FMCU Joint Save

andychar

21 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I don't think anyone minds you taking a "little" longer. How long do you think it will take you to finish the season? 

I'll be done by the end of the week (Sunday probably) if I can consistently play it. Which i'll do from tomorrow onwards, i'll postpone the other things i've been working on for a bit to be able to do so.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

September

image.thumb.png.0a9a642eb382cab49c646e18139183a7.png

Easy victories all across the board, but would we keep our job despite this? We face Perth Glory again in the CL semifimal and the media argue that could be my final set of matches. The takeover's been completed too, therefore it's all up in the air whether i'd keep my job or not.

If I do end up getting sacked, i'll hand the baton to @Mandy42 prematurely, to me that makes sense. I might search out a new job before I do that but it could also be directly after my early exit.

October

image.thumb.png.85d7c08f97fc7f78086a3edc6889d804.png

As I honestly expected, fatigue did start becoming a problem now that the A-League has begun again. There won't be another CL title for us i'm afraid :(

We do have a good shot at silverware though as we face Newcastle Jets in the cup final in December. Would be cool to do a domestic double and then bow out, you know.

image.thumb.png.71f2e82f8aa48b4631d065ae6ec97b91.png

Early days but i'd better get some good form after the early Western United loss. Could be an annoying season if I happen to mess it up tactically. Thankfully Sydney and Brisbane aren't the best on this save so they may well collapse.

November

image.thumb.png.8e3e65d848cf4e5857e363b17604aeee.png

Sigh. Western got dominated but they just keep on trolling us anyway. Wellington scored in the 88th and 95th minute in our first encounter and a gigantic blunder from our goalkeeper sunk us in the other one. Melbourne thankfully couldn't do much about an early penalty (that we almost missed!) while it took us untill injury time to beat Adelaide, even though they've only had 3 shots on target that game. Not good enough! Or FM just hates me.

image.thumb.png.fdd9b2b3aee166b86cdf12f908abcec1.png

With the ambition of finishing in the top 2, the lost points against Wellington and Western hurt us badly. We're still in the playoffs so technically it wouldn't matter but man, I really hope our luck improves in those dud matches.

The FFA Cup final is next and i'd love us to win it. Not only for the save itself but for myself too- never won a main cup before in my 2 and a half years on FM.

image.thumb.png.e0a3c8b1c762a5d9ba8b7af2698c637f.png

I... think I ruined the save a bit.

We still got the A-League to go for, but it really is looking like a poor season is upon us. And i'm really not sure whether that's my fault or not. I really am trying.

Keep your chin up it’s only a game. Finish 6th in the playoffs and then win the title. Then I can get us the hell out of dodge!

or don’t win it, and give me the chance to win it

either way I’ll be a hero, well in the first one you’ll be a hero but yeah :)

40 minutes ago, Mandy42 said:

Keep your chin up it’s only a game. Finish 6th in the playoffs and then win the title. Then I can get us the hell out of dodge!

or don’t win it, and give me the chance to win it

either way I’ll be a hero, well in the first one you’ll be a hero but yeah :)

Yeah i'm not especially bothered or anything. Just thought the cup was really winnable in (potentially) our final Maccie season so it was dissapointing to give it away after leading at first.

I'd be shocked if I managed to win the league but i'd be very happy if I did!

1 hour ago, Minuy600 said:

image.thumb.png.e0a3c8b1c762a5d9ba8b7af2698c637f.png

I... think I ruined the save a bit.

We still got the A-League to go for, but it really is looking like a poor season is upon us. And i'm really not sure whether that's my fault or not. I really am trying.

Don't be silly. That's what this save is all about. You do your best at your season and whoever is next picks up the baton and has a go at the next season. 

There is far less stress with this save. It's all about the journey.

The only think I would say is that we like updates, (the more the merrier), because we are all sharing this save. 

For what it's worth, where as I initially said I would not be playing in Australia, if you don't win the league this season and@Mandy42stays and also doesn't win it during his season, then I would find it VERY hard to leave without giving it a go 1st. I obviously hope you or @Mandy42 win the league so I don't have to but......

26 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

Soo is there any way that I can be added on to the end of the list? :onmehead:

It's been a great read so far!

Absolutely. I’ll add you now. Nobody minds because it will take you a day :lol:

So the new list looks like this...

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Kingofcm03
  10. Makoto Nakamura
  11. Smp20

@smp20 got in contact letting me know he was interested!

If anybody else is interested let me know and I will add you to the bottom. Love how we have reached double figures! Very intrigued to see what will come next.

Edited by andychar

38 minutes ago, andychar said:

Question I want to pose to people is. After we reach the bottom of the list do we randomise it again or do we just keep going around?

