Discussion:

Bellerin39

I find it very unrealistic that my player, Joachim Andersen from Lyon, comes and asks for a new contract. He still has 3 more years left on his current contract, so when i say that he will get a new one in the summer he insists that he wants it now. First of all i dont think players do that in real life. Especially when he gets all the minutes and his contract is for a starplayer. Both moneywise and status. And when i tell him that he wont be given a new one, he threatens to tell it to the press and his teammates. 

I can't understand why this is happening, because i dont believe it happens in real life. Maybe sometimes but i have tried it MANY times in the last couple of years. 

Please change this. 

Yes this happens far too often. My most recent example was a 20 year old with 4 years left on his contract demanding a new one because he has played more games than he expected (he signed as a fringe player second season) . In FM19 you could usually tell them "there is plenty of time left on your contract so there wont be talk of a new one..." but this does not work anymore. He is now unhappy and complaining to his team-mates. If you try to offer a contract now it says the player is extremely interested in negotiating terms but of course his agent says my client won't talk to you...

• FrazT locked this topic

This forum is for logging of new features for future versions of the game and is not for discussing issues with the current game.  If you feel that this issue is not working as intended, then please raise it in the relevant Bugs forum with examples and it will be looked at.