20.2 match engine. Is it me....?

On 13/12/2019 at 07:53, Prej said:

Just compare the crossing behaviour. Definitely not like in FM19, way less players trying the good ol' "let's see if I can cross through a defender".

I also find crossing to be vastly improved compared to FM19, where sometimes i didn´t even bother to finish watching the highlight when i knew my winger/overlapping full back was going to cross into the nearest defender anyway. Of course it still happens, but that´s football, and in happens IRL as well. In FM20 i see way more successful crosses or even some beautiful low passes back from the byline to onrushing midfielders just entering the penalty area :thup: .

On 13/12/2019 at 09:41, sovy666 said:

Now they score some 1vs1 but the crossing game is almost useless because the header often is over the bar even with little to no pressure from good position.

Keep in mind that with regard to pressure from defenders, the 3D representation might be misleading here. It might look as if there was no pressure when your striker went for a header, when indeed there was.

Edited by Jasonxx

Has anybody had any mad results since installing the new update?

I've played 14 games since installing, the last of which being a 13-0 win away from home!! :eek:

A bit of context to this... I'm playing as Bath City in the Vanarama South having started unemployed with a low rep and taking over there when they were bottom after 10 games. Before the 13-0, I'd not been in great form and coming off the back of 3 consecutive league games without scoring. Also the team I got the result against (Chelmsford) were a good 7 or 8 places above me in the league.

I went into the game with a cautious mentality but had switched to 3 centre forwards - I wouldn't normally go for 3 up front so thinking maybe I've stumbled across a huge exploit of the engine by doing this?! During the game I was getting key highlights literally every 5 match minutes and I don't recall any where Chelmsford were on the attack.. the final match stats showed I had 30 shots and 12 clear cut chances. I'm an experienced FM player but wouldn't by any means say I'm a tactical mastermind!! Not played any games after that so not sure if it's just a mad one off or something more serious with the match engine, but it's the biggest win I've had in my 20+ years in the series