I would say keep the order the same, because in my experience doing these types of saves before, there will often be late changes anyway, where someone is busy at work or has a hectic personal life that week or is on holiday or something, so the chances are it will change a little anyway. 

December

image.thumb.png.a60b41f6a86d1937c754aa27030f83f2.png

First of all, apologies for my slightly dramatic reading of the cup final, I wasn't that upset so honestly I overexeggerated it a bit :D Still kinda annoyed though, we really were good enough this cup season but couldn't quite finish the job.

The league has shown some improvement, we left it late to draw against a poor WSW side which was perhaps to be expected as we were exhausted from the 120 minutes played 3 days earlier. After that a tidy but nervy win against Brisbane we weren't dominant against Victory but still had our biggest victory (hehe) of the season, which lead to the sacking of their manager funnily enough. Only for the exact opposite to happen against Sydney. I get they're a top team in Australia but sheesh!

image.thumb.png.3d66afa3c83ba17b5321b1355ee0d9c3.png

7 points but from less games is a step in the right direction. We aren't there yet but the teams below us are even more incosistent. Would've liked to have taken more points from Wellington and WSW as they're the bottom dwellers this time.

Let's see what 2025 brings, now. I think i'll continue this one month a day scheduele as it fits in snugly for me, which means i'll be done by Wednesday at the latest.

38 minutes ago, andychar said:

Question I want to pose to people is. After we reach the bottom of the list do we randomise it again or do we just keep going around?

Randomizing is my preferred option, would be kinda tiring for the late sign-ups to keep waiting and waiting, especially for those who aren't as fast like me.

dont Think random will work, if the 1st person from round 1 finds themselves randomly shoved way down the list in round 2 then they have waited a long time to get a 2nd go. Least keeping the list the same then we all wait the same time between turns

image.thumb.png.3011718bc0526080c01595fa992342f7.png

About time we strengthened our defenses a bit. This guy from Monza appears solid enough to be our backup rightback as having just one player capable of playing there wouldn't cut it.

Had to change up our squad list a little bit but those out of the squad are either on youth contracts or are hopefully being sold eventually.

Edited by Minuy600

January

image.thumb.png.72a70188fe148b656f4dd7509b798f6b.png

Pfff, unbeaten month but somehow we got even less points since Phoenix keep ripping apart our tactics and the VAR handed Central Coast a point on a silver plate. Pretty happy with the results against Newcastle and Melbourne, the 1-0 being more comfortable than it looked.

image.thumb.png.90e1d0ed0e02b98944de1cce40caa5ff.png

Sydney and Newcastle are tearing the league apart honestly, any point recieved against one of them is solid. 3rd place would be a good end goal as Perth aren't too far off and once the squad's new tactic starts to gel I bet the results will start to become even better.

image.thumb.png.b88bdcb6bc4962f4968a45ff8209f215.png

We've been handed a tough group, though as Guangzhou easily rolled over for us last season I don't think I have to be as concerned. Still gotta be wary.

Interesting clubs in the group stage include Binh Duong (Vietnam), Madura United and Persija (both Indonesia), Qadsia (Kuwait) and Nasaf (Uzbekistan).

image.png.abb67287246823e3fa7948c267c009be.png

Three of our prospects have been sent out on loan, hopefully Mandy can get some playtime out of them next season. Osmond looks class.

February

image.thumb.png.589cd9bc14be29bf4cc9dfcba8fedab3.png

Second unbeaten month in a row, though with not even half of those matches being won it's hard to tell whether it was a good month or not. Steve Smith was in blistering form for us, scoring all but one of our goals in the first 4 matches.

image.thumb.png.5bea0ee88056abd92ed34140e2da0a24.png

Looks like i'm either going to finish very slightly lower than usual or in 3rd place once again, just like almost everyone else did before me. Definitely better than I anticipated coming into 2025. Playoffs are pretty much guaranteed so we always will keep that chance of winning the league.

image.thumb.png.aeb63929ac19b5571d400285872ac183.png

It's too early to tell. Everyone seems to be as good as one another. I think 2 wins and drawing every other match would see us through... definitely want all 4 though!

17 hours ago, wynter said:

How has our Lord and saviour Balthazar Cook's career turned out?

image.thumb.png.e2217e20055747cd876e8b6246579800.png

Not as good as he was at Macarthur, but 48 appearances in 65 matches for Brighton definitely is nothing to scoff at. For a regen, this is a solid career.

March

image.thumb.png.c645b28c94d8ccd726156c8eeaaa2dfc.png

It started so well! We first got our revenge on Sydney after they pummeled us harshly at the end of 2024, which definitely helped us close the gap. Then a small but comfortable victory against Sanfrecce followed, handing us favorable chances to progress in the CL.

