FMCU Joint Save

andychar

1 hour ago, Rikulec said:

Regular season done.

o3tJ99a.jpg

deGltrN.jpg

We really struggled for consistency for the most part of the season, but we kicked off when it mattered the most and got five wins in the last seven games, ensuring a 3rd place finish, which not only gives us a shot at the A-League Finals, but we've also qualified for the Asian Champions League play-off! With that in mind, we enter the most exciting part of the season...

I’m not bitter or anything but Jesus I struggled just to qualify for playoffs with more points!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

THKKNDo.jpg

Whew, that was close! We got lucky with an early red card from the Mariners, but then proceeded to be absolutely wasteful in front of goal and we so nearly threw it away. We're through though, that's all that matters.

2 for 2 in playoffs against the Mariners! Avenge me!

2 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

DSElf4r.jpg

Oh ffs. :seagull: Everything was going so well before we gave away a stupid penalty in injury time and... well, you can see what happened. Argh!

That absolutely sucks! Such a harsh way to finish. 

12 minutes ago, noikeee said:

Wow. What a **** way to lose a match man, that must've hurt.

11 minutes ago, andychar said:

That absolutely sucks! Such a harsh way to finish. 

Thanks for the comments guys. I was devastated, we were so ****ing close!

A brief season review coming up shortly. Get ready, @Ronaldo Beckham!

As you've already seen, the season was shaping up quite well before it went to **** thanks to one penalty stupidly given away. What does the squad look like now?

MzTcNoc.jpg

Not bad, but also not really great. You may have noticed some names missing, I'll cover that in a moment. We're definitely going to need a striker following Cook's imminent departure. The loanee did very well this season, ending the campaign as our top scorer with 15 goals to his name. Unfortunately, it was also him who missed the crucial penalty in the semi final shoot-out. Oh well. I also forgot to mention a signing I made in the January transfer window:

59FSSfY.jpg

Signed from Oxford United for a very cheap fee, the Northern Irish midfielder had a good half season with three goals and two assists.

As for the other transfers...

9sSoXFy.jpg

The upside is that we made a lot of profit. Both DeVere and Sergio were ageing and, upon receiving decent offers for both of them, I decided to do what I'd normally do in my saves and cash in. I didn't want to sell Jabbie or especially Melling, but sadly they had low release clauses and they wouldn't negotiate new contracts.

Speaking of finances, where does that leave us?

qSawkTa.jpg

Comfortably in the black. With the sponsorship money bound to come in the next month or so we're probably not going to have to worry about this anytime soon.

Important note: pretty much all staff have their contracts expiring in a couple of weeks, I decided not to sign new deals with them so that @Ronaldo Beckham can decide whether he wants to keep them or not.

Over to you, mate. Best of luck!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AOZva4i9FXO_VD4z01_hma6EQr6wgfYL/view?usp=sharing

50 minutes ago, Rikulec said:

As you've already seen, the season was shaping up quite well before it went to **** thanks to one penalty stupidly given away. What does the squad look like now?

MzTcNoc.jpg

Not bad, but also not really great. You may have noticed some names missing, I'll cover that in a moment. We're definitely going to need a striker following Cook's imminent departure. The loanee did very well this season, ending the campaign as our top scorer with 15 goals to his name. Unfortunately, it was also him who missed the crucial penalty in the semi final shoot-out. Oh well. I also forgot to mention a signing I made in the January transfer window:

59FSSfY.jpg

Signed from Oxford United for a very cheap fee, the Northern Irish midfielder had a good half season with three goals and two assists.

As for the other transfers...

9sSoXFy.jpg

The upside is that we made a lot of profit. Both DeVere and Sergio were ageing and, upon receiving decent offers for both of them, I decided to do what I'd normally do in my saves and cash in. I didn't want to sell Jabbie or especially Melling, but sadly they had low release clauses and they wouldn't negotiate new contracts.

Speaking of finances, where does that leave us?

qSawkTa.jpg

Comfortably in the black. With the sponsorship money bound to come in the next month or so we're probably not going to have to worry about this anytime soon.

Important note: pretty much all staff have their contracts expiring in a couple of weeks, I decided not to sign new deals with them so that @Ronaldo Beckham can decide whether he wants to keep them or not.

Over to you, mate. Best of luck!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AOZva4i9FXO_VD4z01_hma6EQr6wgfYL/view?usp=sharing

Cheers mate, I will try my best to keep the momentum going.

