[Discussion] Sandbox ME

vukigepard

As this game is striving to be a simulation, but given the theme, it can never be fully realistically simulated, just like the managers that are constantly trying to have that "perfect game", but never manage to have it, as there is no such thing as a objective perfect game of football, a lot of it is of course subjective. That is most of the time the problem with ME, you just can't please everyone however you approach it and make it, and for a game, it's objective is for you to enjoy it. I think a lot of problems with all the fm frustration could be eased with options regarding the me, allowing you to customise your world of football and reality. For example, if you feel the there is a lack of goals in your game world, you could change it (or at least at the start of the game) and set it up to for example 1.2 number of goals modifier, or 2.0 if you like, same could be done with other aspects of me, such modifying the significance of attributes (such as pace, acc, finishing, tackling), or changing the style of the game i.e. effectivness of crossing, dribling, longshots, tackling. I think it would throw a huge burden of the chest both for people working on the me, and people playing the game. I think this is possible mostly because it's a statistic driven game that takes in all these calculations, and being able to manipulate those parameters would make everyone a bit happier, and that would be a huge step forward for the franchise.

You can change the pace, acc, finishing etc through the in game editor anyway if you wanted to. 

I think changing things like game modifiers just makes the game more like an arcade rather than a simulation too so would rather they avoided anything like this as it almost feels like a step backwards.

There's two points to note when people speak about the ME;

1 - Broken aspects of the ME that need fixing - for example in the current ME long balls & 1 on 1's clearly need looking at, which, when fixed should remove a lot of the complaints.

2 - I think your point with managers striving to have 'perfect games' also applies to FM however people are much less patient and declare the ME to be bad when it doesn't work out. I'm not sure you can please all of these people even if you make a whole load of changes.

I've suggested this as well. It would certainly give more power to the community and I'm sure there would be a lot of individuals willing to work on such projects. It allows you to make the game more arcade-ish, it also allows you to make it more realistically than SI perhaps initially managed. Check Skyrim and what beautiful modifications came as a result of the editor.

• 8 months later...