What the hell happened afterwards? Like, we just couldn't score at all in the Brisbane match and after 14 matches of getting away with not scoring often, it finally caught up to us. Which makes it all the more frustrating that Acheson just had to do a two legged charge in the 83rd minute while we were comfortably leading 2-0 against Sydney again... This really isn't the right time to make mistakes.

image.thumb.png.f95d53360efcde3abaaa208e8eeff562.png

Why. Did. We. Give. Away. That. Lead. Really, really not liking this. I don't want to break our streak of 3rd places, not in this way. At least playoffs are practically save, which I didn't expect of myself earlier.

image.thumb.png.f85b404f69fa6d4ac376b1964682182c.png

I'm thankful our form didn't dip during the first half of the CL group stage, at least. Looks fairly comfortable but another win would be even better. Especially as the next CL match is against Ulsan, truly a pivotal moment for us to make a statement.

April

image.thumb.png.a0be51e5f430dfb8058c5e962764ee2c.png

Should I be happy or miffed? Everything really is as straightforward as it seems so I really don't need to give much commentary... except for the Newcastle match where we threw a lead away in the 82nd and 93rd minute. Ugh!

image.thumb.png.31e76ba73e7aac48abaf922e1672eeba.png

See, I noticed my 2 predecessors, @noikeee and @Ronaldo Beckham, had managed to get 45 points in total... which I also would've gotten if we didn't trip at the final second against Newcastle. It's such a little thing and i'm happy 3rd place was ours in the end, but it does leave me a little worried about the playoffs, as we're up against...

image.png.633197ed6c45ba51b08ec5d135d4c633.png

Right. The one team that beat us in 2025. I really really hope they can't increase our total amount of defeats this year to 2. That'd be a bit of a... anticlimax wouldn't it?

Speaking of anticlimaxes.

image.thumb.png.73af21cfc665884a8f4bc7b52351a1c7.png

This all seems so easy as we only face Sanfrecce and they really aren't that good. But they can hurt us so so badly too! I really don't know what to expect, and whether it'd even matter since i'd resign if we won the title anyway.

Tomorrow. The final day in charge. Will we croak early... or will we bring unexpected glory to the table?

image.thumb.png.a43e62130a22c75fbdf2a0a21b09d3b4.png

No squandered chances this time as we are through to the semi finals! Defensively it all seems sound, so can we go all the way this time...?

Sanfrecce in the CL next. I don't care much about that one but @Mandy42 might. Might.

image.thumb.png.5cd16935b385e464b607333614717833.png

How's that for a confidence booster? We're through convincingly while all we needed was a draw. Really happy with that. I hope this high confidence will play into our hands against Newcastle Jets, too.

Thank you for the passing of the baton! see there are some Asian Champion's League games to play.

But before that, perhaps the defining (and I am sure you will agree) most important task of my year of management

osman.thumb.jpg.1ec0e6380553c5a484455f2ad7bec963.jpg

It's probably downhill from here! 

So pointless update post...

1. Wynter
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec
  4. Ronaldo Beckham
  5. Noikeee
  6. Minuy600
  7. Mandy42 <——- we are here
  8. Jimbokav1971
  9. Kingofcm03
  10. Makoto Nakamura
  11. Smp20

Anybody wants in let me know and I’ll add you to the end of the list. 5 people have tried to lift the A League and 5 have failed. I’m still calling it to go all the way around and @wynter lifting the cup. 

this looks like it is going to be interesting! Firstly I have secured a 2 year contract extension, will have to see if we get to go any further than that:

vision.thumb.jpg.37a828ba3d72eac591233a3e0d7172b1.jpg

As by the end of our new last years extension we are expected to win the league. I'm not sure how selling players for profit and winning what I have read is a very competitive league dovetail well together. However apparently we are in financial crisis! 

awards.thumb.jpg.3f3c111fd36bab85fb0a20b4c84cef9d.jpg

Steve Smith has scooped both the player of the year and golden boot awards, which has resulted in every English Championship team and their dog indicating their interest. I tried offer him a new contract to raise his minimum buyout clause but he wasn't interested. So if someone comes in for him then he will be out the door for 1.7mil. 

away.jpg.4385774efc381f99b17e40e3a99db3d6.jpg

over 8,000 miles to play in South Korea. I was not happy when we conceded a back post header, but after giving the players a shouting to (yes this is the new boss, looks like the old boss but is not!) We got back level, I pushed up the left wing back into a support duty and he came good supplying a pull back for Smith to put across the keeper to give us a good chance to progress.

Steve Smith was absolutely nuts for us in the second half of the season, no wonder he's continuing on like that with you in charge. Good result against Suwon!

5 hours ago, Minuy600 said:

Steve Smith was absolutely nuts for us in the second half of the season, no wonder he's continuing on like that with you in charge. Good result against Suwon!

Especially with cricket duties in there as well.