A way to spend wages earned

Smurf

We get paid a salary in football manager. And thought it would be a nice thing if wages could be spent on somethings.

Maybe for FMT where you can get unlockables, perhaps your wages could be used to purchase one of these.

Or if you're playing full FM - perhaps amounting a certain amount of wages could give you the option of investing your earnings when you retire your manager. Perhaps in another club, and it comes up as a 3rd party investor has invested in Club X. 

I often play on through the decades and many a time reached 100 years old. Be nice to have a feature that put you into retirement circa 65-75 years old - and then gives you an option to invest your earnings in a club.

I know it's not strictly what retiring managers do - but it's a game after all. And if you could invest some of your earnings from salary then the board would decide if it's a new stadium, pay off debts, new training facilities, increased transfer/wage funds etc. 

That way it's not really strictly down to just investing your earnings and the club then all of a sudden buys great plays, the investment may not go to transfers at all. 

Anyway - in regards to your earnings at club management level there isn't a way to currently spend those wages. 

Other suggestions that I would agree with are perhaps to go on a course. I've signed players before who have no English and asked if there would be a language barrier. It would be nice to be able to perhaps upskill your spoken languages by buying a language course, then you won't have those issues with players who don't speak English.

Other management courses could be around financials (Wegner was heavily involved Arsenal economics as far as I know) - and perhaps in man management, giving you more concise answers to player queries in interactions, or even that your answer is more agreeable to the player - or some other way.

I'm sure there are plenty of coaching courses managers do. 

Or maybe it can get you Fifa Pro Licenses to coach at different levels - I'm not really sure how this works. 

Anyway - just a few thoughts in and around spending your wages.

I've accumulated 400,000million in earnings before. 

And reaching 100 years of age isn't really practical either. 

Be interested to hear anyone else's ideas on this.

Note

FM have said they won't let it become a FM Chairman, so building clubs/stadium designs/kit designs etc are not in the remit, so please don't suggest those. 

Thanks

Isn't giving random clubs money which could theoretically have been earned by a manager what the data editor is for? Struggling to think of any real life examples of a manager forced to retire and give all his money to another club, so can't really see the point of introducing it to FM. Even Barry Fry, the rare example of a decent level football manager becoming a decent level club chairman more focused on the money side of things never gave his earnings to his club.

I do think letting a manager take language courses would be in keeping with the FM series approach though.

The coaching badges are already in the game and already improve your man management skills [and are frankly just difficulty levels which don't really resemble reality: you can't even get management jobs at a top tier club without Continental Pro or get any sort of professional management job without Continental A in many countries]. Some managers do business courses as well and I guess skewing the attributes would be fun, but they're all cheap in relation to manager salaries, so letting you choose if and how you improve your starting stats would kind of defeat the point of having low starting stats tbh. 

• 4 months later...