[Suggestion]Make contract (extension) negotiation periods more realistic

^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated

IRL contract (extension) negotiations takes weeks or even months! Certainly for top-players.

Business agents and club management have full agenda's. Contractoffers going back and forward between club and playermanagement. Business agents will say that there are clubs willing to pay more and so on.

In FM you can offer a contract and receive news the next day that it's agreed. That's just not realistic.

Please make contact-negotiations more realistic in terms of time.

Edited by ^1Not^22^3B^4Reanimated

Please don't. They can last month in the game too if you don't meet the demands, backtrack, comeback with another offer one month later, etc.

For example, sometimes I have to wait to make him feel wanted, by asking my players to tell him to move here, sending my head scout in multiple scouting sessions, starting with an offer then a couple of weeks later coming with another one, getting the title or qualifying for CL so the player has another reason to join, in some situations even long term goals like having to raise my reputation to get some players.

It works fine as it is now. Also, "offer a contract and receive news the next day that it's agreed".  It doesn't always work like that, sometimes your transfer bid is put on hold because the club thinks can get a better offer, or the player doesn't reply for weeks because he has offers from other big clubs too.

Edited by godzilu

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/12/2019 at 13:10, godzilu said:

Please don't. They can last month in the game too if you don't meet the demands, backtrack, comeback with another offer one month later, etc.

For example, sometimes I have to wait to make him feel wanted, by asking my players to tell him to move here, sending my head scout in multiple scouting sessions, starting with an offer then a couple of weeks later coming with another one, getting the title or qualifying for CL so the player has another reason to join, in some situations even long term goals like having to raise my reputation to get some players.

It works fine as it is now. Also, "offer a contract and receive news the next day that it's agreed".  It doesn't always work like that, sometimes your transfer bid is put on hold because the club thinks can get a better offer, or the player doesn't reply for weeks because he has offers from other big clubs too.

You're talking about transferbids mostly. I am talking about contract extension negotiations with (top)players. Sometimes it takes weeks before there's an final agreement. In the meanwhile contractoffers going back and forward. Even without this, long periods go over it as player agents have no rush, sit back and flaunt with clubs that are (supposed to be) willing to pay a much better salary  to put the club against the wall and get the best deal possible.  This could be made or little bit more realistic in FM.

Contract renewals can take weeks in the current setup too if you don't meet the demands. It's like real life, I offer you something, you say no, you have to do better. If you don't improve the offer, the contract renewal is not signed. IF YOU decide to meet the requests asap, that it's not the engine's fault, it's your choice. 

• 1 year later...