Some FM17 related queries and/or oddities

I appreciate this is a little bit retro themed but for the time being, FM20 is on hiatus and I am back to my long running FM17 save. Anyway, a couple of things cropped up and I am hoping there is a solution for. Firstly, I am managing Shrewsbury and am in the Premier League but still in their old stadium. Obviously, most of the established Premier League teams have the fancy grass/synthetic pitches but Shrews do not. Is there a specific board request I can use to get them to 'upgrade' the pitch? Or do I need a new stadium to get built for that? Can I use the ingame editor to fudge it and change the pitch?

Secondly, I have a young defender that my DoF negotiated the deal for. He foolishly inserted a buy-back clause into the deal. This shows up in the screen that tells you which clauses can be bought out, although the 'buy out clause' is greyed out (presumably because I am not the person who can buy the clause out I guess) but I was under the impression these clauses were supposed to expire after a couple of years? The player in question has been with us for 6 years now and it is still there. Again, is this expected and can I use the ingame editor to get rid of it? I haven't seen any way to do so.

Upgrading the stadium and pitch can be requested via the interaction with the board, but will depend on the club finances and time since the last upgrade to be successful.  Dont specifically know about buy back clauses, but most contract conditions can be edited.

1 minute ago, FrazT said:

Upgrading the stadium and pitch can be requested via the interaction with the board, but will depend on the club finances and time since the last upgrade to be successful.  Dont specifically know about buy back clauses, but most contract conditions can be edited.

I know you can request the board relay the pitch but that does you give the option to stipulate to upgrade it from grass to synthetic/grass mix?