Promoted from Championship..Expected top 4 first season!?!?

I am currently enjoying a save with my team Millwall, first season I struggled and finished 14th. Second season I got some great young prem loans and finished 2nd and was therefore promoted to the premier league.

Everthing was going well making some good signings, I was predicted 17th as expected and am 1000/1 to win the league. Then comes my season expectations, with a leading sky bet championship squad and my first season in the premier league, my minimum non negotiable expectation is to qualify for the champions league (finish in the top 4).

This is probably the most unrealistic and unfair expectation I have ever been given by a board in any fm since 2005 when I started. How can the board expect a promoted team to finish top 4? I'm almost guaranteed to be sacked this season based on this expectation. Has anyone else had this? Is it a glitch? I'm so confused...

millwall expectations.png

10 minutes ago, billyydaviss said:

I am currently enjoying a save with my team Millwall, first season I struggled and finished 14th. Second season I got some great young prem loans and finished 2nd and was therefore promoted to the premier league.

Everthing was going well making some good signings, I was predicted 17th as expected and am 1000/1 to win the league. Then comes my season expectations, with a leading sky bet championship squad and my first season in the premier league, my minimum non negotiable expectation is to qualify for the champions league (finish in the top 4).

This is probably the most unrealistic and unfair expectation I have ever been given by a board in any fm since 2005 when I started. How can the board expect a promoted team to finish top 4? I'm almost guaranteed to be sacked this season based on this expectation. Has anyone else had this? Is it a glitch? I'm so confused...

millwall expectations.png

Exactly the same story as my Birmingham City save. promoted 2nd season after losing in the play offs first season. All was going great, made some good signings and I have amassed a decent array of youth talent for the years to come. Get to the season expectations and they want champions league as well. Really killed my enthusiasm for the save! I am however plodding on with it as there are talks about a takeover and I am just hoping that it happens and the new board change the expectations.

Out of curiosity, was this a save started during the beta?

Hey Jon, similar to me, plenty of great talent but will be a survival season for sure, definitely a motivation killer! Unfortunately by chairman loves the club and has never left in any fm I've played, if worse comes to worse I will retire and make a new manager to re-take over if mid table isn't good enough...

This save was started at full release, I didn't have the beta, how about yours?

33 minutes ago, billyydaviss said:

Hey Jon, similar to me, plenty of great talent but will be a survival season for sure, definitely a motivation killer! Unfortunately by chairman loves the club and has never left in any fm I've played, if worse comes to worse I will retire and make a new manager to re-take over if mid table isn't good enough...

This save was started at full release, I didn't have the beta, how about yours?

I think I may have to follow suit and create a new manager to take over if I get sacked. The thing I don't understand (and makes me think it is a bug) is that at the start of season 2 my expectations were to challenge for playoffs, then season 3 make the playoffs, then get promoted and then fight to stay in the premier league. I don't understand why all of a sudden as I overachieved and hit my goals early they have raised the bar to such a ridiculous level and not just brought forward the fight to stay in the premier league expectation.

Mine was started during the beta, I wondered if it was a known glitch from then but clearly not. I hope this doesn't happen with all of the saves as I quite enjoy the battle of promotion then staving off relegation.   

Unfortunately the outlook is not good for me. I am about 12 games into the season, sitting in 16th and I am on the verge of getting the sack. Had the dreaded "next result could seal his fate" news article twice (and lost both games) so I fear that it is 3rd strike and I am out. 

This 100% has to be a bug in my opinion as even some players have kicked off saying we are massively underachieving for the season......what do they expect from a newly promoted team? Can anyone at SI confirm if this is a known bug?

• Administrators

Raise it here ideally uploading a save game just prior to the expectations being set/suggested and let us know the file name so our team can investigate - https://community.sigames.com/forum/745-club-vision-and-performance/

Details on how to upload saves here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Queresma said:

image.thumb.png.30ae0afca6679977ad14792636d17f98.png

Seems like this bug is still available with the new update. I got promoted to Seria A with Ascoli. and the expectation of my first season in Seria A is qualify for campions cup

raise it in the bugs forum