Well I'm definitely not playing FM until tonight neither and will probably take like a week to play my season, and I'm invested in my other career, so absolutely have no hurry. :lol: Take your time man, if a week or 2 from now you've not had time or felt like playing it, pass it onto me then.

2 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Yeah i'll just wait in line. Wanna make sure someone has already done the winning for me so i'm not under pressure. :lol:

No pressure on me then lol.

I am just going through pre-season, I have decided to bring some Brazilian flair to the Aussie league and signed the following Brazilian freebies

Hermanes - 37 year former Lazio, Inter and Juventus player, has 28 Brazil caps

Diego - 37 year old AMC/AML with 34 Brazil caps

Diego Tardelli - Another 37 year old, has 14 Brazil caps

Diego Alves - 36 year GK with 10 Brazil caps

Fred - Not the Man Utd midfielder thank god lol, 38 year old striker with 39 Brazil caps and 18 goals, also has 241 career goals in 500 plus appearances.

I also signed Colin Kazim Richards.

2 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

No I forgot lol. 

I holidayed for a few weeks and for some reason all the players I signed agreed to have their contracts muterally terminated so that was an expensive mistake.

Gutted I wanted to bring Samba footy to the Aussies.

If you don't register a player they immediately leave on a free. Then their compensation goes out of the Salary cap for the year. 

So there you have it guys, season is done, I ended up 3rd in the league, losing to Adelaide in extra time of the A-League Final series.

image.thumb.png.4fb93a194853819cbcdbdbd716f5366a.png

I also got us through to the 2nd round of the Champions League so whomever takes over still has a chance of winning that.

Over to you @noikeee I hope you do better then I did, I managed to sign some good Aussie players so you got a good squad to push forward with.

I am just sorting out the linking file issue so bare with me.

Edited by Ronaldo Beckham

1 hour ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

So there you have it guys, season is done, I ended up 3rd in the league, losing to Adelaide in extra time of the A-League Final series.

image.thumb.png.4fb93a194853819cbcdbdbd716f5366a.png

I also got us through to the 2nd round of the Champions League so whomever takes over still has a chance of winning that.

Over to you @noikeee I hope you do better then I did, I managed to sign some good Aussie players so you got a good squad to push forward with.

I am just sorting out the linking file issue so bare with me.

Another year of so near yet so far! Good going in the Champions League. You qualified again? Is it top 3 and finals winner? 

1 minute ago, noikeee said:

All good, it's opening here. Not sure why you didn't play the ACL matches but I'll take over them then.

I thought I had to just play till the Domestic league campaign finished.

Don't worry I have faith in you bringing in the gold. I managed to get a future transfer set up for an Aussie young player with 1 cap called Tyler something, he looks like a right prospect you can use straight away.

Right this is gonna take me a bit of time to get a plan and make some sense out of this, I am very confused about this squad.

My idea was to try to transition from the previous manager, without trying to put too much of a personal take onto it, such as my Champagne football tactics etc which need a specific mould of player that might not suit the next manager. But I'm not seeing much in this bunch apart from a very strong midfield in Sykes and Clarke and Coyle. The attack concerns me because there's basically Hlophe's pace and not much else. I think I'm gonna just try to play as normal with my set of tactics and get on with it.

It seems as if we can only have 3 foreigners + 1 Asian and there's 6 non-Asian foreigners in this squad, main priority is to trim that down, sell the extra guys and search for Ozzie guys to replace them. There's 3 Ozzies already lined up to joing the team though, but 2 of them are central midfielders which is the area in which we already have loads of talent.

pCMmB0N.jpg

First match in charge and I nearly get FM'd in China. Nearly lost without them making a shot on target. :lol: 

I took my Champagne Guardiola tactic and made it into something more similar to what @Rikulec had a couple of pages ago. Think the AF role suits Hlophe for now as he's all pace.

BOZtrcG.jpg

1 hour ago, noikeee said:

Right this is gonna take me a bit of time to get a plan and make some sense out of this, I am very confused about this squad.

My idea was to try to transition from the previous manager, without trying to put too much of a personal take onto it, such as my Champagne football tactics etc which need a specific mould of player that might not suit the next manager. But I'm not seeing much in this bunch apart from a very strong midfield in Sykes and Clarke and Coyle. The attack concerns me because there's basically Hlophe's pace and not much else. I think I'm gonna just try to play as normal with my set of tactics and get on with it.

