Nation rules - extra divisions in 2nd season errors

AhMostyn

Hi all,

I'm attempting to change the number of child divisions in the second season for the English system at level 8 - i.e. 7 to 8 divisions (6 of the existing 7 are dropped to be replaced by 7 new regional variants) & I've assumed the following are the options needed to be set for the parent competition:

XtTNRko.png

However, this generates the following errors:

YIQC0Na.png

Has anyone seen this kind of error before & if so, have any solutions that they are willing to share?

Firstly, am I on the right track by using the option to organise at the end of the season, and if so, am I going to need to identify the candidate teams who would fall into these divisions at this level (adding this to each team) or would setting the regional boundaries for each division give the code enough to work out who falls into the footprints (similar to the re-organisations that occur at the end of a season when no new divisions have been added)?

Any help/guidance/advice would be appreciated thanks

BVL1.fmf

1 hour ago, AhMostyn said:

Hi all,

I'm attempting to change the number of child divisions in the second season for the English system at level 8 - i.e. 7 to 8 divisions (6 of the existing 7 are dropped to be replaced by 7 new regional variants) & I've assumed the following are the options needed to be set for the parent competition:

XtTNRko.png

However, this generates the following errors:

YIQC0Na.png

Has anyone seen this kind of error before & if so, have any solutions that they are willing to share?

Firstly, am I on the right track by using the option to organise at the end of the season, and if so, am I going to need to identify the candidate teams who would fall into these divisions at this level (adding this to each team) or would setting the regional boundaries for each division give the code enough to work out who falls into the footprints (similar to the re-organisations that occur at the end of a season when no new divisions have been added)?

Any help/guidance/advice would be appreciated thanks

BVL1.fmf 42.84 kB · 1 download

From what i can see you dont have any rules for the county Leagues at level 9, the extra promotion places are needed from these leagues to make the numbers add up for the extra league that will be in the regional 1st divisions.

There will also be needed 2 sets of rules for the county leagues at level 9 because there will also be 2 extra leagues at this level from the season after.

I will be trying to do this with my Level 11 English file when i have done all the data for it, but we are having a issue with the number of teams relegated from the Vanarama national North/South divisions due to the effect that bury were kicked out the efl.

I've managed to sort out the Vanarama issue (using PPG to determine who is reprieved and have cascaded it down as far as the BetVictor Premiers) - adding a league at the parent with 0 matches & rankings based on Average Points - small niggle that the team history shows the relegation stage name rather than the original league but I'll come back to that:

2019/2020 - NL N/S examples

j53fHaq.pngiNu5aEA.png7swvdvE.png

2020/2021

QGyLRqt.pngQhX5LGH.png

If you want to have a look at the rules to see if they help with your structure, the file is attached.

For the BV Division Ones, I think I'm going to rebuild that level bit by bit (plus add the corresponding rules for next level down - which hasn't been necessary previously for building the other leagues as the Promotion/Relegation tab in the parent allows the extra teams to be promoted from lower divisions) & test in the editor to work out where things start to go Pete Tong.

The version for 2019 only rules (with the existing leagues) seems to test ok - at the end of the season, the 6 second bottom teams with the worst PPG have a playoff against 6 runners up from the lower division (currently selected from inactive league ok) & I end up with 135 teams plus the 25 extra marked to be promoted brings the numbers up to 160 (8 leagues x 20 teams.

It's as soon as structure for 2020/21 gets added that the errors begin - first step will be just to add 1 new division to bring it up to 8 and see what happens

Add BVP.fmf

1 hour ago, AhMostyn said:

I've managed to sort out the Vanarama issue (using PPG to determine who is reprieved and have cascaded it down as far as the BetVictor Premiers) - adding a league at the parent with 0 matches & rankings based on Average Points - small niggle that the team history shows the relegation stage name rather than the original league but I'll come back to that:

2019/2020 - NL N/S examples

j53fHaq.pngiNu5aEA.png7swvdvE.png

2020/2021

QGyLRqt.pngQhX5LGH.png

If you want to have a look at the rules to see if they help with your structure, the file is attached.

For the BV Division Ones, I think I'm going to rebuild that level bit by bit (plus add the corresponding rules for next level down - which hasn't been necessary previously for building the other leagues as the Promotion/Relegation tab in the parent allows the extra teams to be promoted from lower divisions) & test in the editor to work out where things start to go Pete Tong.

