Ever just give it all up?

Must admit, was in my 6th or 7th season at Leipzig and was getting a bit bored winning everything. Then I made a rash decision I thought I’d regret, I resigned. 

Holidayed for 6 months and then took over Brighton at rock bottom after 16 games played. 

Aim was to survive relegation, managed a respectable 8th place finish, narrowly missing out on Europe. 

2nd season I rebuilt the squad, replaced all oldies and bought good youth prospects. Managed to finish 7th, qualifying for Europa. 

Anyway point of this thread, in a weird way, very weird indeed,  surprisingly I’m having much more fun. Still yet to win a trophy, but each game I win is much more meaningful. 

anyway as the title says, have you ever just got bored and given a good thing up for no other reason than sheer boredom of winning? 

Absolutly, as most things in life the journey to the top is far more satisfying than being at the top , once you start to dominate , it does become boring . 

I think its like real football , the journey i had watching Bolton in the 90's trying to get to the premier league created far more better memories and moments than the subsiquent 11 year stay , yep we had better players and played better teams, had a couple of euro adventures, but i have a more (probably rose tinted) memory of a last minute winner away at hull in 1993 in division 3 than 90% of the games we played in the premier league

Its a fun way to play. Give your self 2-4 year per club. and then re build. identify what kind of clubs you would like to help. 

Would be even better if you set up the club to say stay in the premier league and be a mid table club.