Amazon

For the past few years I have always purchased FM through Steam.  However for Christmas I was given some money in Amazon vouchers that would cover the cost of FM.  Reading the reviews, you get sent a copy of the disc with a Steam Code to enter.  Do you have to insert the CD into the laptop and install the game that way using the Steam code or can I just enter the code onto Steam?  My laptop has no CD drive.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, dysonpaul724 said:

For the past few years I have always purchased FM through Steam.  However for Christmas I was given some money in Amazon vouchers that would cover the cost of FM.  Reading the reviews, you get sent a copy of the disc with a Steam Code to enter.  Do you have to insert the CD into the laptop and install the game that way using the Steam code or can I just enter the code onto Steam?  My laptop has no CD drive.

Thanks

You can use the steam code to download from steam. 

6 hours ago, FrazT said:

To confirm what @sporadicsmiles said

You dont need the disc- just go to your steam account, select "activate a game", enter the code and steam will install and activate the game from there

Yes i have done this for my account to activate game ... so dont worry you dont need CD drive to activate it can be activated by installing and using code.