Managing Under-18s

Is it no longer possible to manage under-18s yourself?

I'm in preseason at the moment. I have taken control over under-18s training, touchline shouts and opposition instructions in the responsibilities tab. I can't see any other options to take control, but all tactics for the under-18s are greyed out. The under-18s manager has responsibility for friendlies, and there is no option to take this for myself in the responsibilities tab. 

Will I get control of tactics once the main season starts? 

Do I need to fire my under-18s manager to take complete control. 

I want to make sure under-18s players are played in new positions they're retraining for. If anyone has another way to do this that wouldn't involve playing all your matches that would be good. 

On 24/02/2020 at 14:01, bintang said:

I want to make sure under-18s players are played in new positions they're retraining for. If anyone has another way to do this that wouldn't involve playing all your matches that would be good. 

The day before every reserves or youth team match you should receive a message asking you which first team players you would like to make available for the forthcoming match. At this time if you go into the reserve or youth team tactics screen or squad screen you can place every player in the "correct" position and that is where he will play in the next match.