FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Arrows said:

Agree with this! I dread a long throw on key highlights as I know the keeper claims it and the opposition team counter and create a good chance.

Pain in the ass aint it!

Im not criticising TFF tactics, he's the best by far I check here everyday for something new. Just always room to improve possibly

could you just pinpoint more what type of players i would need for DM, CM and AMC positions? i read the OP obviously and other comments, but just to reassure me that im thinking right:

for the DLP support role: i look for a defensive mid that can pass and create
for the CM  attack role like you said a Milinkovic, Koke type so a box to box type with emphasis on attacking attributes
for the AMC i look for passing, technique, creativity and quickness. like a Hazard type of player

Hey TFF, just a big thanks.

I have played FM since championship manager 98/99 (I was 8) with amazing teams Athletic club Bilbao, Parma or Juventus

Since FM16 I have played with tactic I find on internet, jessautralia, knap and TFF (the GOAT).

I remember in FM17, with TFF’s tactic. I played in 15 countries (every continent) in the same save with no lose during 7 years.

My target is simple, build a team in buying wonderkids and have XI with CA 160+ and just 9 substitutes  DC   DC(loan)   DR   DL   DM/MC   MC/AMC   ML   MR   ST with CA 145+.

Top XI just plays big championship match and UCL and substitutes play every other match. Like this every players play minimum 25 matches => always 100% condition and nobody complains of game time.

Cerber V4 is amazing, however ST don't score a lot.

Keep you and your family safe.

20200407230022_1.jpg

Edited by salora

Hello TFF, hello guys,

I need a tactics for my second season with Leicester.

For my first season, i relied on the tactics of TFF (Cerber V4) which worked pretty well until the middle of the second half of the season when I went on the losing streak and dropped 4th place.

I want to play in 4-2-3-1. I have a lot of opportunities that I cannot convert and I often take counter attack goals .

below my workforce

effectif.thumb.jpg.a4d9d6b98ccddc8ecd1a3ccaf51c6439.jpg

I sold Ricardo Perreira and i bought Draxler and Mbabu.

A big thank you for your help !

Best regards

3 hours ago, pollackattack said:

could you just pinpoint more what type of players i would need for DM, CM and AMC positions? i read the OP obviously and other comments, but just to reassure me that im thinking right:

for the DLP support role: i look for a defensive mid that can pass and create
for the CM  attack role like you said a Milinkovic, Koke type so a box to box type with emphasis on attacking attributes
for the AMC i look for passing, technique, creativity and quickness. like a Hazard type of player

Hi,

Your thinking is correct

5 hours ago, seeker99 said:

Lets assume i would change there ratings to fit them into the new tactic. So 4-5-1(DM) is more effective than 4231?

If you are going to change the rating to fit players into tactic then such as 4411, 4411(2xDMs), 442, 442(2xDMs) would be very effective for AI teams

17 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

My advice are simple: use Cerber V4 tactic or Fighter V2 tactic, keep improving your team and glorious results will come :)

Which tactic better defensively? Which tactic is better against top team?

Hi, I put my set piece takers according to your OP but during the game my CB’s are taking the throw ins sometimes and corners are taken by MC for example. Is there any way to put the position as the set piece taker and not the actual player? 

Example, right now I’ve chosen my first choice rb as first right throw-in taker on right side. Even if he is playing my CB takes the throw-in sometimes. Is it a bug or what am I doing wrong?

17 minutes ago, Josifovski said:

Hi, I put my set piece takers according to your OP but during the game my CB’s are taking the throw ins sometimes and corners are taken by MC for example. Is there any way to put the position as the set piece taker and not the actual player? 

Example, right now I’ve chosen my first choice rb as first right throw-in taker on right side. Even if he is playing my CB takes the throw-in sometimes. Is it a bug or what am I doing wrong?

Hi,

It looks that when it comes the corners takers setting the position as the corners taker works correctly but when it comes to the throw-ins takers setting the position doesn't work correctly and sometimes the CBs take throw-ins instead of the WBs so the only way to be sure when it comes to the throw-ins taker is setting the actual player

On 07/04/2020 at 04:06, MikeRuttz said:

TFF,

Have you considered looking at the corner and throw in routines again?

