[Suggestion] Assigning scouts as "Primary Scout for Nation(s)"

autohoratio

This is a feature that would automate how I've been requesting assignments from my scouts for the past few FM editions. I make a list in a notepad file (and create a Note tag on the scout's profile) of each nation I want a particular scout to be scouting in (typically 3-5 per scout, with the exception of one scout dedicated to the nation I'm playing in) and carefully ensure that when I request a scouting report, I assign the correct scout to the report (e.g. player based in Germany -> Request report from Scout X).

The way I assign the nations is assigning nearby ones to a certain scout (e.g. Netherlands, Belgium, France to the same scout), this is to optimise the travelling distances between countries for my scouts, so I don't have them in the USA one week, over in Ukraine 3 days later and Brazil 3 days after that. I

I'd really like if we were able to assign nations to a particular "Primary Scout" in the game, so that if we chose the default option of getting a scout report (which I think either randomises assignments or selects the scout with the fewest active assignments), it would instead be assigned to the Primary Scout for the nation that player/team is based in. For example, assigning Ukraine, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey to Scout X would mean "request report from scouting team" for Viktor Kovalenko (Shakhtar in Ukraine) or team report for Galatasaray (Turkey) would be automatically assigned to him.

Hopefully I've explained this clearly, it was a lot simpler picturing in my head :D

Edited by autohoratio

• 9 months later...