It seems as if we can only have 3 foreigners + 1 Asian and there's 6 non-Asian foreigners in this squad, main priority is to trim that down, sell the extra guys and search for Ozzie guys to replace them. There's 3 Ozzies already lined up to joing the team though, but 2 of them are central midfielders which is the area in which we already have loads of talent.

Yeah sorry mate, I went a bit overboard at the start after forgetting about the limits or foreign players.

Sorry I left the squad in a bit of a mess.

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

Yeah sorry mate, I went a bit overboard at the start after forgetting about the limits or foreign players.

Sorry I left the squad in a bit of a mess.

All good, the current bunch seem to be doing the business in the CL.

It's a Sydney derby in the quarter-finals!

MkLRafd.jpg

If we manage to beat them, we face the winners of Adelaide United-Guangzhou.

Right it's 4AM here and I really, really should be sleeping instead of being on FM. But here's how the squad is looking like just ahead of the first leg of the CL quarterfinal against Sydney FC.

R5ruXIc.jpg

I cleared out the excess foreigners and also sold Kuzmanovski to make way for others. Onto the signings. First the ones @Ronaldo Beckham had left me.

bJS08e6.jpg

This guy stands out for the great vision, otherwise he's pretty much in the mould of the DLPs I tend to use, so that's where he'll fit. Expecting him to be the starting DM DLP.

5jviVYm.jpg

This guy could be an option for the most attacking of the midfielders (in this case the RPM/S) but there's a lot of competition for that role. I think Sykes is amazing at that and I've also hired another kid that I'll show later. I could use 2 of them but so far it's looking like it's working really great to have just 1 and Konrad Clarke as BWM/S next to them.

sTKE1N1.jpg

This striker has heaps of potential and fits in well as a backup to Hlophe as AF. I like him but unfortunately he had a bad injury recently, so has a long way to go to fulfill his potential. I expect him to be more of a factor in a few years from now, if we're still at this club.

Onto my signings.

dpMpGt0.jpg

We lacked a decent Ozzie backup keeper.

BsHmmi9.jpg

One of the issues I'm having is the squad is lack of wrong-footed wingers to be able to use the inverted winger role better, as I think that works great with the kind of tactics I'm used to. Most of the wingers in this squad are either bad at their wrong-foot flank, or are all pace no dribbling ability. So I hired this guy to play on the left but there's still a little to go with retraining, he's not a natural there.

8xMMtCm.jpg

First of 2 promising kids I poached from lower league Bentleigh Greens for absolute peanuts. As you might guess he's the wrong-footed winger I got for the right wing.

uxzWABG.jpg

The other kid from Bentleigh Greens. Yeah midfield is a little packed in this squad atm, but for this fee you can't pass up on skill like this at a young age like this. I feel his amazing pace is a bit of a waste at midfield, I wonder if I could retrain him to be IW on the left.

This puts the current state of the squad like this:

h9AoRL6.jpg

There's only exactly 3 foreigners here now, so no longer any issues with registrations. I'm really looking to get a 4th guy in with Asian nationality because then I could register him on the ACL, but just haven't found a worthy signing that wants to join us. There was an amazing Iranian CB but he wanted a bit too much cash.

One of the things we're not maximizing is kind of wasting a foreigner spot on Barnes on goal. I mean I couldn't find a good Ozzie keeper so it's okay to use a foreigner as keeper, but there's better foreign keepers around on the market. Unfortunately I really stuffed things up by offering him out to other clubs then he got mad and I promised him I wouldn't do that again, so now I'm kinda stuck with him. I also wasn't sure I'd be able to register new signings for the ACL so was keeping him just in case I wasn't, but now I know I can register everyone I want.

I was also unable to find any "designated" player, so that's another thing we're not maximizing. For now we're comfortable on the wage cap, we're using 132K when the cap is 164K.

pYkEv8h.jpg

Friendly results are looking good. Lol at "Manly Utd"

giphy.gif

Edited by noikeee

Okay I really "had" to play the CL first leg match before going to bed, and..

aILR91S.jpg

I'm sorry guys. We got FM'd really hard here with 2 set piece goals (although our shots on target rate was absolutely pathetic). There's still the 2nd leg, but looks like our CL hopes are over. :( 

Edited by noikeee