Moving from Windows to Mac. Can I move my saves?

Hi everyone,

can I move my saves from windows to Mac as I’ve got a new Mac laptop and want to play there. I’m also the host of my online save with my friends so that’s really the most important that needs to be transferred. 

Please help! 

21 minutes ago, Cursedyou said:

Hi everyone,

can I move my saves from windows to Mac as I’ve got a new Mac laptop and want to play there. I’m also the host of my online save with my friends so that’s really the most important that needs to be transferred. 

Please help! 

Either save the saves to the cloud, or to the likes of Dropbox which can then be accessed on the Mac, or just copy them over physically over network or USB stick.

When you save any game you have the option to save as a local file or in the cloud. That appears as a choice when you opt to "save as".  Saving to the Steam Cloud is the easiest way, ideally used with game saves.

There are other options include saving everything to an external service. However it seems to me like you aren't very familiar with iMacs file structure. Its not hard but Mojave adds a step that we need to do.

You transfer your files from Windows to somewhere like Dropbox, then you download everything to your Mac. Then move everything to Library>Application Support. Or you use access rights to provide permission for FM to access a specific folder outside Application Support.   There are plenty of guides on youtube that help show you how to do it.