Arsenal 4-3-3 / How to Get Best out of Pepe&Auba

Hey Everyone,

I need your comments & suggestions, how to get best our of Pepe & Auba in my Arsenal save.

Actually it's my second save with Arsenal. I stopped continueing first one at the start of first season(finished 4th in EPL, won FA, Carabao and UEL, Super Cup and lost Community shield,) and decided to start new, fresh save.

The game date is early DEC in first season right now and i started the save with no first window transfers. 

My first aim is to sticking with this tactical shape and choose the best roles those positions. 

I found that using F9 is giving me lots of space for the final third movements but i'm not sure i'm getting enough scoring contribution from the wingers and central midfielders.

Please share your comments, how can i get best out of that front three? How can i improve my scoring?

image.thumb.png.c89e4984b7a7e677039928b5ab86a6a6.png

image.png.80bb76de5d58ac639e0c5b8a06c3ee85.png

I do have an Arsenal save amongst others, and i find the best combination for Lacazette and Aubameyang on my game has been:

Aubameyang as a poacher (a), but then i have a PI on him to mark the defensive midfield position.

Lacazette i use on the left as an inside forward (a). I have a PI to close down more, and i also have him set to "sit narrower"

For me, after a slow start this has produced lovely football.

Overall formation is a 4-1-4-1 DM formation

Haven't played the save since the update, but I was having a lot of success with Lacazette as a DLF (s), Auba as a IF (a) on the left and Pepe as a IW (s) on the right.

I detailed the tactic in more depth here:

6 hours ago, kenny3 said:

image.thumb.png.c89e4984b7a7e677039928b5ab86a6a6.png

I need your comments & suggestions, how to get best our of Pepe & Auba in my Arsenal save

Please share your comments, how can i get best out of that front three? How can i improve my scoring?

First off, I like the setup of the front 3 - Auby as RMD in AML, Laca as F9 (can be a DLF on support as well) and Pepe as IWsu in AMR. That absolutely makes sense, so I would not change that part of your tactic :thup:

What I would change is:

1. AP on attack into AP on support (or RPM or MEZ on support)

RMD as a role needs both space to attack (which is made by the F9) and proper support (in the form of a playmaker or another creative role behind him). But that playmaker (or non-PM creator) should be on support duty, primarily for defensive reasons, but also because his passes need to be more measured and patient (well-timed).

2. replace the DLP with another holding role - CM on defend duty

Simply, there is no need for 2 PMs next to each other. There are special cases when such a combo can make some sense, but more often than not is an overkill. 

3. Change the right CM from BBM into a role that provides defensive cover for the attacking RB (Bellerin), but can at the same time offer good support in later stages of attack - carrilero 

4. Consider changing Bellerin's role from WB on support into FB on attack

That would create a natural overlap between him and Pepe as the IW and also encourage more crosses from that flank. In that case - remove the Overlap right instruction (no need to increase defensive risk when there already is the natural overlap). 

One more thing you may want to consider (or give a try) is - the LB (Tierney) as IWB on support duty (or IWB on defend, but with the Overlap left team instruction). 

So this is how the new setup would look:

F9/DLFsu

RMD                                         IWsu

AP/RPM/MEZsu  CMde  CAR

IWBsu/de   CD/BPD  CD    FBat

SKsu

In terms of instructions:

1. Positive mentality is an optimal choice for top teams, so I would stick to it :thup:

2. Change the tempo from lower to standard (default)

Because with shorter passing and playing out of defence, your attacking build-ups will already be patient enough. By lowering the tempo, you are only helping the opposition to reorganize their defense by giving them too much time to consolidate.

3. Don't use the counter-press all the time

It's always a potentially risky instruction, so be careful - especially against other good sides.

So these above would be primary (starting) team instructions.

Additional ones you can occasionally try are: be more expressive and work ball into box. You can use them either separately or together (as they tend to offset each other to some degree). Sometimes using one only will be enough, and sometimes both. You need to watch and estimate whether to apply one or the other or both at the same time, depending on the situation.

Hope you'll find this advice useful :thup: