What do you suggest?

Hello,

I am having hard time setting up an optimized save for my journeyman career. What would you recommend in terms number of loaded leagues in full detail?

PC details:

image.png.4ab1d3f89b6f9164bd9a1a1af5ca9302.png

I would love to load as many as possible but I fear that the save might lag after 10 years or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How long is a piece of string?

It's impossible to tell someone what they find as acceptable in terms of speed in fm.... only you can do that... 

As a rule of thumb, go with what is recommended by the game and add 50% more on top in leagues/players and you won't go wrong ....

1 hour ago, Welshace said:

How long is a piece of string?

It's impossible to tell someone what they find as acceptable in terms of speed in fm.... only you can do that... 

As a rule of thumb, go with what is recommended by the game and add 50% more on top in leagues/players and you won't go wrong ....

Thank you for your input. Is there an official recommendation from SI on this topic? For example what is more important in terms of PC performance: cpu or ram? intel or amd? etc.

I have read many comments and it differs a lot from person to person.

38 minutes ago, sindjilic said:

Thank you for your input. Is there an official recommendation from SI on this topic? For example what is more important in terms of PC performance: cpu or ram? intel or amd? etc.

I have read many comments and it differs a lot from person to person.

Other people are catagorically wrong unless they tell you that cpu is king... anything else is 100% incorrect...   

Ram wise, 8gb+ is fine but 16gb is optimum right now without too much multitasking while playing.

intel or amd is an age old discussion and is always up for debate depending on what you are looking for, it's like asking what's the best tool in the tool box ( it depends on the job).

So I would be ok with my 32gb of RAM. One thing in particular that confuses me in the game is the rating of PC performance vs game speed. The difference is drastic. I started a save with 17 countries and 23 leagues and I get 2 stars for game speed but 4 for PC performance. Would you know what would be the difference between those two ratings?

1 minute ago, sindjilic said:

Thanks for your input. So if I understand correctly, the star rating is inaccurate. Would this be applicable to the game speed or PC performance indicator as well? Thanks.

both! 

The best indicator of game performance is your own patience..  everyone has their own lever of what they will wait and what time they will give to processing times. Ultimately, you are the judge.  Set up what you feel like, and test it yourself.