Striker on throw ins

Why is it always the striker that comes short on throw ins? I have put my striker in all thinkable positions, yet he comes short when my team has a throw in on the opositions half. I can't see the logic, anyone know why? All I know is; I don't want him there.

I have this exact same issue, I play with Villa and no matter what I do I end up with Wesley on the right/left wing when we have an attacking throw-in. He invariably plays it back to the full-back and then I have nobody in the box to aim for because Wesley is stuck out wide. I've tried setting him to all in-box roles in the set piece editor and bringing 2 other players to come short, but nothing works.

3 hours ago, moirdr said:

I have this exact same issue, I play with Villa and no matter what I do I end up with Wesley on the right/left wing when we have an attacking throw-in. He invariably plays it back to the full-back and then I have nobody in the box to aim for because Wesley is stuck out wide. I've tried setting him to all in-box roles in the set piece editor and bringing 2 other players to come short, but nothing works.

You need to put long throws that set piece positions work. Otherwise throws use teams formation in throws.  Dont know why its like this but thats the way it is.

On 30/12/2019 at 20:33, Pasonen said:

You need to put long throws that set piece positions work. Otherwise throws use teams formation in throws.  Dont know why its like this but thats the way it is.

So ypu are saying the striker is coming short unless I choose long throws? Seems odd.

7 minutes ago, Tryllefot said:

So ypu are saying the striker is coming short unless I choose long throws? Seems odd.

Yes at least if you got 2 or more strikers. If i got tall player on the left side and smaller on the right i know theres no point using mixed throws on the left side because tall st comes short and small is in goal area. 

2 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Yes at least if you got 2 or more strikers. If i got tall player on the left side and smaller on the right i know theres no point using mixed throws on the left side because tall st comes short and small is in goal area. 

Ok, I play with one striker, and even if I tell him to lurk on the far post he comes short. I find that annoying at best.

Ok thats not good. Winger/IF attack role is dangerous in throws because they tend to be open on far post area too. Its just stupid to put other winger sending crosses allways to far post because of throw-ins. :D then they allways try far post cross. :/