Using teams with hard coded transfer rules to create rare clubs

Bartolo

Hello and sorry for my bad english...

The are some clubs with hard coded transfer rules in the game like Chivas, El Nacional (Athletic de Bilbao too, but it doesn't help me for the example). Those teams can only sign players from their own countries. 

But, if you place Chivas or El Nacional in other nation's league, they will only be able to buy players from that nationality. So, if you edit El Nacional to play in England, they will only be able to sign english players. 

The best club to do this is Bermuda Hogges, an extinct club (so you don't have to ruin mexican or ecuadorian leagues). Let's say you'd like to play with QPR hard coded to only be able to sign english players. You replace QPR with Bermuda Hogges, move all players, staff, board, rivalries, etc to Bermuda Hogges. Then, rename Bermuda Hogges as QPR, and delete QPR from the database. Now you have a QPR that can only sign english players. 

I loved to do that with Cardiff in FM 17 and 18. You got a team that can only sign welsh players. It was some kind of Athletic de Bilbao in the English League. I loved to manage both Cardiff and Welsh national team. I tried to do the same in FM 19 and FM 20 but you get a Cardiff who can only buy english players, not welsh players.

It seems that in previous versions, teams with hard coded transfer rules used the editor's "based nation" field to determine the nationality of the players that those clubs with hard coded transfer rules can buy (Wales in the case of Cardiff) but in FM 19 and FM 20 those teams use the "nation" field (England) to determine the player's nationality. 

Is there any other club with hard coded transfer rules to try to replicate this welsh Ahtletic de Bilbao, or anybody knows how to replicate it? it does not seems like the typical request that they will include in the final patch. 

(I Know i can force myself to only buy welsh players, but it's not the same).

Thanks!

Edited by Bartolo

Yes the editor doesn't seem to account for the Welsh teams in the English leagues, and also the Canadian teams in the MLS. Allowing leagues to have additional nations would make it very interesting for modders to make an alternate history USSR 2020 league, or a Yugoslavia league, or a United Africa league etc.

• 4 months later...