More dynamics for when managers visit matches

bjoernd

I sometimes attend matches of my former teams and find it surprising that after that I am seeing press speculations about my interest in certain players whereas "He came to watch his former team" would be a more obvious explanation. It would be fun to see more variety in those speculations (likely also applies to the respective interview questions I'm sometimes getting).

We have right now:

* interest in player(s)

* national team manager watching players

* interest in job (??)

* watching favourite team

* press have no idea

Other stories off the top of my head:

* watching former team

* watching a big game (cup final, international knockout...)

* watching your son (?)

* a night out with friends (if the match takes place close by to your actual team's city)

* watching team I'm soon going to take over (i.e. already signed a contract for next season)

• 3 months later...

I like this suggestion. I recently declared my interest in Tottenham's Troy Parrot. I make a couple of offers which were rejected, then sent a scout to watch him. The player himself said he was flattered to be linked with me and appreciates that we sent a scout. Then, I went to watch him play and the press said they were at a loss as to why I was there. I was dumbfounded. I like the idea of watching your son's game and the press noting it. I also like the idea of them noting you watching a team play big games. For instance, I watched Scotland in the World Cup (being a Scottish manager), and they didn't know why I was there. I was clearly enjoying my time off, watching my country lay in a tournament we hardly ever qualify for.

• 5 months later...