bad i am not sure. I would be fine with the table position if i were a weaker team, but with city shouldnt i be doing better.

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

CA is just how many "ability" points a player has to spend on his attributes and it not always true that a player with higher CA is always better for some position in your tactic than a player with lower CA

For example, let's take Olivier Giroud, he is about 150CA but he would be a very poor choice as the striker for the tactic because he is very slow and his dribbling skill is very low but for the tactic you need a fast striker with good drilling so Lys Mousset who is 132CA will be much better for the tactic

giroud.thumb.png.a647ab9ddeca155e36d453f9ad3a3b73.png

mousser.thumb.png.df013d35f0bbfc8cd7d808a3eb94e8fe.png

Hi,

I would lined up Dortmund this way, also, I suggest buying some faster central defender instead of Hummels, he is too slow

durtmund-lineup.thumb.png.8ed42a69fbb0a68812da4bb431ac763f.png

I never thought of it like that. Makes perfect sense. Nice one mate your an FM legend!!

6 minutes ago, GrandChasm said:

Haha, yea FM20 is abit harder than the former editions. Thanks for the reply. I was just looking for something new

I'd say after about 5 months of playing and spending about 1500 hours on testing, it's highly unlikely to find "something new" :)

Of course, it's still possible to make slight improvement here and there but as I said "something new" is highly unlikely

17 hours ago, serek said:

Just gonna leave this here. (this is a long-term save which I don't play regularly, I was using like 4 different TFF's tactics so far)

Przechwytywanie.PNG

That's crazy my only streak is 36 wins in a row unbeaten, what's the tips for going so long unbeaten? can you post the tactics you was using?

Morning TFF, once again thanks for making FM2o enjoyable again, your tactics have saved the game for me :)

Couple quicks questions....

1) Training on Cerber V3 you used to have training for cms as box to box mids, strikers were complete forward and wing backs were complete wing backs. Now it seems you just train them in the position they play, any reason for the changes ? I think you said you used the complete forward and box to box etc because it trained more attributes ? just wondering why the change ?

2) Is the change from Cerber V3 to Annihalator much more efficient or negligible ? I find Cerber V3 really good tactic so just wondering how much better Annihalator is ?

Thanks Again

Apologies for the no doubt silly question... Is there a simple 'how to' guide for downloading tactics and uploading them to FM on a MacBook?  I just can't figure it out :-/ I've searched around but not been able to find one. 

It tells me there is no application set to open the document.  When I choose one, it never seems to work. 

7 minutes ago, George1989 said:

Apologies for the no doubt silly question... Is there a simple 'how to' guide for downloading tactics and uploading them to FM on a MacBook?  I just can't figure it out :-/ I've searched around but not been able to find one. 

It tells me there is no application set to open the document.  When I choose one, it never seems to work. 

Find FM20 Files On Mac

Lets jump straight in with how to find FM20 files on Mac. The library location is now hidden and you need to unlock it. So, if you want to know how to upload custom graphics, tactics or shortlists to Football Manager 2020 on Mac, you first need to gain access to the library.

1 – Go to your main screen on Mac and from the top tabs panel click ‘go’, you will not see the ‘library’ folder’.

2 – Now hold down the ‘alt’ or ‘options’ key. Tada! You should see the ‘library’ folder appear, while still holding, click it.

3 – Now click ‘application support’

4 – Scroll down and click ‘sports interactive’ and then ‘Football Manager 2020’

5 – Boom! That is how to find FM20 files on Mac?

Hi TFF

Just want to check that the player filters have been updated?  (I know that there have been a lot of tactics you have created).  In particular I couldn't see the WBL or WBR for the newest tactics and the struggling to find the right AMC to fit my team so just want to check.  Thank you, really helped me with this FM version! :)

2 hours ago, kinghenrik said:

Hi TFF

Just want to check that the player filters have been updated?  (I know that there have been a lot of tactics you have created).  In particular I couldn't see the WBL or WBR for the newest tactics and the struggling to find the right AMC to fit my team so just want to check.  Thank you, really helped me with this FM version! :)

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you.

The filters can be used with the latest tactic.

I've just check the filters and found WBL/WBR and AMC position in it

filters.thumb.png.2f39d5c5ae407fe562cc1c3dc250a63a.png

3 hours ago, 8GoUrCuFf8 said:

Hi TTF,

Would be possible to get an efficient possession tactic in the future ?

Many thanks,

Kind regards

Hi mate,

If possession tactics will be efficient in the game then of course, I'll be sharing them :)

6 hours ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Morning TFF, once again thanks for making FM2o enjoyable again, your tactics have saved the game for me :)

Couple quicks questions....

1) Training on Cerber V3 you used to have training for cms as box to box mids, strikers were complete forward and wing backs were complete wing backs. Now it seems you just train them in the position they play, any reason for the changes ? I think you said you used the complete forward and box to box etc because it trained more attributes ? just wondering why the change ?

2) Is the change from Cerber V3 to Annihalator much more efficient or negligible ? I find Cerber V3 really good tactic so just wondering how much better Annihalator is ?

Thanks Again

Hey mate,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you.

Yes, I've adjusted the individual training focus recommendations for all the tactics.

I find Annihilator is slight more effective than Cerber if you have players for it.

8 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

That's crazy my only streak is 36 wins in a row unbeaten, what's the tips for going so long unbeaten? can you post the tactics you was using?

I'm almost at 100 already. I don't remember which tactis I was using exactly (I started this save months ago), but atm I'm using Annihilator. Everything else is just your skills as a manager and some luck.

1 hour ago, AaronRedDevil said:

Testing Annihilator as Man Utd; performing very well at home but badly away.  Many yellows and red cards. 

Tried changing mentality to Balanced but does not make enough difference.

Going to try Cerber as the away tactic and see if that is an improvement.

Mate, If you want to hear my opinion how to test tactics then in FM20 only this works for me:

1) A tactic should be tested for no less than 450 matches

2)  All teams should be using the same starting elven during those 450 matches

3) The Morale and Conditions should be "frozen" for all players during those 450 matches

And only after such test I see that randomness is reduced enough to make any conclusion about the efficiency of tactics

Also, I want to add that the weaker your team compared with your opponents in the league, the more random results you get and the end of the season

For example, when I test with Norwich(the 1st season) playing game in normal way then the points I get at the end of the season varies about 30%(from 60pts to 85pts) and the same happens with goals scored and conceded and when I test with Liverpool and Man City I'd say the results varies much less than with Norwich but in this case such test is much less informative because most of time you are winning not due your tactic but due having better players

EPL is the most difficult league in the game and Man Utd is only 6th media prediction at the 1st season so your result with Man Utd might be very random but you still have good chances to win the title but it's far from to be guaranteed

1 hour ago, kinghenrik said:

Hi TFF

Wondered if there were any good player traits to be aware of?  For example the striker?

Hi,

If you are talking about PPMs then it's something that I'm planning to add some point in the future