Pre-Contract Players Jan 2020

Hey Guys,

I've been eagerly waiting on my Manchester United save to reach the Jan transfer window so I can sign Eriksen and Cavani on a free.

January has come but there is no option to sign BPL players like Eriksen, Silva, Fernandinho etc on a pre-contract.

Does anyone know why?

12 minutes ago, rinso said:

If you're in the same league (Premier League) then you cannot approach until 30 days before their contract expires. Can still approach players from outside the PL as normal...

What @rinso said - the 6 month pre-contract rules, in the UK, only apply to players who aren't already playing in England.

Brilliant thanks!

also, when trying to sign cavani it only lets me offer £300k a week but his demands are way over. How can I adjust it so the board allows me to meet his £375k demands?

I have already adjusted the wage budget but still doesn't allow me to meet the demands

32 minutes ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

What @rinso said - the 6 month pre-contract rules, in the UK, only apply to players who aren't already playing in England.

thanks. Once I make the contract offer within the 30days of expiry, will it deduct the wage budget from the current season or next season so I can plan in my current Jan window

If that's all they will allow, you probably cannot adjust it to meet demands. It can be governed by lots of different things, his wage in comparison to others, estimated finances etc.  If you have already adjusted it to the max, then I don't think you will get them to up it any more. Can you request it in boardroom?  

I believe the wage budget will be calculated from when he joins you, as it will adjust to compensate for players out on loan etc.. 

edit to add : @BillyM19    how long have you been playing the game? 

Edited by rinso