Unrealistic transfer budget after promotion to Vanarama National

Just got promoted to Vanarama National with Dulwich Hamlet after season 1, and from 10k budget that I had, the board gave me 1.38 million euros. I only got 53k from players sold during the season... OK i went deep into the FA Cup (lost to Chelsea in the third round), so my overall balance is 2.5 milion...but is it realistic to be offering more than half the balance as a transfer budget? Is it not very unrealistic? I've been playing LLM football with every FM version for years, this is the first time I've come across this...

Thanks for the reply. I haven't progressed to next season, so the only thing i see is from board expectation is that the plan of promotion to Vanarama National was completed 2 years ahead of schedule...Still regardless, within the same save I checked the highest total paid for transfers in the Vanarama National (29k from Barnet) and even Sky bet League Two (400k from Colchester)... surely it feels highly unrealistic and even like cheating, to be getting a 1.4 million transfer budget?...

29 minutes ago, Pantelas said:

Thanks for the reply. I haven't progressed to next season, so the only thing i see is from board expectation is that the plan of promotion to Vanarama National was completed 2 years ahead of schedule...Still regardless, within the same save I checked the highest total paid for transfers in the Vanarama National (29k from Barnet) and even Sky bet League Two (400k from Colchester)... surely it feels highly unrealistic and even like cheating, to be getting a 1.4 million transfer budget?...

Do not discount just how valuable a 3rd round tie to Chelsea is for a club in your position. Seriously! The 3rd round, especially to play an absolute giant like Chelsea is jackpot time!

How many other teams in the Vanarama South have a balance like yours? Or in the national league? You’re a victim of your own success.

You also don’t HAVE to spend it. Maybe you could suggest a stadium expansion or an investment in facilities.

The fact you had a quite incredible cup run AND got out of the division 2 seasons ahead of the planned vision suggests you’re doing something incredible. The board are delighted with you. And have rewarded you with a crazy transfer budget, because they trust you :)

Edited by sidslayer

29 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Savage but true

1 hour ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Almost like taking a team from the lowest possible league to the 3rd round of the FA Cup in the first season and being drawn away to Chelsea...

20200211173614_1.thumb.jpg.3ea11832eea66a6cfa66e61a6ecb5cc8.jpg

So are you saying that it's almost unrealistic for a 6th-tier team to beat a 4th-tier team (Walsall) 1-0 at home on the First FA cup round, then beat a 5th-tier team (Hartlepool) 1-0 and then be drawn away to Chelsea? Really?

In FM08, my 5th-tier team beat League 2 opposition in Round 1, League 1 opposition in Round 2 and then Premier League opposition in Round 3 (Away) before losing to Premier League opposition in Round 4 (Home).

Enjoy the good luck while you have it, I say