Cult Heroes...Tonton Zola

From the beginning of the FM story there has been a rich history of Cult Heroes within the game...

For me some of my favourites are 

Mark Kerr(Falkirk)

Tonton Zola Moukoko(Derby)

Kennedy Bakircioglu(Hammerby)

Julies Agahowa(Shakter Donetsk)

Anthony Vanden Borre(Anderlecht)

Over the last few years i have played lower league saves & edited LOI database too...

So have missed out on the newer crop of FM Cult Heroes...Or are these Cult Heroes not as commom within the game Database anymore?

2 hours ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

From the beginning of the FM story there has been a rich history of Cult Heroes within the game...

Mark Kerr(Falkirk)

Over the last few years i have played lower league saves & edited LOI database too...

So have missed out on the newer crop of FM Cult Heroes...Or are these Cult Heroes not as commom within the game Database anymore?

The reason these were heroes in the game was, sadly, because they were massively overrated on the database and had unrealistic stats...

The databases of more modern fm's are much more balanced and settles, meaning unrealistic players who are OP are much less common, almost to extinction

Though obviously there are still those players that a lot of people tend to go for in a lot of saves quite often..

2 hours ago, A_Sober_Paddy said:

Mark Kerr(Falkirk)

Looking at that list, there are none that I havent bought in one version or the other- also figuring are:

The legendary Orri Freyr Oskarsson ( sp?) scoring 80 goals a season using Diablo
To Madeira
Kim Karllsson
I also remember signing Christaino Ronaldo as a 16 year old wonderkid and wondering if he would make it in football!

4 hours ago, jimmywils said:

Don't think they were real players but.... Mark Collis and Farerah Orosco (sp?). Paul Warhurst.

All from Champ Man 93 I think

Warhurst certainly was real, and a real life cult figure too after his exploits up front for Wednesday.

15 hours ago, CityAndColour said:

Freddy Guarin and his long shots, circa FM06.

Guarin was quality and dirt cheap, perfect makelele replacement.

I can remember Daniel braaten (spelling), a Norwegian legend who I believe played for sogndal or start, can't remember now I must have been 10 or 11 years old.

Sognis,sonis, something - Greek midfielder who I think played for panathinaikos, was really good.

Also last but not least the greatest striker of all time - Carlos fierro.

vor 47 Minuten schrieb ajt:

I can remember Daniel braaten (spelling), a Norwegian legend who I believe played for sogndal or start, can't remember now I must have been 10 or 11 years old.

Braaten is now 37 and still playing. (FC Kopenhagen) His real career was not that great as his performances in CM/FM but one of the better of the virtual legends.

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Braaten is now 37 and still playing. (FC Kopenhagen) His real career was not that great as his performances in CM/FM but one of the better of the virtual legends.

Oh that's excellent. I can remember back in the day going through the wonder player lists. Think these forums must have been on a different software at the time. Also remember trying to get network games going using MSN messenger and icq and getting maybe 3 matches done :lol:

Not a player, but anyone else recognize the club RUOR from Belarus? If I remember correctly they had perfect youth facilities set in the database and if you loaded belarusian players you could pick up a few good regens from there.