Club Takeover FINALLY Happened. And the New Owner is Going to Fire Me?

I know the constant "Consortium Takeover" messages are an issue, as it has been since I've been at Man U for almost 2 1/2 years. But this time it actually happened. The rumor is that the new owner will/might want to replace me because, well because that's what he does.

Takeover.thumb.png.a8853ad6dec110634a65ea2c6b2205ac.pngMessage_Takeover.thumb.png.dcadd6bb3ab79e44bbd8d18405ead115.png

I'm wondering if in this situation the AI Owner pays attention to what the current coach has accomplished. I've won two CL, an EPL title,  an FA Cup, & League Cup. 

I kinda like the "realism" of takeovers and replacing of coaches by owners to put "their own man" in charge, but what if it ain't broke? It's not like we're doing poorly at the moment:

Current_2024.thumb.png.3b1d5da89f3c2c3a882469124663e205.png

Has anyone been fired in FM 20 after a club takeover, regardless of performance?? I'm playing Touch but there's more traffic here and this Consortium takeover rumors happen in the full version so I assume it's the same issue.

If I get fired. could it be a bug? Or simply Man U exchanging one totally clueless Chairman for another? 

Thanks

just keep going as ya normally would, don't try n overthink match selections or owt, guaranteed I am no expert or officially commenting, but I'd expect ya to be ok

edit to add, was victim of possibly one of the worst post take over sackings ever on fm lol 

Edited by rinso

I've been fired before, a few versions ago, under similar circumstances. I'm not sure if it is the case now but it seemed there was a chance (however small) that incoming new owners would be determined to install a new manager regardless of what you had accomplished if it was a condition of their takeover.

4 minutes ago, Heywood JaBlowme said:

Funny thing is with the owner’s “links to Italy” and his desire to hire Mancini. I’m coaching as an Italian. 

just media rubbish... don't take too much notice of it

I thought it was a bug at first so I asked in the Touch forum but I guess it isn't. The chairman is now showing who's boss.

The club has now spent crazy stupid money on two players I have no need for. After I just spent over a quarter of a billion to bring in Mbappe!

Crazy_Crazy.thumb.png.917f4e8deee44b555edcda04bdade1ce.png

Transfers_750.thumb.png.ef518d66cdbffec8ffe51f584f6c9c20.png

Edited by Heywood JaBlowme