Some explanations about FM

Hello everyone, worldwide managers and soccer lovers,

this is a message for all of you. Especially those who can help me to understand some of the basic of FM. I said FM and not FM20 because I experienced some issues I can’t get over since two or three last versions of our favorite game.

Let’s start by saying that I like to start my managing as unemployed trainer.

I usually choose nine or ten championships throughout Europe, from Portugal to Romania, including Scotland, Turkey and the four most important leagues of the Old Continent.

I alternatively start from second division or from a low first division team, depending on the availability. Last year I trained the Poli Iasi, this year I was chosen by the Maritimo in Portugal.

I understand that teams that choose me are not Liverpool or Barcelona, so I cannot pretend to see my players playing as Salah or Messi. 

Anyway, WHY THE HELL I always have my forwards lazy? Why do my strikers don’t strike? Why they make absurd errors in 1vs1? 

I am going to explain me better.

Starting with Maritimo I made a great pre-season. My first opponent, in the friendlies, was Maritimo B. Then, the level of the opponent grew up to the sixth and last friendly match, against Almeria. My players did well in all the matches and they arrived to the first match of Liga de Portugal with six victories on six matches.

Things changed, as always, in the season.

Forwards started to play lazy. Their valutation is always around 6,5, they don’t strike anymore and if you ask them to play better, they answer me that they are playing very good and I should wear glasses. Talkin with them seems useless, they offend themselves and ask me to be sold. Plus, if I give them a fine, they start a revolt and I am soon forced to resign because team always lose. 

In the season, I played the following matches: Sporting-Maritimo 2-0, Maritimo-Guimaraes 1-1, Braga-Maritimo 1-2, Maritimo-Boavista 1-1 (they always lost 4-0, the only point they made was against me), Porto-Maritimo 3-0, Tondela-Maritimo 0-1. 

In the cup I faced the Feirense and I lost 1-2...even if they are in the Second Division they looked impressive. Seemed to me as if I was playing against a higher division team, as if I was in second division and they were a top team. We made 35 strikes against 10 but they gained and my Jhon Cley made two absurd mistakes in the 1vs1.

I honestly have to tell that my sensation is that FM decides that I have to lose. As if there is a sort of Momentum in the game. I say this because my players knew they were playing badly. They positively reacted to my criticism during interval but they decided someway to lose.

Could somebody explain me what should I look to correct this situation? How to avoid lazy strikers and easy errors? I experienced the same in FM19.

Some examples? Last year I bought Jerry Mbakogu with Poli Iasi and he made 12 matches without striking a goal. After a bad season, I changed him with a five stars forward and he always took valutations of 6,2 - 6,3, before striking a goal after 10 matches.

I think I should adjust this before speaking of tactics.

Anybody can help? It would be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by Abishuaf

It sounds like more than anything, you need tactical help/advice. 

Create a thread here: https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/

When you do, detail your ENTIRE tactic and why you've chosen what you have (basically, outline your vision) and what your specific issues are. Users can then try to advise you on what they see as possible issues.