Jumping In To Real-Life, Ongoing Seasons

JonH93

For the longest time I have longed for the ability to “jump in” to a real-life scenario that is playing out during a season - I.e to take over Everton after Silva was sacked with them toiling in the relegation zone, or to take over from an Arsenal side mid way through the season after Emery is sacked - Ozil exiled and all. Rather than simply start from scratch as manager in June/July 2019, or using the “add leagues” trick to start at a later date (whereby the game will sim everything at random - ie Arsenal could be top of the league, Liverpool mid table) my request would be to join the real world scenario with all competitive  stats (appearances,  goals, league standings, points etc) reflected in the game from the  point of joining. 

I imagine that the data for player appearances, league/cup results etc are collected as an ongoing thing anyway - so why not Incorporate them into the game so that ongoing seasons can be used as astarting point? Imagine - every time a manager loses his job IRL - FM suddenly becomes brand new again and fans can try and steer the ship from that point in time on. The game would never grow old as the season progresses and would stay relevant throughout - or at least until the end of the season.

Unless this somehow requires you to obtain new licenses from leagues / clubs etc I passionately feel that this is achievable and would add major value so sincerely hope you consider it. Any queries if anything isn’t clear let me know. 

Edited by JonH93
Additional comment

• 8 months later...