Man City Robinho

I am playing 4-3-3 with 2 wingers,I usually put Robinho on the left wing or striker,he is struggling and my team are struggling as well.

He got like 2 goals in 8 appearances and no assists,my team is above the relegation area after 10 games.

I play with direct passing,quick tempo and counter attack.

Any idea what instruction should I give to Robinho ?Should I put him free role or playmaker?etc...

I am playing 4-3-3 with 2 wingers,I usually put Robinho on the left wing or striker,he is struggling and my team are struggling as well.

He got like 2 goals in 8 appearances and no assists,my team is above the relegation area after 10 games.

I play with direct passing,quick tempo and counter attack.

Any idea what instruction should I give to Robinho ?Should I put him free role or playmaker?etc...

i found City pretty easy as you can buy a lot of quality, i use a 442 with a playmaker - but Robinho is cack, and doesnt get a game. Id like to sell him but no one will touch his £160k a week wages. His value is down to 9mill now

..............................benjani/jo

...............robinho..........elano.............SWP

..........................palombo johnson

...............Marcelo Dunne Richards Zabaleta

.............................. Schmeichel

this is pretty much my attacking lineup. 4th in the league 13 games in.

I set my wingers and my fullbacks with an arrow going up. I set elano free role not robinho. I dont like putting robinho up front because he is too weak with the head. Dont forget, Robinho hates direct fast games so id suggest tweeking his personal tactics to bring out th best in him. Play him attacking minded, with little closing down, short passing, run with the ball.

i'm also struggling to get Robinho to score i play him on the left hand side and im trying to get him to play more narrow but its just not happening. got team width to as narrow as it can go but he still hugs the byline, really annoying though with the barrows, farrows etc gone :( really hard to get 443 to be effective without it.

In my first season I played this:

----------Huntelaar----Robinho-----

Vuckcevic---Fernandes---Johnson/Elano---SWP

Marcelo-----Dunne------Richards-----Srna

-----------------Fiorillo--------------------

Robinho was okay whne i instructed him to play as an AM but played him up front. Hunteelar banged them in while Robinho often set him up.

I finished 5th (2pts behind L'pool) an won the FA cup.

I was a victim of this success as all my players were wanted by big clubs at then end of the season. So everyone was practically sold and I managed to offload Robinho to Villa for 20mil.

Now my second season team is...

-------------Santa Cruz-----Aguero----------

--Guradado----Veloso-----Diarra------Ben Arfa

--Vargas------Curtis Davies--Barzagali--Richards

------------------Frey-----------------------

I am 3rd in the league after 7 games, and reckon I can get top 4. Hopefully get close to winning the Uefa cup (first season i drew Barca after the group phase and lost 6-4 on agg).

cheers for the replies,so it seems robinho sucks for all of us,anyways if I play 4-4-2 what passing and tempo should i set and whether I should tick counter attack etc. any useful team instructions...

try my Man City 4-4-2 playmaker tactic, i was all conquering with city after a couple of seasons

Archived