Tactics/Player role help

I have recently purchased FMT for the switch and I am struggling with getting to grips with the tactics and player roles in a formation. Is it better to have the players as their preferred roles or the roles that are on the default formation/tactics? I have tried both but my midfielders constantly play around 6.1/6.4 rating. I am doing a Coventry City save and would really appreciate any kind of feedback. (If this has been answered please direct me in that direction - Thanks)

9 hours ago, adamheats said:

I have recently purchased FMT for the switch and I am struggling with getting to grips with the tactics and player roles in a formation. Is it better to have the players as their preferred roles or the roles that are on the default formation/tactics? I have tried both but my midfielders constantly play around 6.1/6.4 rating. I am doing a Coventry City save and would really appreciate any kind of feedback. (If this has been answered please direct me in that direction - Thanks)

In my opinion, it should be a mix. Evaluate your players first, draw up a system incorporating some of their preferred roles (mostly for your best players). Your two best midfielders may be Ball Winning Midfielders but it probably wouldn't be a good idea to have a midfield 2 consisting of just those two roles.

If you want more specific advice for your team, it would be best to ask in the below subforum:

https://community.sigames.com/forum/19-tactics-training-strategies-discussion/