FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, mazey said:

Where is says tactical style ie tika taka, counter press 

If you need that to choose the training them I suggest using "Training Style - Balanced"

5 hours ago, jackgawthorp said:

TFF do you have any recommendations for team talks and shouts? I nearly always seem to start poorly first half against any decent opposition 

I'd say team talks is a very simple thing, you just need to find such options that give the most positive ( green ) reactions indifferent situations and it isn't hard to find them, also, if you don't want to bother with it then you can delegate them to your assistant manager and any assistant manager with good "Motivation" skill will do great when it comes to team talk.

"Shouts" is a different story… the way it works is still a mystery for me :) so I can suggest something like that:

- Use encourage right after conceding. Never use it when even or ahead.

- Use praise right after scoring.

- Use demand more whenever unless late in the game and you have a massive lead.

- Use no pressure only if your pre match or half time talks were no pressure.

- Push forward when you change your tactic to make them more attacking in any way.

- Basically the shouts asking them to be more attacking shouldn’t be overused when already winning by a lot.

- Be creative is a good one when you have a lead.

- Praising works after a good period (not necessarily scoring a goal)

- If a player is disinterested, telling him to show some pasion works.

1 minute ago, manidaro7 said:

So the attacker with his left foot remains on the field?

when you put the striker into the central position then his preferred foot doesn't matter

once more, in case of red card I suggest removing STCL position and moving STCR position to STC position, put your best striker into STC position and remove other striker

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

when you put the striker into the central position then his preferred foot doesn't matter

once more, in case of red card I suggest removing STCL position and moving STCR position to STC position, put your best striker into STC position and remove other striker

thanks tff !!!

Heard v3 came out right after I got promoted..

Started to build a team specifically for it in premier league.

even brought in lee kangin etc who is left footed for right mid 

and started retraining my rightfooted wingers for left mid.

Had high hopes but:

Also worth nothing Brewster NO GOALS at all so far in any competitive matches..

One quick note i started v1 with bornemouth but then conceded 3 or something the first half.

In the second half i switched to v3 and there on all games were started and played out with v3.

If TFF would like , I can sent him my save.

results v3.png

Edited by magicnut

10 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Heard v3 came out right after I got promoted..

Started to build a team specifically for it in premier league.

even brought in lee kangin etc who is left footed for right mid 

and started retraining my rightfooted wingers for left mid.

Had high hopes but:

Also worth nothing Brewster NO GOALS at all so far in any competitive matches..

Mate, I'd suggest significantly lowering your hopes for the current ME :)

You said that you just got promoted and I can tell you that I usually have similar result with Everton which is predicted 7th... and I'm very happy if I finish with Everton above the 7 place.

The FM20 reality is you should be happy if you do above your media prediction at the end of the season :brock:

3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I'd suggest significantly lowering your hopes for the current ME :)

You said that you just got promoted and I can tell you that I usually have similar result with Everton which is predicted 7th... and I'm very happy if I finish above the 7 place with it.

The FM20 reality is you should be happy if you do above your media prediction at the end of the season 

Im playing on the Beta ME...Bleh if THESE results I should be happy about then perhaps its time for me to uninstall the game yet again..

Sorry TFF but If I was to cut to the Chase for a bit with you : being predicted like 17th and finishing 15 or something like that doesn't get me bouncing up and down in excitement .

Edited by magicnut

9 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Im playing on the Beta ME...Bleh if THESE results I should be happy about then perhaps its time for me to uninstall the game yet again..

I can tell you that on the public beta ME the game is about 15% less difficult comparing with the retail version and it's still extremely difficult and when I play in EPL I'm usually happy just to do better than my media prediction and with less effective tactic, for example, when I play with Everton which is predicted 7th I might finish as low as 9th or 10th place... and only with Destroyer V3 I usually finish from in a range 4th - 7th

So any place above your media prediction in EPL is a good result :) 

15 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Sorry TFF but If I was to cut to the Chase for a bit with you : being predicted like 17th and finishing 15 or something like that doesn't get me bouncing up and down in excitement .

No need to be sorry at all, mate. I understand that many people have very high expectation, especially, after FM19 :)

I'd say if you play in EPL and your team is predicted 17th then you can easily finish at the middle/top of the table from 12th place to 5th place, depends on your luck

EPL is very difficult league

I can tell you that on the public beta ME the game is about 15% less difficult comparing with the retail version and it's still extremely difficult and when I play in EPL I'm usually happy just to do better than my media prediction and with less effective tactic, for example, when I play with Everton which is predicted 7th I might finish as low as 9th or 10th place... and only with Destroyer V3 I usually finish from in a range 4th - 7th

To me thats pretty sad and a waste of time.

