Coaching attributes. Fixed or not?

Probably should have posted in the training forum but it's not directly training related. 

Obviously, you can improve a players attributes through training and mentoring, but, is it possible to improve a coaches attributes?

Is that the whole process of sending a coach on a coaching course? 

Final question on this subject, how can you gauge how good a coach is? Obviously you can't scout a coach but there has to be a way of finding out their potential. Right? 

44 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Coach attributes , particularly the mental ones can and do improve but perhaps not as quickly as you would see with the players.  Ref potential- the only way really is with an editor.

Do they increase naturally over time or does sending a coach on the coaching course help increase the attributes? 

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Do they increase naturally over time or does sending a coach on the coaching course help increase the attributes? 

I'm not entirely sure they do tbh. I have appointed a DoF in the past with ~50 CA but 200 PA but he had no appreciable increase in ability over several years.

12 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

They may increase slowly over time, but the coaching course will undoubtedly help in speeding up the process.

11 minutes ago, sorrenmills said:

I'm not entirely sure they do tbh. I have appointed a DoF in the past with ~50 CA but 200 PA but he had no appreciable increase in ability over several years.

I am not sure that the DoF attributes are changed as they are not directly affected by courses.  TBH, I haven't really studied the DoF attributes as I rarely have any use for them.