Clear cut chances.

Is there anything you can do to improve the conversion rate? At the moment, I'm missing far more than I'm finishing -- don't want to over exaggerate but it really is starting to feel like it could be a bug rather than poor finishing?

I'm 4 seasons in to my current save and it's been a constant issue as well as previous saves I've had since beginning.  I'm not talking about having a couple of CCC, i'm averaging like 7 or 8? Along with 25+ shots a game with my current save and averaging 1 or 2 goals a game.

Just lost a game on penalties on a cup with 42 shots, 19 on target and 8 CCC, drew 0-0.

I get this happens from time to time in real life but it seems to be happening to frequently in this game so is there anything I can do to improve this? My current striker has 17 finishing and 15 composure and plays in Scotland so I doubt it's a quality issue.

I regularly train chance conversion along with other attacking options, especially after a game like I've explained above.

Any suggestions to what I can do? Or is this even possibly a bug? I just don't understand how we're missing so many clear cut chances which in my understanding of the term is a chance where the player should be more likely to score than miss.

Edit - I've had 38 clear cut chances so far this season in 10 games played however only scored 17 goals in total in the same amount of games played. Obviously there is no way (I don't think) to tell how many of those 17 goals scored were clear cut chances but it does show that AT LEAST 21 of those clear cut chances have been missed and possibly more when you take in to consideration the goals scored which was not a CCC. Surely that's abnormally high?

Edited by Quadrophenia88

9 minutes ago, Quadrophenia88 said:

Is there anything you can do to improve the conversation rate? At the moment, I'm missing far more than I'm finishing -- don't want to over exaggerate but it really is starting to feel like it could be a bug rather than poor finishing?

I'm 4 seasons in to my current save and it's been a constant issue as well as previous saves I've had since beginning.  I'm not talking about having a couple of CCC, i'm averaging like 7 or 8? Along with 25+ shots a game with my current save and averaging 1 or 2 goals a game.

Just lost a game on penalties on a cup with 42 shots, 19 on target and 8 CCC, drew 0-0.

I get this happens from time to time in real life but it seems to be happening to frequently in this game so is there anything I can do to improve this? My current striker has 17 finishing and 15 composure and plays in Scotland so I doubt it's a quality issue.

I regularly train chance conversation along with other attacking options, especially after a game like I've explained above.

Any suggestions to what I can do? Or is this even possibly a bug? I just don't understand how we're missing so many clear cut chances which in my understanding of the term is a chance where the player should be more likely to score than miss.

I was just about to ask this!

The game seems to have got the percentages wrong. I am actually getting a little bored watching my striker, Piatek, missing simple 1 v 1s and then my midfielder, Kessie, scoring from 30 yards out!

One thing I have found that helps a little is managing the very fragile ego of my striker, Piatek. If he misses a chance he literally melts away and cannot seem to function any more. So he'll either score early on and then go on to hit a hat trick (or 4 goals like he did in one game) or he'll miss and the game's over.

To counter this I find re-assuring him constantly improves things - a little.

"Hey mate, you were so unlucky WHEN YOU MISSED A FREE HEADER FROM 2 YARDS OUT YOU IDIOT". 

Try and say the bit in lower case and keep the bit in caps in your head.  

2 hours ago, Maldini's Heir said:

I was just about to ask this!

The game seems to have got the percentages wrong. I am actually getting a little bored watching my striker, Piatek, missing simple 1 v 1s and then my midfielder, Kessie, scoring from 30 yards out!

One thing I have found that helps a little is managing the very fragile ego of my striker, Piatek. If he misses a chance he literally melts away and cannot seem to function any more. So he'll either score early on and then go on to hit a hat trick (or 4 goals like he did in one game) or he'll miss and the game's over.

To counter this I find re-assuring him constantly improves things - a little.

"Hey mate, you were so unlucky WHEN YOU MISSED A FREE HEADER FROM 2 YARDS OUT YOU IDIOT". 

Try and say the bit in lower case and keep the bit in caps in your head.  

Generally have no idea to fix it, if there is a fix?

I've considered changing my formation however how can poor finishing be down to the formation, especially from inside the box? If anything it's a positive that we're creating so many CCC from the formation I'm using. Also it's worth pointing out this is a issue I've experienced in the majority if not all of my saves using different formations since the Beta and Official game release.

Finishing in general just seems woeful.

Edited by Quadrophenia88