But again thats my opinion dude.

Back on fm 19 I played a pescara save where the first season I was promoted to serie A...

There , media prediction was maybe..16th ish..wanna know how I did?

.. ... Won the league 12 pts clear.

First season. I also won the bundesliga before with Koln upon promotion the first season.

If this kind of level of "overachievement" is IT then and you say this is normal then this is just sad dude. Time for me to uninstall the game and not ever bother.

6 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

To me thats pretty sad and a waste of time.

But again thats my opinion dude.

Back on fm 19 I played a pescara save where the first season I was promoted to serie A...

There , media prediction was maybe..16th ish..wanna know how I did?

.. ... Won the league 12 pts clear.

First season. I also won the bundesliga before with Koln upon promotion the first season.

If this kind of level of "overachievement" is IT then and you say this is normal then this is just sad dude. Time for me to uninstall the game and not ever bother.

Hehe... I also liked how things worked back in FM19 but nothing like that could be achieved in FM20

For example, in EPL you can start thinking about competing for the title only if you in TOP 5 by media prediction at the begging of the season and even that doesn't give you guaranty to win the title it's just give you some chances to do that.... yup, the game is that hard at the moment, of course, in low reputation league the game is less difficult and it's possible to over achieving more 

Hehe... I also like how things worked back in FM19 but nothing like that could be achieved in FM20

For example, in EPL you can start thinking about competing for the title only if you in TOP 5 by media prediction at the begging of the season and even that doesn't give you guaranty to win the title it's just give you some chances to do that.... yup, the game is that hard at the moment, of course, in low reputation league the game is less difficult and it's possible to over achieving more 

But idk if you read threads on fm base people still mention winning the title first season , ive read threads where a lad won the title with wolves first season.

There was a thread where a lad won a title with norwich the first season. What is that due to?Some kind of amazing management??!

But idk if you read threads on fm base people still mention winning the title first season , ive read threads where a lad won the title with wolves first season.

There was a thread where a lad won a title with norwich the first season. What is that due to?Some kind of amazing management??!

I'd say:

1) It could be incredible luck because in real life you know sometimes people can win in lottery and in FM you also sometimes can have incredible luck :)

2) or you can just re-load game after loses and re-play matches until you win just to show crazy results and impress others :brock: 

6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I'd say:

1) It could be incredible luck because in real life you know sometimes people can win in lottery and in FM you also sometimes can have incredible luck :)

2) or you can just re-load after loses and re-play matches until you win just to show crazy results and impress others :brock: 

No but my friend in particular Zlatko Vujevic won the league first season with Norvich 95pts no fmrte , no bs , no realoads 100% legit.

Then he started a birmingham save and he won the league again with 95 pts upon promotion.

Everythang was legit and now he is on course to win the league with Crystal Palace(can u guess which season?right 1st).. RDF even won the league somehow with that wolves system ( god knows how , is it his amazing managament? probably is).

What I can tell you is YES IT STILL IS without the bull to win the league first season and i've seen it done and it wasn't due to luck.

Edited by magicnut

6 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

No but my friend in particular Zlatko Vujevic won the league first season with Norvich 95pts no fmrte , no bs , no realoads 100% legit.

Then he started a birmingham save and he won the league again with 95 pts upon promotion.

Everythang was legit and now he is on course to win the league with Crystal Palace(can u guess which season?right 1st).. RDF even won the league somehow with that wolves system ( god knows how , is it his amazing managament? probably is).

What I can tell you is YES IT STILL IS without the bull to win the league first season and i've seen it done and it wasn't due to luck.

Heh... Mate, then why you just don't take their tactics and start crushing EPL with Norwich, Birmingham and Crystal Palace ? … I can only image what you can do with these tactics if you pick a better team than Norwich ,,, probably, in that case you should get 100% win rate :)

9 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Heh... Mate, then why you just don't take their tactics and start crushing EPL with Norwich, Birmingham and Crystal Palace ? … I can only image what you can do with these tactics if you pick a better team than Norwich ,,, probably, in that case you should get 100% win rate :)

Well..Good point isn't it?

Back on my derby save (pre beta) I was using your raptor v1 with mediocre results first season..

Switched to vujevic 5-3-2 system and results were better. I should give some other tactics a try!

I was bout 11th btw in the league finished 7th after that run.

From february on I averaged 1.8 pts per game after I switched to that so who knows..

This was the run :

run.jpg

I dunno if you meant any sarcasm ( and you probably did ) with that last post TFF , and btw I want to thank u for what your destroyer v1 did for me so far with the back to back promotions but results were Ass as of late and I need to try some other tactics now :).

Thanks.

