I cant use my editor!

M.U.F.C....TSVR

I bought FM09 today boxed. I installed it - had to via stream. wanted to mooch around in the editor and came across this error i get when i click on the editor icon. it says - C://Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2009/data editor. exe ---underneath say's --- The application has failed to start as the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the aplication may fix this problem. So, im confused. Now what?

thanks for any help

I bought FM09 today boxed. I installed it - had to via stream. wanted to mooch around in the editor and came across this error i get when i click on the editor icon. it says - C://Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Football Manager 2009/data editor. exe ---underneath say's --- The application has failed to start as the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the aplication may fix this problem. So, im confused. Now what?

thanks for any help

I mentioned this ages ago, got an answer from a FM tester, but no offical comment from SI, seems they know about it but I was informed they have biger problems with this game at the moment than the editor not working under steam install. I am not happy with reply, but hey, what more can I do. SI must be aware of editor problems by now, enough people have commented.

Hope this helps, cheers

Hey. I had the same problem a few days ago, but then found this:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

I think all you do is Download the fix and then install it. Once that's done, your Editor should work fine.

Hope you get it going.

---------

P.S. sorry if this link has already been paste-d...)

Archived