Match Engine & Match Stats

Hi,

Just a quick one.

Just curious to know if anyone is actually watching the Match Engine and constantly dominating games, like absolutely controlling the game from start to finish, having 20+ shots on target to their 2 and still only scrape by winning games 1-0, 2-1 or even drawing? Goalkeepers on the opposing side seem to be genuine gods every game, no matter how bad they are or what team you're playing.

FM 19's Match Engine was very spot on, something weird is going on with FM 20's.

Before anyone says "Team's dominate games in real life and lose" - Yes I know that, I'm not opposing that, what I want to understand is dominating every game yet only just scraping by as goalkeepers seem to make 20+ saves a game yet still only get a rating of 6.7.

FM20 has introduced SOT from the 1vs1ish situations that are too plentiful. But in General, this is what I tend to find almost every time I look at such Matches -- AI included. Yes, those SOT are too easy to come by, but a side that has the majority of its stuff from the set piece cannot have been in Control from start to finish in my book. You've posted a match that had 21 Corners, which is a vital clue. Needless to say, I've never worried About conceding a ton of shots on this series myself, and never will.

Having tons of shots isn't dominating in itself, neither is having more shots come the final whistle blown any kind of professional match Management. And until the game finally manages to communicate this, this "debate" will continue forever, and far beyond FM 20. https://www.theringer.com/soccer/2018/6/27/17511596/2018-world-cup-germany-south-korea-mexico-sweden-elimination

Edited by Svenc