99% of the time the goalkeeper claims them or the team break from them and score. Very little success with them currently

TFF? 

The corner setup definitely works with the right players. For example I play Kurt Zouma with Chelsea even though he is missing some key attributes because he is in the double digits for goals, all from corners.

Season 1
League - 23/6/9 - 3rd
Goals 78
Against 39

Did nothing in cups

Season 2
Suffered a little cos of Champs Lge tiredness
League - 23/6/9 - 5th
Goals 78
Against 43

Knocked out of CL in 2nd KO round vs Barca

Season 3
League - 27/3/8 - 2nd
Goals 88
Against 36

Won Europa League at a canter

Squad at end of season 3

GK - Dani Martin, Ellery Balcombe

CB - Todibo (Loan), Upamecano, Christiansen
RWB - Aarons, Bogle
LWB - Lewis, Aaron Martin

DLP - Mandragora Ajer

CM - Bellingham Weigl

LM - Cantwell Dilrosun
RM - Chukwueze Cash

SS - Almada, David

AF - Esposito, Eduoaurd

Had to loan out Godfrey as couldnt get a game.

Using Cerber V4, take time to build the side, players who can play the roles or grow into them.

TFF - Just another big shout out to ya mate !!!!

Using Fighter in the welsh leagues. 3rd season in and just made it out of the group stages of Euro Cup 2. Tactics are spot on and make the game fun to play.

Am winning everything and knocking TNS off their perch.

One quick question - sorry not tactic related......

I cant scout outside wales and the option to ask board to extend scouting range is not available - will this come as my club grows ?

Also work permits - im scouting some quality talented youngsters but getting trouble getting work permits. Is it a case of if they need a work permit then don't even bother scouting them ?

18 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

TFF - Just another big shout out to ya mate !!!!

Using Fighter in the welsh leagues. 3rd season in and just made it out of the group stages of Euro Cup 2. Tactics are spot on and make the game fun to play.

Am winning everything and knocking TNS off their perch.

I'm glad to hear it works good for you, mate

One quick question - sorry not tactic related......

I cant scout outside wales and the option to ask board to extend scouting range is not available - will this come as my club grows ?

Yes, it'll become available as the club grows

Also work permits - im scouting some quality talented youngsters but getting trouble getting work permits. Is it a case of if they need a work permit then don't even bother scouting them ?

It's hard to predict whether some player will get a work permit or not until you try

I don't like the way the scouting system and attributes masking work in the game so I prefer using 3rd party software(FMRTE) to search players  

Hello mates,

After first season in Vanarama NL North :)  Started with Cerber v4, than turned into Cerber v3 for a small period and finally changed into Cerber V4....

Always started with Cerber v4, when need goals changed to Overload during match, or when want to park the bus than used Shield Wall.

All thanks and credits goes to TFF :)

Vanarama National League North_ Profil.png

Edited by Avdzha

2 hours ago, Thomas44116 said:

Hello @Totalfootballfan , thank you for your work TFF. 

I use the Cerber 4 tactic, if I understood correctly whoever plays left midfielders must have a strong right foot and who who play on the right must have o strong left foot ? Thank you for your answer 

Hi.

I've updated the OP and added information about preferred foot recommendations for the positions if some position isn't mentioned then the preferred foot isn't important for this position 

For me Annihilator is the best and most stable tactic i've tried so far. I also tried cerber v4 which is also a great tactic but in comparison i had scoring problems more often with cerber than with anihilator, despite dominant performances.

I've just finished my second season with Liverpool. I know it's not so difficult to win games with Liverpool but the stability of Annihilator is so impressive.

In the first season i won the Premier League, the Champions League, the Carabao Cup and the FA Cup.

In the second season i won all possible trophies.

I finished both Premier league seasons with 105 points.

So thanks for your great work TFF!

Edited by Sisamom

16 minutes ago, StewG said:

As well as my success with Rangers, for anyone wondering about International level with Cerber v4. 

Unbeaten run.png

Just lost 2-1 to Brazil, we should have won. But 2 years unbeaten with Scotland is pretty good 😂

25 minutes ago, seeker99 said:

Hello @Totalfootballfan,

so going with Cerber v4 who would be better DM players like Bentancur or more type of Florentino Luis?

