Promises promises.

I have a player that I promised to be the teams main penalty taker, don't remember doing that but I must of done it in haste one night. Problem is that I can not seem to fulfil this promise.

I have set him as the lone penalty taker in Tactics/Set pieces/Penalties and even unticked the box to allow a player with two goals to take the next kick for a hat trick. Nothing seems to work.

Ironically, he is a very good spot kick player and was already the main man.

Any suggestions would be great.

3 hours ago, Old Joe Clarke said:

I have a player that I promised to be the teams main penalty taker, don't remember doing that but I must of done it in haste one night. Problem is that I can not seem to fulfil this promise.

Has he taken many penalties yet? Maybe the player needs to see that he's taking the pens regularly to acknowledge the promise has been fulfilled?

Edited by rockpie

34 minutes ago, rockpie said:

Has he taken many penalties yet? Maybe the player needs to see that he's taking the pens regularly to acknowledge the promise has been fulfilled?

Well, during me asking these questions, the player missed his only one, couldn't script it, yeah, I get what you mean though and that seems like a good call. I will update if it fixes things. :thup:

It is a bit frustrating as the game is so good and I am enjoying it very much.

Just to conclude this problem, the player finally scored from the spot and the promise is deemed as kept.

A happy ending but as mentioned above by @thehig2 it is an odd way to go about things. It has the same ruling applied to it as winning silverware wherein there is only two outcomes, but being placed at the top of the penalty taking list should suffice as the promise being kept regardless of whether a spot kick is taken.

Maybe a tweak under the bonnet SI side if a patch is to be released.

I have a similar problem. I promised a player I would sell if he was sold for 40 million. I got two offers, one less than 10 mil and non-negotiable, rejected. The other was around 20 mil, and I asked for 40. They backed out, and the player was unhappy that I had broken the promise to sell even though I only promised if the 40 mil price was reached. No option to say "I promised you to sell only if the asking price was reached."

Edited by 6Times