And suddenly strikers are dead

1 hour ago, XuluBak said:

No, I just think it's confirmation bias. Some people are having trouble with their strikers scoring goals and asking for tactical advice, which was happening before the latest ME update, and you're going to their threads and repeating "strikers are broken" instead of offering tactical advice. If the ME update "broke strikers" then  everyone's strikers would be "broken," but that's not the case. You keep pointing to your "world class strikers" as the crux of your argument, but of the four, Munteanu is the only one you could say has been prolific over his career. Arp had 26 goals last year? He's 27 with 60 career goals; it seems last year was the outlier, not this year. Zirkzee and Munteanu are scoring, maybe not as well as last year, but teams are probably playing more defensively against you, making it harder for them to get in behind for easy goals. You listed your tactic with a TM and AF, but all three look like AFs, so I can't help wondering if they're not finding a run of good form because of over rotation. 

It sounds like you're using Ciftci  as a #10? Well, that's a different argument entirely. One could argue #10s have been underperforming since FM20 beta; alternatively, one could argue #10s are a dying breed for a reason and the ME reflects that. 

Clearly the AMC has been a position that has struggled to consistently perform on the last two FMs, incidentally when the new defensive options came in, I don't think that's a coincidence. 

However, while you are probably right in saying that the no.10 is a dying breed in world football I don't think the ME in a football game should be nullifying roles and positions etc to mirror real life. That just cuts down on the options that you, the player has. 

Edited by craigcwwe

36 minuti fa, craigcwwe ha scritto:

However, you are probably right in saying that the no.10 is a dying breed in world football I don't think the ME in a football game should be nullifying roles and positions etc to mirror real life. That just cuts down on the options that you, the player has. 

I agree with you and that's the philosophy I like: talking about the problems that we can solve with tactics and with a better feedback to SI.