Hi,

If we take the 1st season then Bentancur is much better for the DM position than Florentino Luís so there's no doubts whom to choose

25 minutes ago, seeker99 said:

And which players are best for WBL and WBR, would TAA or Kimmich be good WBR or you recommend some faster player maybe like Odriziola?

Kimmich is too slow

TAA is OK... Also, he is very young so it's possible to increase his Acceleration and Pace at least by 1point

It is the end of first season. I could buy TAA for around 100Mio.
So you think he will be best potential WBR after 2-3 seasons? (except newgens)
20200409122426_1.thumb.jpg.0c6937842dc0b6907529bf7a8cfc0cb3.jpg
So which type of player will be potential better?

Spoiler

Bentacur( CA/PA: 157/173  ) vs Luis( 152 / 172)

Or you recommend other player for DM? Maybe Top 10 List (best and potential best)

Edited by seeker99

19 minutes ago, seeker99 said:

It is the end of first season. I could buy TAA for around 100Mio.
So you think he will be best potential WBR after 2-3 seasons? (except newgens)

if we take the 1st season then TTA is 20 years old (159CA/178PA) and he'll be the best WBR in the game until his CA starts to decline and that might happen when he's about 30+ years old so at leas 10 seasons he'll be the best WBR in the game and as I said I would try to increase his Acceleration and Pace at leas 1 point and it should not be hard to do because he's very young.

19 minutes ago, seeker99 said:

20200409122426_1.thumb.jpg.0c6937842dc0b6907529bf7a8cfc0cb3.jpg
So which type of player will be potential better?

Bentancur is better and he'll be one the best players for the DM position until his CA starts to decline

3 hours ago, seeker99 said:

Hello @Totalfootballfan,

so going with Cerber v4 who would be better DM players like Bentancur or more type of Florentino Luis?

And which players are best for WBL and WBR, would TAA or Kimmich be good WBR or you recommend some faster player maybe like Odriziola?

Jayden Bogle? Not elite but fits the role (even better than Aarons) but PA only 140?

17 minutes ago, Nabby1987 said:

Jayden Bogle? Not elite but fits the role (even better than Aarons) but PA only 140?

Jayden Bogle's PA is random (in range 130-160) so in some save his PA might be as low as 130PA and in some save his PA might be as high as 160PA

He start with 120CA and that's Sky Bet Championship level and for teams that level he is a very good WBR

17 minutes ago, cretinousgoat said:

What premier league squad do you guys think is best set up, from the start, to fit into the V4 Cerber formation?

P.S Thanks for all these tactics @Totalfootballfan

Hi,

I've posted a lot of sim tests with different teams in EPL using Cerber V4 or Fighter V2 tactics so if you go back few pages back then you'll find them

Fantastic tactics created by TFF !!

I have been playing this game (FM20) with the latest patch for the last week and I have used the 'Cerber V4' tactic and the 'Annilhator V1' (both can be found in OP)

I have had tremendous success in my save so far.

Also 'shield wall' can be great if used correctly to close out a game.

Has anyone else noticed a rather large amount of last minute goals in this version?

Edited by Amnesia92

Games with Cerber and its close cousin Fighter have tended to follow one of a few patterns

1. Scoring bucketloads in quick time

2. Bossing the stats but game ends 1-0/0-0/0-1

3. Getting destroyed in quick time

If I lose a man it's a very difficult system to patch together as mahoosive space is conceded somewhere. Most commonly I'm conceding from just giving the ball away, a lump down the pitch or a screamer from 20-30 yards. 

4 minutes ago, jwccfc1987 said:

Games with Cerber and its close cousin Fighter have tended to follow one of a few patterns

1. Scoring bucketloads in quick time

2. Bossing the stats but game ends 1-0/0-0/0-1

3. Getting destroyed in quick time

If I lose a man it's a very difficult system to patch together as mahoosive space is conceded somewhere. Most commonly I'm conceding from just giving the ball away, a lump down the pitch or a screamer from 20-30 yards. 

This is my experience also.

Precisely why I'm here to search for tweaks.

10 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

Yes very narrow in posession

Going to give this a go, as I'm having mixed results with Cerber.

Thanks for highlighting the tactics success.

EDIT: Did you do any other tweaking when playing home/away or against certain opposition? 

Edited by Wiwyum