Manager & Team Reputation Progress?

Hello friends,

FM20 is my first since FM16. Due to being very handsome and excellent, I have taken Bari from Serie C to Champions League (2nd in Serie A) in 3 seasons. We won the Serie B on our way up, too, by like 20 points. As such, I am surprised to find:

- No big clubs want to hire me (Roma were like "Thanks for your applicaiton but nah")

- Bari are a still a 3-star rep club and we get about 25,000 to each game (please keep in mind when Bari - the real one - have played Serie B Playoff games in the past they have sold out. It's a city of 350,000)

- I can't attract any big name players, even from non-Champs League clubs

These may sound like complaints but they aren't, I am just wondering if this is the new normal in FM? How long do I have to be good for until I'm considered a top manager and top club?

Thanking you

Personal and club reputation will rise with success, but it is not instant and can take longer than you would imagine and that is how the game reflects it.  Most stats like that are measured over a rolling period of say 5 or 10 years so to see marked improvement, you need to get rid of the barren years at the start.

Thank you, compadres.

I am at about 55% now so I guess I can't complain too much. I would think the Barese would be packing out the house for a Champions League side given they have been in Serie C for most of the last decade but is what it is. I'll just have to sign Ronaldo or something