Lost confidence in manager's ability

Managing Newcastle... got off to a pretty bad start...

but I managed to guide the club to 3rd place and won both the FA Cup and League Cup at the end of the season.

But I still have 4 players (Enrique, Barton, Taylor, Martins) who have lost confidence in manager's ability :confused:

How long more till they regain confidence lol... is this tagged to the part where you let the board know your ambitions? I selected title challenge - so wondering if this plays a part to the players losing confidence :confused:

It's what you tell the board.

You could manage a team that the press predicted for relegation - and do really well - but if you're doing worse than what you promised the board, some of your players will be unhappy, and the press will sometimes refer to your team as "underachieving". The game seems to emphasize the board expectations more than the expectations of the press. I'm not sure how realistic this whole scenario is.

These players who lose confidence in your ability as a manager seem to not bother putting in perfomances anymore etc, so I do tend to try to sell them off, during the close season at Stoke I sold 7 players who had lost confidence in me, the other 3 seem to have regained confidence in me now lol.

These players who lose confidence in your ability as a manager seem to not bother putting in perfomances anymore etc, so I do tend to try to sell them off, during the close season at Stoke I sold 7 players who had lost confidence in me, the other 3 seem to have regained confidence in me now lol.

Spot on... Martins, Barton, Enrique... all gave me 5.4 avg performances all the time despite me fining them for poor performances :mad:

I had the same problem with a few. Sold most of 'em (those I didn't want as first teamers).

Got one of my players to call a meeting (incidentally the option wasn't there for my crap Captain - Wheater). After the meeting in which "progress was made" Alves was no longer listed as "lost confidence".

You could try it?

I had the same problem with a few. Sold most of 'em (those I didn't want as first teamers).

Got one of my players to call a meeting (incidentally the option wasn't there for my crap Captain - Wheater). After the meeting in which "progress was made" Alves was no longer listed as "lost confidence".

You could try it?

Hmm... how do you call this meeting?

I've solved my problem though, by handing them new contracts lol.... money makes the world go round :D

Yes - new contracts tend to help solve the problem.

You may also be able to achieve a resolution with careful use of the pre-match interviews, team-talks, and media module .. but a new contract is the quickest way to resolve most minor issues that players have.

• 8 months later...

I managed preston but became frustrated having to manage niel mellor, john parkin and billy jones (not reccomended 1st team players) as they both are so inconsistent that i felt ready to snap the keyboard in annoyance. so in december i jumped at the chance to manage boro after southgate got the chop with them proping up the rest of the prem and 7 pts away from saftey ....... 24 million to rescue boro given to me for january, i scraped draws and got one win in december. january i pulled off some major coups in marquinhos, nilmar, sisi, diakate, koulou and duscher, selling downing, tuncay, alves and mido to name a few. results though continued in a relegation haunted fashion, although i did pick up wins here and there including a whopping 5-0 victory over spurs who occupied 8th in league. now your probably wondering were im going with this so here it is, my record at boro was p-26, W-6, D-7, L-13, now that isnt fine form in any imagination BUT !!!! i saved boro from relegation when they were doomed to go down, a fine job if i dont say so myself so why the **** has sisi, wheater, mattock and digard all lost confidence in my ability, the board are very dissapointed and im expecting the sack??????????? didier digard has even stated he thinks the club should be top of the league (what a nugget) !!!!!!! this is wholly unrealistic and to be honest it has really put a downer on the game. its an issue that needs to be sorted for future FM,s , i was appoited to save boro and i have, but im being attacked left right and centre for a woefull season that was in my view down to old big nose's shortcomings. i wouldnt have lost 13 games if the squad wernt rock bottom in morale and everyone whos been through the horrid relegation experience will know that it takes a long time to get the confidence back into the team, also when u bring in as many players as i did in january then also they wont immediatley gel into a unit ( plus nilmar is unsettled in the area ) so i just think that the board should be delighted to be still in the prem and reserve any other judgments till the new season is well up and running, same goes for the players too !! am i alone in thinking this is really off putting and unrealistic ?

I managed preston but became frustrated having to manage niel mellor, john parkin and billy jones (not reccomended 1st team players) as they both are so inconsistent that i felt ready to snap the keyboard in annoyance. so in december i jumped at the chance to manage boro after southgate got the chop with them proping up the rest of the prem and 7 pts away from saftey ....... 24 million to rescue boro given to me for january, i scraped draws and got one win in december. january i pulled off some major coups in marquinhos, nilmar, sisi, diakate, koulou and duscher, selling downing, tuncay, alves and mido to name a few. results though continued in a relegation haunted fashion, although i did pick up wins here and there including a whopping 5-0 victory over spurs who occupied 8th in league. now your probably wondering were im going with this so here it is, my record at boro was p-26, W-6, D-7, L-13, now that isnt fine form in any imagination BUT !!!! i saved boro from relegation when they were doomed to go down, a fine job if i dont say so myself so why the **** has sisi, wheater, mattock and digard all lost confidence in my ability, the board are very dissapointed and im expecting the sack??????????? didier digard has even stated he thinks the club should be top of the league (what a nugget) !!!!!!! this is wholly unrealistic and to be honest it has really put a downer on the game. its an issue that needs to be sorted for future FM,s , i was appoited to save boro and i have, but im being attacked left right and centre for a woefull season that was in my view down to old big nose's shortcomings. i wouldnt have lost 13 games if the squad wernt rock bottom in morale and everyone whos been through the horrid relegation experience will know that it takes a long time to get the confidence back into the team, also when u bring in as many players as i did in january then also they wont immediatley gel into a unit ( plus nilmar is unsettled in the area ) so i just think that the board should be delighted to be still in the prem and reserve any other judgments till the new season is well up and running, same goes for the players too !! am i alone in thinking this is really off putting and unrealistic ?

What is this? Black block of letters? Another brick in the wal?? :D:D

Archived