Allow us to become assistant coaches/u23 manager (club)/u19 manager (club) and improve training

dave12345

It would be great if we could be assistant coaches or coach in the academy (u23 & u19) or reserves/B teams. It will give us a ladder to climb not only in league but in the career too.

A lot of people who play FM are fans who want to be in charge of the clubs, football fanatics that want to live the life of a manager but also actual football professionals who would like to simulate their career on there.

It would make things more realistic for the people who want to climb the ladder from unemployed to World Cup winner taking small steps.

The assistant/youth/reserve coach could be as an start option or even as an option for promotion or someone who gets fired to get back in the game. For example I could start a save with a English league 1 team as their manager and do well and maybe a job as the u23 at Manchester United opens up. Would be a great opportunity to move up. 

Same goes with if I start as an assistant coach at Liverpool and a manager position opens up with a lower league team. Could be also a good move. Gives players more option instead of having to wait for managers jobs to open up.

I think the biggest question with that would be what would be the role/task of a assistant coach or reserve coach in the game. I think they can make the game more realistic based on managers personality. Someone like Mourinho who's more of a man manager might let the assistant be in charge of practices. Where someone like guardiola might be a manager that controls it all.

To give more employment opportunities managers that are on the chopping board could be given a chance by the board to hire a new assistant to help change things around. So board who might want youth players to come through the system might invest in a good u19/u23 coach. So different situations.

The one thing that may need to be improve to make this possible or even without it. Is the training menu. Instead of just letting us pick what session and when. Let us design the practices. Doesn't have to be full of detail. Maybe just the topic like they currently have (attacking, defending, possession, set piece and etc) and the like 4 exercises maybe a warm up, drill 1, drill 2 and etc. Then give a bank of drills to choose from for each part. So like a drop menu of option for drill 1 based on possession sessions (5v5, 6v4 and etc). So managers can be more specific to their training but also assistant could be in charge of planning sessions. the more specific sessions like fitness, gk training, attacking and etc could be ran by different coaches. If a manager doesn't want to do it they can give the responsibility to the coaches if the want to do it them self then the can have the responsibility.

could open the door for players to coach different areas like gk and fitness too.

the one thing that would need to be done or improve for this to be successful and accurate would be post game reports and pre game scouting reports so coaches can focus training based of those and what to work on. I think training analysis and report for full training and individual performance could be better too. 

I think planning pre-season camp and training all at once would be easier. just plan it all and then maybe option given each week or after each game (friendlies) to change the training sessions based on those performances or how things is going. the in season training could be planned weekly and then option to change/edit after each game. it would depend on how performances are going and who they might play next. a team could have an easier opponent early in the week and tougher opponent later on.

lastly I think the game has been improving greatly in the area of sports science and analysis but it could be better. instead of just hiring data analysis and sports scientist we should be able to invest in equipment for them .... GPS, Heart rate monitor and etc. Also should give data analysis after every training. Maybe add other support staff such as nutritionist and personal trainer or psychologist too.

• 9 months later...