Edited by magicnut

4 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Well..Good point isn't it?

Back on my derby save (pre beta) I was using your raptor v1 with mediocre results first season..

Switched to vujevic 5-3-2 system and results were better. I should give some other tactics a try!

From february on I averaged 1.8 pts per game after I switched to that so who knows..

This was the run :

run.jpg

I suggest taking samples at lease 1 season length anything is less than that is meaningless.

For example:

Take Tactic "A", save before the 1st match of the season and then finish the season.

Then load the game save and plug Tactic "B", finish the season and compare the results 

I suggest taking samples at lease 1 season length.

For example:

Take Tactic "A", save before the 1st match of the season and then finish the season.

Then load the game save and plug Tactic "B", finish the season and compare the results 

Thanks for the suggestion lad but I think I'll try some other tactics now. :cool::applause:

21 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Thanks for the suggestion lad but I think I'll try some other tactics now. 

Also, I want to share my experience when it comes testing tactics in EPL… For example, when I test a tactic in EPL with a team that is outside TOP 5 by media prediction then my result varies with the same tactic by 30% or even more percent on 1 season length sample so I can finish the season with 70pts and when I replay the season with the same tactic and the same team I can end up only with 50pts so if you test with a team that is outside of TOP 5 then your results could be very volatile even on 1 season length sample, now could you imagine how it can be volatile if you take a shorter sample. :)

P.S. Heh... I don't say that your result would be much less volatile when you test with a team from TOP 5 because it's still volatile as hell but when you test with a team that is outside TOP 5 then your result is extremely volatile.

@Totalfootballfan

Look at this FM aids https://gyazo.com/ca4201c8c45ed7d56279bff408a11a1e

I'm using Raptor V4, first 13 games I scored 30 in my first 13 games and conceded only 4 now iv'e conceded 8 in 2 goals at the game really is aids man, it's ridiculous how can I have 20+ shots and no goals, this has been happening so much since I started playing FM20 sometimes 42 shots on goal and 22 off target even when I train my players for chance creation and conversion

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

So just to clarify :

Some questions for TFF:

1).When you play ANYTHING BUT THE MOST EFFICIENT tactic , you don't even manage to make the media predictions and finish a few positions bellow.

2). Any position finishing even say 1-2 positions above your media expectation is over achievement and is a example of the tactic working as it should?

3).(This is based on your previous ca examples where you mentioned that a lad on 135 average ca should compete against Liverpool for title with squad around 170ca) from that logic , to compete for a title a squad has to minimum comparable to the teams that you are competing with and theres no way to win a title with mediocre quality players say 135-145 ca average.(I presume you need minimum 160ca average or so squad to actually challenge for the title on fm 20 even on beta).

Are all 3 of my assessments accurate?

9 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@Totalfootballfan

Look at this FM aids https://gyazo.com/ca4201c8c45ed7d56279bff408a11a1e

I'm using Raptor V4, first 13 games I scored 30 in my first 13 games and conceded only 4 now iv'e conceded 8 in 2 goals at the game really is aids man, it's ridiculous how can I have 20+ shots and no goals, this has been happening so much since I started playing FM20 sometimes 42 shots on goal and 22 off target even when I train my players for chance creation and conversion

In FM20 the chances conversion rate can be very random.

Btw, I suggest ignoring "Total Shots" stat and pay more attention to "Scoring Chances" that stat consist of "Clear Cut Chances" and "Half Chances".

As I said it isn't rare to encounter matches when you team have 35+ shots but score 0 goals even if you team consists of top players so you aren't alone here :)

10 minutes ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@Totalfootballfan I was unbeaten in my first 13 games in the league and my players that start and the subs morale wasn't even above fairly good how does that make sense? I make sure I always say the right thing's in press conferences/pre-game and post match talk

Mate, it's really hard for me to comment the morale situation because there're many different factors that have impact on it. 

So just to clarify :

Some questions for TFF:

1).When you play ANYTHING BUT THE MOST EFFICIENT tactic , you don't even manage to make the media predictions and finish a few positions bellow.

2). Any position finishing even say 1-2 positions above your media expectation is over achievement and is a example of the tactic working as it should?

3).(This is based on your previous ca examples where you mentioned that a lad on 135 average ca should compete against Liverpool for title with squad around 170ca) from that logic , to compete for a title a squad has to minimum comparable to the teams that you are competing with and theres no way to win a title with mediocre quality players say 135-145 ca average.(I presume you need minimum 160ca average or so squad to actually challenge for the title on fm 20 even on beta).

Your "overachieving" level depends on the difficulty of the league you play and your starting position.

Also, I want to explain a bit what media prediction means. If you look at it before the 1st match of the season then you'll find all the teams are ranked by their average CA(Current Ability) so this way you can get a clue about strength of your team comparing other teams in the league.

For example, if you pick a team that 10th media prediction in low rep league like Championship and you use a very good tactic then you have very good chances to win the league but if you pick a team that has 10th media prediction in EPL then it would a good result already if you finish between 7th and  3rd place.

Also, if you pick a team that has 20th media prediction in EPL then there's more room for overachieving because in that case you can finish from 10th place to 5th place but if you pick a team that has 7th media prediction then it would be a good result to finish from 5th to 3rd place, speaking other words, the higher you go, the less space for overachieving and harder to do better than your media prediction.

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Your "overachieving" level depends on the difficulty of the league you play and your starting position.

Also, I want to explain a bit what media prediction means. If you look at it before the 1st match of the season then you'll find all the teams are ranked by their average CA(Current Ability) so this way you can get a clue about strength of your team comparing other teams in the league.

For example, if you pick a team that 10th media prediction in low rep league like Championship and you use a very good tactic then you have very good chances to win the league but if you pick a team that has 10th media prediction in EPL then it would a good result already if you finish between 7th and  3rd place.

Also, if you pick a team that has 20th media prediction in EPL then there's more room for overachieving because in that case you can finish from 10th place to 5th place but if you pick a team that has 7th media prediction then it would be a good result to finish from 5th to 3rd place, speaking other words, the higher you go, the less space for overachieving and harder to do better than your media prediction.

I feel your answer is rather dodgy and eludes the question so I'll give specific examples.

Lets talk specifically in the premier league.

1).Did I understand correctly in the premier league you have not managed to really get virtually *any* substantial over achievement with any except THE MOST EFFICIENT of systems (namely you mentioned everton media excpt.7th you finished 9-10th with anythinng except most effective system). So therefore if you use ANYTHING ELSE except the most effective system typically you wont achieve any substantial over achievement or quite likely underachieve?

2). Anything even a few places higher you would consider that the tactic working right as it should..?

3). What would be the MINIMUM CA of a squad that can realistically challenge for a premier league title with high probabilty and would you rule out winning a premier league title with mediocre squad say 135-140ish ca?

27 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

It would be wrong to give exact CA numbers that you should have to win the league because your rivals also do transfers and they can do bad or good so they might become stronger or weaker over time.

If we are talking about EPL then you can win the title with 135-145 CA... but you need a lot of luck for it... everything is possible but the chances for it could 5%-10%... the stronger your team comparing with your competitors, the higher your chances to win things :)

5 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

It would be wrong to give exact CA numbers that you should have to win the league because your rivals also do transfers and they can do bad or good so they might become stronger or weaker over time.

If we are talking about EPL then you can win the title with 135-145 CA... but you need a lot of luck for it... everything is possible but the chances for it could 5%-10%... the stronger your team comparing with your competitors, the higher your chances to win things :)

Lets say I am challenging with City and Liverpool both with squads around 170ca (just a hypothetical scenario).

ROUGHLY ( I know its perhaps hard to say) what ca does my squad have to be to give me say a 50% chance of winning a title using most "efficient" tactics?

12 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

I3). What would be the MINIMUM CA of a squad that can realistically challenge for a premier league title with high probabilty and would you rule out winning a premier league title with mediocre squad say 135-140ish ca?

For example, when I test with Arsenal(predicted 5th) or Man Und(predicted 6th) I don't feel like I should 100% win the title and usually if I win the title then it's just 3 points above Liverpool or Man City... as you can see the difficulty level is very high

3 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

Lets say I am challenging with City and Liverpool both with squads around 170ca (just a hypothetical scenario).

ROUGHLY ( I know its perhaps hard to say) what ca does my squad have to be to give me say a 50% chance of winning a title using most "efficient" tactics?

If I test with Man City or Liverpool then I'd say there's 70%-80% probability to win the title but it's only when random factors such as injuries are eliminated by FMRTE

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

If I test with Man City or Liverpool then I'd say there's 70%-80% to win the title but it's only when random factors such as injuries are eliminates by FMRTE

So even with City or Liverpool you do not always win the title.?!:idiot::onmehead::eek:

Sounds pretty sad to me. Dunno about you..

Thanks for cutting to the Chase tho :cool:

Edited by magicnut

12 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yup, I agree with you... I also find that the difficulty level and randomness is a bit too much in FM20 but probably there are people who like such difficulty

To me given the things you've said , and provided that your tactics are *really* the best and most efficient out there the level of "over achievement" even VIABLE to get on this engine is so sad that its not even bothering but that's just my opinion.

Edited by magicnut