20.2.4 on the Switch

20.3 will be released for the other platforms around the end of the month or the beginning of march. So it will probably be around mid march for the Switch.

Much more expensive than Android/Steam/iOs FMT and not up to date.

Great.

Edited by Nil14

2 hours ago, Alex Pitt said:

Nintendo are stricter about how many updates you can do, so Switch won't receive 20.2.4; its next update will be 20.3.

Appericiate that this isn't yours/sigames fault but this is very poor. The match engine is not in a fit state and switch owners will have to wait until next month at best to take advantage of the changes you are implementing. 

From a personal point of view, I will not be purchasing future versions of fm for the switch if this is the approach to updates. 

I'd much rather receive this update and enjoy the game with a working Match Engine, even if it means we'd have to skip the data update, than having to wait 6 weeks with a faulty match engine. In fact I'm almost sure I'll put the game aside before that. It was annoying before, but now knowing that there's a fix and I can't have it just makes me want to stop playing altogether.

But I already bought the game, so it's all the same for SI. First and last time I buy this for the Switch.

SI should warn to potential Switch users that the game will always be several days/weeks behind the other versions and won't get as many updates. When they focus on small details it can be OK but so many changes in the ME is too much to be postponed till next month. Something to consider when buying with the higher price tag.

Counting the first, one week after release, the ME this week and the future data update it's only three. Nintendo should allow it. It's not like the game is updated every week.

Edited by Nil14

• SI Staff

This is frustrating for us too and we really would have loved to be able to release the update on Switch but there's not much we can do; to release a game on Nintendo's platform we have to abide by their guidelines.

On 07/02/2020 at 17:21, ivosilva said:

I'd much rather receive this update and enjoy the game with a working Match Engine, even if it means we'd have to skip the data update

With respect, we'd have just as many complaints - if not more - if we did this.

Well then, I'm not buying 2021 (right now the Switch is the only platform I have available to play FM as my laptop is too old), and I'll make sure to inform potential buyers about the fact that they are paying more for a product that won't get the same support as other platforms.

At least it would be better to know that beforehand.

Damn, like many others I can only play on the Switch as I dont have a laptop and the mobile version is too easy. Shame about Nintendo being ridiculously tight about updates. I will continue to play and buy it though as FM is the one for me. I dont see too much wrong with the ME but I have bugs such as every time I try to save a tactic it crashes my game. But SI please dont stop production on Switch, it's the only way I can play!!

The wait for the last patch doesnt bother me at all. What bothers me and kept me from buying the 2020 Switch version is that the german national team has fake players, breaking the game for me. A real pity because I loved the controls and the 2019s game (until the german national team was patched out again).

On 09/02/2020 at 02:53, Nil14 said:

Well then, I'm not buying 2021 (right now the Switch is the only platform I have available to play FM as my laptop is too old), and I'll make sure to inform potential buyers about the fact that they are paying more for a product that won't get the same support as other platforms.

At least it would be better to know that beforehand.

Maybe buy a new laptop you can play FM2020 on if that bothers you so much.

Edited by Carambau

4 minutes ago, adamheats said:

Completely random question...does anybody know how to add downloaded tactics to the switch? 

you cant.

The Switch is a closed system thats why you cant add external files.

Edited by Carambau