Player on loan with no work permit, any way to fix?

I am playing in Norway where there are pretty loose work permit rules, meaning most every player I have ever applied for get a permit.

In my second season I sign Dylan Levitt on loan from Man Utd. He is absolutely fantastic, and end up the fans player of the year. He gets caps for Wales and is my most important player. His player value is 10,25 million, my second most worth player is wort 750k. No surprise then I am pretty happy when both Levitt and Man Utd agree to a one year extention of his loan deal.

Then Brexit comes along and suddenly Wales and the UK is no longer part of EU, meaning he needs a work permit. Here is the problem, I can't find any way to apply for a work permit for a loan player. I am now stuck with a player who I pay the highest wages for per week who I can't send back and I cannot use. Is there any way to solve this issue? I assume a save game editor will work (right?), but I would really prefer to avoid that option even if it is to fix what seems like an oversight. I hope there would be somewhere to apply for a work permit, but I can't find it anywhere.
I do have a different English player who is far behind him in quality and not a national team player who had no problem getting a work permit, so I assume it is because he was signed before the Brexit deal struck, and he isn't really my player.