Game speed

d d

I have been playing FM on a old laptop (about 5 years old), and it always says Game speed half a star.  Now when i play it the games says 5 star, and its playing really quick. 

How is it possible the game speed jump from half a star to 5?

Has that happened to anyone else?

Hi! 

I am using a Lenovo laptop

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM

Hard Disk: 250 GB SSD

Currently i play with only all English leagues set as playble,  te rest of the leagues (only the top ones) are on only view mode. I also added a custom large DB with all Europe's first leagues only (the ones that are not displayed as default), Japan, Algeria, Egypt, Cameroun, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Senegal...In total i have 21,100 DB size with 5 stars for game speed. If i try to add some other league...half stars is lost....so i am not sure how big my DB size could be to be able to play smoothly ? I set same DB of 21,100 size with both antivirus on and off (being the only major app that runs)....How could i set my DB to get more players and how many rating stars could represent the right game speed ?

Thank you!

Edited by bitzu_rock

imho.. the only "right" game speed, is what feels right for you.. set up the game, run it (in holiday mode if necessary) and see how it processes a few years down the line. The "right" game speed is governed by your patience to wait while the game loads, so find a set up you're comfortable working with and waiting for, and go from there.. it's more about patience than anything else

8 minutes ago, rinso said:

imho.. the only "right" game speed, is what feels right for you.. set up the game, run it (in holiday mode if necessary) and see how it processes a few years down the line. The "right" game speed is governed by your patience to wait while the game loads, so find a set up you're comfortable working with and waiting for, and go from there.. it's more about patience than anything else

Yes, but if 5 rating stars are only 21,100 db size....what d you think is an average db size to be play properly?

I pay no attention to the star ratings, they change often and are not always accurate. the best way is to set it up yourself, and work around what you are happy with.  ignore the stars and use what you think.. 

So i am a little confused...

If i select only English lowest league (Vanaraman north/south) as playable from the main menu...and go to custom DB and add from there a nation ...like Wales and i select all those options ...what is the difference if i do not selects Wales from the main menu (set as playable or view only) ?

8 minutes ago, bitzu_rock said:

So i am a little confused...

If i select only English lowest league (Vanaraman north/south) as playable from the main menu...and go to custom DB and add from there a nation ...like Wales and i select all those options ...what is the difference if i do not selects Wales from the main menu (set as playable or view only) ?

3Lc8vRh.png

Not 100% sure what you mean.. but if you mean the ones in the green box highlighted.. that's where you add leagues to the game.. so you add leagues to play as, or as view only to simulate...

The red box  is where you add players.. so that will just fill your game world with the real players from those countries etc you add..

Ok...so basically what i want to know is....if i will play with just one team in a specific league (ex: York from Vanarama North - 6th english tier)...and i ONLY select as playable the English leagues from the green box...why i should add other leagues as playable or view only? If i do not add any other league that means i cannot interact with a team from those leagues? Let's say i want o buy/loan a player from the other nations...can i see the player stats? can i send offers for him to his team?

And if i do not add any other league besides English ones...if i go to custom database (red box) and select an entire continent or nation...do i have access to those players during the game? I will be able to find them on transfer/load list or as a free transfer?

Edited by bitzu_rock

41 minutes ago, bitzu_rock said:

Ok...so basically what i want to know is....if i will play with just one team in a specific league (ex: York from Vanarama North - 6th english tier)...and i ONLY select as playable the English leagues from the green box...why i should add other leagues as playable or view only? If i do not add any other league that means i cannot interact with a team from those leagues? Let's say i want o buy/loan a player from the other nations...can i see the player stats? can i send offers for him to his team?

And if i do not add any other league besides English ones...if i go to custom database (red box) and select an entire continent or nation...do i have access to those players during the game? I will be able to find them on transfer/load list or as a free transfer?

Essentially,  you add other leagues to fully simulate them, which will mean they have full fixtures, fully active AI, and will generally be more active, which in practice means you get a more active gameworld with AI making deals, transfers, playing games etc..   

I'll link this here, which is old, but explains quite well :