The version for 2019 only rules (with the existing leagues) seems to test ok - at the end of the season, the 6 second bottom teams with the worst PPG have a playoff against 6 runners up from the lower division (currently selected from inactive league ok) & I end up with 135 teams plus the 25 extra marked to be promoted brings the numbers up to 160 (8 leagues x 20 teams.

It's as soon as structure for 2020/21 gets added that the errors begin - first step will be just to add 1 new division to bring it up to 8 and see what happens

Add BVP.fmf 39.79 kB · 2 downloads

Thats looking good matey, does the ppg table also show under Vanarama national south?

Is it possible to show the ppg in the league table while the league is in progress and to show which team is getting relegated/reprieved while the season is in progress?

Maybe you can help me build my rules once i have done all the data for it?

I have a structure for 2019 and a struture i want for 2020 rules.

Edited by lionel messi

On 18/01/2020 at 20:48, lionel messi said:

Thats looking good matey, does the ppg table also show under Vanarama national south?

Is it possible to show the ppg in the league table while the league is in progress and to show which team is getting relegated/reprieved while the season is in progress?

Maybe you can help me build my rules once i have done all the data for it?

I have a structure for 2019 and a struture i want for 2020 rules.

Anymore progress on going further down?

Might get a chance to look a bit this evening but no guarantees.

update - trying to add 1 extra division to Betvictor Division One, keeping the current 7 at the moment - need to try setting next divisions for an additional 20 teams (I.e the extra division) so that it validates for following season. I had hoped it would be smart enough to allocate via division boundaries, I.e there are 160 teams, 8 divisions with boundaries & stadiums with long/lat/cities so just place them but doesn’t seem to work - it expects 20 teams to be allocated as Next Division to the new division before it will move past initial validation. May pick 20 random lower league teams as placeholders & then see what happens (initial validation of numbers would be nice...)

May get a chance tomorrow but depends on what work has been like.

Edited by AhMostyn
Update after trying things out

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/01/2020 at 17:22, AhMostyn said:

Might get a chance to look a bit this evening but no guarantees.

update - trying to add 1 extra division to Betvictor Division One, keeping the current 7 at the moment - need to try setting next divisions for an additional 20 teams (I.e the extra division) so that it validates for following season. I had hoped it would be smart enough to allocate via division boundaries, I.e there are 160 teams, 8 divisions with boundaries & stadiums with long/lat/cities so just place them but doesn’t seem to work - it expects 20 teams to be allocated as Next Division to the new division before it will move past initial validation. May pick 20 random lower league teams as placeholders & then see what happens (initial validation of numbers would be nice...)

May get a chance tomorrow but depends on what work has been like.

Did you manage to make any more progress on this?

Nope - It is steadfastly refusing to align teams within boundaries for the 2020/21 season - either via the league boundary settings (in both the rules and/or the individual competition details in the database) or via the regional divisions for the teams. I've tried clearing all regional divisions for teams and setting boundaries for divisions - still allocates incorrect numbers. I've checked city and stadium long/lats - it wasn't an issue in FM19 (but then wasn't mucking around with rules for subequent seasons). Currently plugging away at allocating all teams a regional division to see if that solves things but initial indications aren't great...

May revert back to a basic rules build for the full structure, with no faffing initially for Bury, but with rules for each of 2019 & then 2020 onwards to see if that works for team allocations, then convert to advanced and tweak bits a piece at a time.

I'm sure it is going to be something blindingly obvious but I'm tearing out what little hair I have left at the moment.

30 minutes ago, AhMostyn said:

Nope - It is steadfastly refusing to align teams within boundaries for the 2020/21 season - either via the league boundary settings (in both the rules and/or the individual competition details in the database) or via the regional divisions for the teams. I've tried clearing all regional divisions for teams and setting boundaries for divisions - still allocates incorrect numbers. I've checked city and stadium long/lats - it wasn't an issue in FM19 (but then wasn't mucking around with rules for subequent seasons). Currently plugging away at allocating all teams a regional division to see if that solves things but initial indications aren't great...

May revert back to a basic rules build for the full structure, with no faffing initially for Bury, but with rules for each of 2019 & then 2020 onwards to see if that works for team allocations, then convert to advanced and tweak bits a piece at a time.

I'm sure it is going to be something blindingly obvious but I'm tearing out what little hair I have left at the moment.

Im not sure whether to try it or not.