Becoming a selling club

Hi, 

I've got a plan in mind as the manager of a relatively small team to buy in promising talent and sell the players in as soon as their value hits an acceptable amount for me. In doing this I've managed to get a player to be valued at £3.6million (my entire overall balance in the club is less than a million) and I think this a good opportunity to cash in. My question is, how is best to do this? I've tried setting his asking price at his value but that hasn't affected anything, and when I'm scared of transfer listing him as there's a warning about potentially upsetting him. Does anyone have any experience with running a club this way that could help me out? Thanks. 

I ran Hampton and Richmond like that at the start. I’d transfer list him if you want the money now and accept the consequences. Otherwise just continue to let him grow and wait until a club or two show an interest. You could also just offer him out there without listing him, although I’ve found that often doesn’t result in any offers, and even that might give him the hump.

10 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

Hi, 

I've got a plan in mind as the manager of a relatively small team to buy in promising talent and sell the players in as soon as their value hits an acceptable amount for me. In doing this I've managed to get a player to be valued at £3.6million (my entire overall balance in the club is less than a million) and I think this a good opportunity to cash in. My question is, how is best to do this? I've tried setting his asking price at his value but that hasn't affected anything, and when I'm scared of transfer listing him as there's a warning about potentially upsetting him. Does anyone have any experience with running a club this way that could help me out? Thanks. 

If you are a selling club, you will obviously upset players.. it's part and parcel of the philosophy... personally i would offer him out, if no-one is interested, then he is overvalued and you will have to either wait or improve his reputation enough that clubs want him...  doing this with lower league clubs is a hard slog and you will undoubtedly find you won't get the players full value most of the time. it's a case of either keeping the player or accepting selling him for less while still making profit.