Man oriented Zonal Marking

42 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Manorientated Zonal Marking? Never heard of such a thing.

Are you talking about a man marking scheme that Gasperini plays?

As I know off its used currently by mourinho he used at every team he has managed I will link you Two videos that explain it if you are intrigued. One explains it briefly the general term and one its the mourinho scheme 

11 minutes ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Well...zonal marking is the default marking in this game. I think the Tighter Marking TI might do for this scheme

Thaks for your input it defenetly adds that but it's not tight enough and the players still shift too much maybe if I add that ti and pi to all player might do the trick I don't know I'll wait for more awsers 

13 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Manorientated Zonal Marking? Never heard of such a thing

It is when players mark/cover their respective areas (zones) of responsibility (as in the pure zonal marking), but once an opposition player enters that zone - the defending team player starts marking him in the man-marking fashion (so long as the player remains in that zone). Essentially a combination of zonal marking (as the primary approach) and man marking (as an auxiliary tactical tool). 

1 hour ago, Experienced Defender said:

It is when players mark/cover their respective areas (zones) of responsibility (as in the pure zonal marking), but once an opposition player enters that zone - the defending team player starts marking him in the man-marking fashion (so long as the player remains in that zone). Essentially a combination of zonal marking (as the primary approach) and man marking (as an auxiliary tactical tool). 

On point explanation 👍 do you have ideias how to implement it in football manager? 

56 minutes ago, Strikerir said:

On point explanation 👍 do you have ideias how to implement it in football manager? 

By using the Tight marking TI, as @Jean0987654321 said: 

14 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

zonal marking is the default marking in this game. I think the Tighter Marking TI might do for this scheme

But for this type of defending to work properly, you need to make sure you are compact in defense (vertical compactness) in the first place. However, tight marking can be risky - and I would generally recommend against it - when;

- you play with a high D-line

- your formation is top-heavy

- opposition players are considerably faster and/or technically superior than yours

- you play a more attack-minded style of football

To cut the long story short, the TM instruction (i.e. man-oriented ZM) makes more sense for tactical styles that are primarily focused on tight, disciplined and well-organized defense (the same is true for harder tackling and/or more pressing urgency) than those that primarily look to control and dominate the game.